ASDA Customer Assistant Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jun 10, 2017

2.2

14 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Customer Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Coventry, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at ASDA (Coventry, England (UK)).

Interview

Online application
Assessment centre called asda magic - this was an interview with standard interview questions type tell me about a time when.... questions were customer service related obviously.
Later I have a quickey go to have a look how does it go on the shopfloor and get familiar with facilities.
I've left the store in around 1.5h that included interview and showing around the storest.
I got an offer after 3 days confirming the hours I can work.
General experience of interview and first weeks of work is good.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you provided a great customer service
    How would you treat a customer that is rude to you   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for ASDA

Customer Assistant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at ASDA.

Interview

Unprofessional wasn't advised the right details and ended up in a different department to what I thought. To much of a long process for a simple supermarket role.

Very u happy would of though better for such a big orgibsation

Customer Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bristol, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at ASDA (Bristol, England (UK)) in July 2016.

Interview

Asda Magic days are done in groups, there are some teambuilding exercises (e.g. we took down as many facts about someone else in the group as possible and then shared them among the group) and videos to watch and answer questions on, then you are taken for a one-on-one interview (which is more of a quick, informal kind of chat and really nothing too taxing or difficult)

Customer Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at ASDA (London, England (UK)) in February 2016.

Interview

Completed online application, offered instore magic group interview, then interviewed 1 to 1 and finally shown around store and escorted out of store. Interview went fairly well but very generic.

Customer Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Leeds, England (UK)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at ASDA (Leeds, England (UK)).

Interview

Firstly you've to complete an online application form which consists of brief information about yourself as well as a a type of questionnaire which they use to assess your suitability for the role. This questionnaire consists of given scenarios, with multiple choice answers. You must select the answer according to what you would do in the given scenario.

If your application is successful you will be contacted and invited to the 'Asda Magic Day'. This is no more than 2 hours long and consists of a tour of the store, a group activity, training including watching videos about matters such as health and safety, and finally a 1-1 interview.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you have received bad customer service.   1 Answer

Negotiation

Easy to negotiate hours of work and availability. I found that going straight from college to work would be difficult so they changed that for me.

Customer Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Stockport, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at ASDA (Stockport, England (UK)) in June 2015.

Interview

pretty straight forward and the questions were very typical and was quite surprised that the interviewer didn't seem to be really bothered and was taking it very easy which actually made me feel better

Customer Assistant Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at ASDA.

Interview

I applied online and the initial form was easy enough to fill in and submit. A few days later, i got a phone call asking to attend a Magic event, which was a group interview. They introduced themselves and we were partnered up to introduce each other to the rest of the group. After that we watched a few videos about the company and what they stand for. We were then taken on a tour of the store and invited to "have a go" to see what it was like. After this group interview, we were invited back to have an individual interview, which to me felt a little informal but made me feel more comfortable. After this we were to wait and find out, only took about a week.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for us?
      what is good customer service to you?   1 Answer

Customer Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Manchester, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at ASDA (Manchester, England (UK)) in August 2014.

Interview

It was fairly easy with a group interview first where they assess your skills on teamwork then a one to one interview with a line manager of your department if successful. The line manager mostly wants to know when you are available to work and whether that fits in with their criteria.

Interview Questions

• Give me an example where you went above and beyond in the name of customer service?   Answer Question

Negotiation

N/A

Customer Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Wrexham, Wales (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at ASDA (Wrexham, Wales (UK)) in June 2014.

Interview

Very quick and simple. Few question on why I want to do this job? Why Asda? What made you apply for this job? What is your current situation? I did one month work placement.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for Asda? What do you know about Asda? What can you bring to the organisation?   Answer Question

Customer Assistant Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at ASDA in March 2014.

Interview

I applied online through the Asda website, completed the online application form - which was multiple choice questions. Within a week, I was invited via email to an 'Asda Magic' recruitment event.

There were 15 candidates at the event. At 25 I was the 2nd oldest there as most of them were students or school leavers. We were all taken to a room with chairs and tables in and on each table there was paperwork with a name badge on top of it, we had to find our name and so were randomly placed - which was a shame as I was getting on well with one of the girls but we were separated. There were 3 tables - 5 candidates per table.

We were told to find out about the person next to us and 3 interesting facts about them and they were told to find out 3 interesting things about us - so it would be good to think of some things beforehand. We then had to tell the rest of the group what we'd found out.

Next we had to work with the rest of our table. The managers brought a bag with 3 items in (1 per table), we had to randomly select an item and were expected to sell it to the managers. We were given 15 minutes to get a presentation/sales pitch together. The items ranged from car air fresheners to shaving gel. Everyone is expected to speak in the presentation and participate in the planning of it. Our presentation was pretty naff but it doesn't matter how rubbish it is as its all about how well you work together - thats what you are assessed on, so don't sit quietly in the corner... listen to others in your group and talk to them.

After the presentations we filled out some paperwork and 'had a go' on the shop floor. We just had to pull stock forward on the shelves and put misplaced stock in right place. We also had to help a customer somehow, so keep an eye out for customers struggling to decide on something or trying to reach something etc and approach them asking if you can help.

Finally, we had a one-on-one interview - which was absolutely fine. I was really nervous for this but the questions were simple and easy to answer - for example - What would need to happen for you take the day off work? I just looked at the interviewer blankly thinking 'is he expecting me to say something like a natural disaster or a major illness?' He must have caught on to my puzzled look as he said "For example, would you take the day off if you had cold?" I said I wouldn't stay off for cold, but I would stay off if I had a sickness bug in case I infected my colleagues or was sick in the store.

The interview lasted about 5-10 mins. I also noticed while he was writing my responses that he was scoring my answers. The numbers were 1-4 and he kept scoring me a 3. On the last page I saw that 3 meant 'Would recommend for this role'.

And that was it!! They respond within 48 hours whether you're successful or not and I was offered the job!

Interview Questions

• There were 2 questions I struggled to answer on the spot. First was: "Tell me about the best piece of customer service you have ever given?" and the second:, "What do you dislike about working in a team?"   1 Answer