ASDA Home Shopping Driver Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Apr 5, 2017

1.9

7 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Home Shopping Driver Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at ASDA.

Interview

Easy to join, simple online assesment then a interview which was just a induction day, then i had the job, then a few days later in the van and was on my own

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for ASDA

Home Shopping Driver Interview

Anonymous Employee in Birmingham, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at ASDA (Birmingham, England (UK)) in November 2015.

Interview

group class room sessions. shop floor meet and greet tests with customers, and one to one interview with manger. Also some written memory tests learning about Asda`s policy`s and rules.

Interview Questions

• How will you be travelling to work.   1 Answer

Home Shopping Driver Interview

Anonymous Employee in Colchester, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at ASDA (Colchester, England (UK)) in June 2015.

Interview

simple . you cant go wrong they are so desperate for drivers they dont say no to anyone. as long as you can string a sentence together youve passed it. dont even do a cro check on drivers , hell you could be a just released lifer and theyd employ you, they tried to get the pg chimps , but they were too canny , been there with the explotation .......

Home Shopping Driver Interview

Anonymous Employee in Stevenage, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at ASDA (Stevenage, England (UK)) in March 2015.

Interview

Short, simple interview, and online test which is a bit harder. It was very informal and easy to get this job, despite having no delivering experience. The manager even helped on some of the online questions, but then actually got some wrong himself.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for Asda?   1 Answer

Home Shopping Driver Interview

Anonymous Employee in Ellesmere Port, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at ASDA (Ellesmere Port, England (UK)) in September 2014.

Interview

Briefly tell something about ourselves, take part in a group activity, watch some videos and a one on one interview all so they can say they went through the process of the interview and hire all that attended as they are so short staffed most of the time, I got told that this stage was just a formality.

Interview Questions

• Where do you see yourself in 5 years   1 Answer

Home Shopping Driver Interview

Anonymous Employee in Mansfield, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at ASDA (Mansfield, England (UK)) in November 2013.

Interview

Group interview. All given tasks to work as a team. One was "how would you turn this bin bag in to something you could sell".

Then taken for individual interviews which were quite informal.

Interview Questions

• "how would you turn this bin bag in to something you could sell"   Answer Question

Home Shopping Driver Interview

Anonymous Employee in Stockton-on-Tees, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at ASDA (Stockton-on-Tees, England (UK)) in October 2009.

Interview

Asda has an online recruitment website which it now uses, and does not issue application forms anymore. If you pass the initial papersift, you are invited to an 'Asda Magic' day where you take part in a group screening.
    In the group screening, you have several tasks to complete such as pairing with another candidate and you have to explain your background to them in 30 seconds. After that, there is a group exercise, such as building a tower out of balloons. This tests your ability to work as part of a team, and your ability to be a leader as well. You will then go onto the shop floor to 'Have a go' where you are expected to interact with the customer. This lasts about 20 minutes, and is comparable to slave labour.
    If you are successful at this point, you are invited to an interview. The interview will normally take place in a small secluded room, and the interview can be quite intimidating. The manager conducting the interview will take your uniform sizing at this point, and may or may not tell you if you have been successful or not.

Interview Questions

• The interview can be quite intimidating, and the manager conducting the interview will ask questions where you will have to answer with life experiences.   Answer Question

Negotiation

There wasn't really any negotiating. Asda is a company that tells you how it is and expects you to like it, or leave. Managers within the company are not afraid to tell you where the door is.