ASDA Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Oct 19, 2017

2.4

66 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Store Colleague Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Clapham, London, England (UK)

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at ASDA (Clapham, London, England (UK)).

Interview

Group interview/ team building excercises and then individual interview with store manager.
    We were asked to get to know the person next to us and introduce them to the room, then build a tower out of balloons. We were then put on the shop floor to organise the George clothing department whilst people went for individual interviews.
    Was told I would hear back in a few days but heard nothing, tried to call and operator put me through to an unanswered line. But the process was enjoyable and nothing to be too worried about.

Checkout Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hull, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at ASDA (Hull, England (UK)) in August 2017.

Interview

Applied online and had to complete two tests based around customer interaction in addition to the usual declaration regarding right to work and unspent convictions etc. I was then invited to participate in an ASDA Magic session at the store. At other stores this involves teambuilding exercises, however at this mid-size store it only entailed an interview and having a go at the role. We were informed of the outcome by telephone less than an hour after the end of the process.

Interview Questions

• Give an example of a time you received excellent customer service   Answer Question

Ambient Process Colleague Nights Interview

Application

The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at ASDA in August 2017.

Interview

I applied online and was successful they emailed me a few days later to schedule me for a Asda magic session and I was able to pick what date and time I was available. Went there and 5 of us turned up out of 11. We had an icebreaker which was talk to the person next to you and find out information about them. We then had to introduce each other and we're asked what we would take with us to the moon. It was pretty relaxed. We then had to join teams and make a box for an egg so it doesn't crack from falling from a metre. After that we were taken on the shopfloor and asked to take notes on what we noticed for example what was rescued in the store etc. We came back gave feedback to the manager and then just asked to fill forms for availability. Staff were friendly and we were told we are going to get called or emailed if we are successful for a 1 to 1 interview so I'm waiting on that

Cashier Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at ASDA (London, England (UK)).

Interview

Got invited to an ASDA magic event and were in a room were asked to partner up and find things out about the person next to us. Then had to do a team building exercise to make the tallest tower. Very informal.

Anonymous Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at ASDA (London, England (UK)) in July 2017.

Interview

I applied for the role online - this included completing online tests too. I heard back in like two weeks via email inviting me too an 'Asda Magic Assessment'. This was a group of about 15 people. It lasted the whole day from 11-3. Consisting of two presentations one individual and one group.

Interview Questions

• Icebreaker - talk to the person next to you for 5 minutes and find out as many things as possible about them - present this back to the group   Answer Question
    • Group exercise - we were given a product and in our groups we had to try and advertise this to the managers   Answer Question
    • Have a go - completing tasks around the store   Answer Question
    • What are your short term and long term goals   Answer Question

Checkout Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Birmingham, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at ASDA (Birmingham, England (UK)) in July 2017.

Interview

Applied online and received a notification for an interview about a week later. Very short interview with two managers. Basic questions were asked and then forms regarding availability were filled in.

George Colleague Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Newport, Newport, Wales (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at ASDA (Newport, Newport, Wales (UK)) in July 2017.

Interview

Filled in online application, was asked to attend a magic session 2 weeks later. Then attended a 2nd interview the week after which went well and never heard no more from them. My account submission status says job application in progress. Have rung the store twice and nobody has got back to me. You’d think they would as least have the decency to let you know, when you’ve spent time attending two interviews!

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you received good customer service.   Answer Question

ASDA Colleague Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at ASDA.

Interview

Applied online. Had to do a long but easy questionnaire. After 2 weeks got an email that my application was unsuccessful. Then got a call 2 days later asking if I was still interested to come for a group interview "Asda magic" which was 3 days after the day I got the call. I agreed to attend.

At the group interview there were 8 people other than me and two people were absent(2 empty seats with name badges). There were 3 rounds. First one was to introduce ourselves to the person sitting next to you and introduce them to the group. They gave us 3 questions to discuss i)what's your name? ii)why do you want to work for Asda iii)what matters the most to you in the world and why?

In second round, we were divided into two groups and we had to was make a tower of balloons, and they judge you on how you work in a team etc

In Third round, we were given a tour of the stock room and left us on the floor to act as shop assistant for 15 minutes.

Then we given forms to fill about our availability and preferred departments and uniform sizes. And said we would hear from them next week if we were successful in this interview. Got an email and call 2 days later saying I wasn't successful. Got a feedback too.

Asda Graduate Scheme 2017 Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Leeds, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at ASDA (Leeds, England (UK)) in April 2017.

Interview

Negative experience, would not recommend.

*I can't speak for everyone, but these were my experiences*

The application process was completely disorganised. For example, we arrived at the 'final' stage (the assessment centre) only to be told that they had created another stage for us next week. The recruitment team seemed confused and not in control- they had no idea how many jobs were available, or in which departments.

Customer service was also lacking. I was told that I would receive feedback on my performance whatever the outcome, and was given a contact to arrange this. I sent a couple of polite emails to arrange this, but was ignored. I finally managed to arrange a slot to talk, but was never called. Having completed two assessment days up and down the country, an online interview, and several online tests, I think 5 minutes of feedback would have been a nice gesture.

In short, I wanted to like Asda, but I saw only confusion and disinterest.

I had some fantastic experiences with their Big Four competitors (who also rejected me- this is about honesty, not bitterness haha) and would recommend applying there instead if you are interested in the industry.

I hope this helps someone!

Interview Questions

• I was asked a lot of competency-based things and about my motivations   Answer Question

Ambient Colleague Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at ASDA in March 2017.

Interview

Applied online, did the questionnaire and got an email asking to come to a "Magic Assessment" a few days later.

There were three exercises...
    1. Find out more about the person sitting next to you, then tell the group.
    2. Build a tower out of dried spaghetti and marshmallows in groups of three.
    3. Build a castle out of balloons in a different group of three.

It was quite relaxed, and I found it easy to talk to everyone, it wasn't really like a standard interview. However, I heard the next day that I was unsuccessful. Not sure why, but maybe they were looking for a certain type of people, and I wasn't it.