ASDA Interview Questions | Glassdoor

ASDA Interview Questions

Updated Mar 18, 2017

2.4

Sales Assistant Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at ASDA.

Interview

It was quick and short but quite disorganised. They had too many roles that they were interviewing for, and they didn't know which candidates were the correct ones for which, as there was some problem with HR or something. Also they were running behind schedule as there were other interviewees hanging around when I arrived and left. But nice people.

ASDA Colleague Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Manchester, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at ASDA (Manchester, England (UK)) in February 2017.

Interview

Applied online via ASDA website. A few weeks later I was contacted by e-mail to attend ASDA Magic Session. It was a group interview. We were introducetd to the company, we visited the store and then we did some group activities (we had to introduce ourselves to other candidate, and they would introduce us to the rest of the group). Then we were asked to build anything from spaghetti and marshmallows in groups of 4 or 5.

Interview Questions

• In an emergency, if you could save one personal item, which would it be and why.   Answer Question

Checkout Operator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at ASDA (London, England (UK)) in January 2017.

Interview

Filled in an online application, had a situational judgement test. Attended Asda magic event (old Kent road London) - which was the biggest joke I've ever experienced, really stupid situation where they assess personality, the loud obnoxious ones always try to outshine everyone and it's difficult to get your bit in edgewise. Personality doesn't determine the kind of worker you are. I will not be applying there again. Don't even bother unless you're an obnoxious loud person.

Counters Colleague Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Halifax, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at ASDA (Halifax, England (UK)) in November 2016.

Interview

went to what they call a magic assessment they will get intouch if i make it to a 1 on 1 interview and then do some shop floor work in the department i chose

Seasonal Colleague Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Grimsby, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at ASDA (Grimsby, England (UK)).

Interview

Group interview was very relaxed and made u feel very informal just see if u could work in a team,a few different tasks were set then half the group went on shop floor the other half had interviews with the colleagues then swapped around .... they let you no in a week if u have got the position

Interview Questions

• What was. Bad customer service situation and how did u get round it   Answer Question

George Colleague Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at ASDA in September 2016.

Interview

I applied online , got a phone call 3 days later ,invited for a Asda Magic Event.
    It's a group interview, we were 10 and played bingo ( asking one question each ) , teamplay how to pack a egg that it wouldn't break if if falls down from about 2-3 m high,with a budget where we could 'buy' different packing materials, then we had a go on the shop floor in a group of 4 , we could choose a part of the shop and there we had to look ,how is the presentation, is everything available, if not how can you get the item you want to buy, is the shop floor clean , what is good , what would you change , back in the room we spoke about our experience .
    Last thing we had to do was to write down ,our availability to work .
    Today I have my 1:1 Interview, so fingers crossed.
    All in all it wasn't tricky , just be yourself and work as a team member, be friendly and smile .

Shop Floor Assistant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at ASDA in September 2016.

Interview

Fill an online application and did the online assessment too which was very easy and 2 days later got a call to come for a group interview which was a week later and also told to bring my passport and NI number,on interview day went 10 minutes earlier and they said to wait outside as their staff room was too little and there were 25 others after 10 minutes wait they took our documents and we wait for another 20-25 minutes and at last they took us in a big room and we sit in three groups they give us a form to fill and then give us 10 minutes to find out about the person next to us and introduce him then give each groups a products and asked us to discuss about it and sell it on us ours was washing up liquid and sadly we didn't win after this we were given an other form to fill which was about our flexibility and sections we would like to work in then took us to the shop floor and divided us in each departments i was in kiosk with 2 others we learn how to do the paypoint , lottery, sell cigarette, alcohol and do click& collect in the end managers called us for 1:1 interview and asked 3-4 question which was about customer service and told that they will let us know by Monday if its yes or no forgot to say the interview was on Thursday.

Home Shopping Delivery Driver Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Leeds, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at ASDA (Leeds, England (UK)) in September 2016.

Interview

Invited to a magic session after an online assessment. Was really nervous having read some reviews but once I got in there i was fine. Relaxed and just a bit of fun really. A few forms to fill out then a few group activities. Phone call if successful or email with feedback if unsuccessful.

Anonymous Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pudsey, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at ASDA (Pudsey, England (UK)) in September 2016.

Interview

Easy interview...15 mins...first half a group activity...ice breaker..had to make somthing using spaghetti and marshmallows....then went to the shop floor to give it a go...was kinda fun actually...then went for the interview...the interviewer semmed unprepared though...didn't ask too many questions...just kept looking at the paper...got the feedback same day..

Interview Questions

• Have you done any team work?
      Have you handled any pressure situations?
      Answer Question

Home Delivery Driver Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bolton, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at ASDA (Bolton, England (UK)) in August 2016.

Interview

Online application with multiple choice questions then invited to group interview. We were put into pairs with questions to ask each other then had to tell the group about the person we had been paired with, we were then split into two groups and given a packet of spaghetti and a packet of marshmallows which we had to make a tower with, this was to see how we interacted with each other. On the whole fairly relaxed and fun, just grin and bear it and participate to get the most from it. a couple of days later had a call for a one to one interview. At one to one interview found there were no home delivery vacancies left only checkout with mimimal hours.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you had to deal with a difficult customer   Answer Question