ASDA Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.1

356 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Checkout Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in New Ipswich, NH

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at ASDA (New Ipswich, NH) in February 2015.

Interview

Very smooth. Got in touch quickly and with feedback. Applied online and was invited to an "ASDA Magic" session (group interview). Had to undergo an ambiguous task as a group. Was thrn invited back to a 1-to-1 interview which seemed relaxed and I didn't feel under pressure.

Interview Questions

• Explain a time when you had to deal with a difficult customer.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lewis, NY

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at ASDA (Lewis, NY) in January 2013.

Interview

Hiring manager cam forthwith into the room with a series of competency base questions and machinate questions on bakery techniques including the rise height of Hovis brown bread in the oven after 45 min with 2 ounces of yeast. Also to discuss the implications of rising fuel prices in Bwindi Uganda.

Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Pittsburgh, PA

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at ASDA (Pittsburgh, PA) in April 2010.

Interview

Interviewed with 2 managers.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

was not able to negotiate.

Customer Service Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at ASDA (London, England (UK)) in September 2017.

Interview

There are three stages to the interview. The first stage is a group activity where you have to sell a product by coming up with a song or jingle. The second stage is actively working on the shop floor. The third stage is the one to one interview.

Interview Questions

• What is the store doing well and what could it improve on?   1 Answer

Checkout Interview

Interview

I originally applied online for a part time checkout job online, 4 weeks later I got a call inviting me to the magic assessment.
    I had never done a group interview before and safe to say I were terrified!
    Was around 2 of us in a room, first we had to find out about the person next to us and then relay what we found out back to the group - easy enough.
    Next we were split into 4 groups and had to design a sweet bar and someone from each group had to explain the concept to the others. (I decided to do this and this probably got me bonus points!)
    The next morning I got a call to come in for a 1 to 1 interview for the same day and was told there and then the only vacancy available was on the deli counter, I still took this as it was better pay than my job now and wanted to get into the company!
    I was then called around 2 hours after and offered the job!
    I worried about nothing, the interview was absolutely fine and not terrifying at all. Be chatty and try to get noticed and you will do fine!
    Looking forward to my welcome day next week.

Checkout Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hull, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at ASDA (Hull, England (UK)) in August 2017.

Interview

Applied online and had to complete two tests based around customer interaction in addition to the usual declaration regarding right to work and unspent convictions etc. I was then invited to participate in an ASDA Magic session at the store. At other stores this involves teambuilding exercises, however at this mid-size store it only entailed an interview and having a go at the role. We were informed of the outcome by telephone less than an hour after the end of the process.

Interview Questions

• Give an example of a time you received excellent customer service   Answer Question

Ambient Process Colleague Nights Interview

Application

The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at ASDA in August 2017.

Interview

I applied online and was successful they emailed me a few days later to schedule me for a Asda magic session and I was able to pick what date and time I was available. Went there and 5 of us turned up out of 11. We had an icebreaker which was talk to the person next to you and find out information about them. We then had to introduce each other and we're asked what we would take with us to the moon. It was pretty relaxed. We then had to join teams and make a box for an egg so it doesn't crack from falling from a metre. After that we were taken on the shopfloor and asked to take notes on what we noticed for example what was rescued in the store etc. We came back gave feedback to the manager and then just asked to fill forms for availability. Staff were friendly and we were told we are going to get called or emailed if we are successful for a 1 to 1 interview so I'm waiting on that

Shop Assistant Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at ASDA.

Interview

Applied online, received email inviting me to Asda Magic, that was role play with 15 other people, then called to invite to 1 to 1 interview and then offered job.

Warehouse Worker Interview

Interview

The process took a couple of day. Group interview the first day, assessment and few hours spent in the shoop floor rumbling stuff on the shelves. Very boring occupation totally unrelated to the position I applied for.

Interview Questions

• Group interview with questions totally irrelevant for the position like "if you were an animal, what animal would you like to be?" (There's probably a sort of psychological connection but not in this case and, however, the interviewer didn't look aware of it).   Answer Question

Cashier Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at ASDA (London, England (UK)).

Interview

Got invited to an ASDA magic event and were in a room were asked to partner up and find things out about the person next to us. Then had to do a team building exercise to make the tallest tower. Very informal.