ASDA Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Feb 17, 2017

2.1

Checkout Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in New Ipswich, NH

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at ASDA (New Ipswich, NH) in February 2015.

Interview

Very smooth. Got in touch quickly and with feedback. Applied online and was invited to an "ASDA Magic" session (group interview). Had to undergo an ambiguous task as a group. Was thrn invited back to a 1-to-1 interview which seemed relaxed and I didn't feel under pressure.

Interview Questions

• Explain a time when you had to deal with a difficult customer.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lewis, NY

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at ASDA (Lewis, NY) in January 2013.

Interview

Hiring manager cam forthwith into the room with a series of competency base questions and machinate questions on bakery techniques including the rise height of Hovis brown bread in the oven after 45 min with 2 ounces of yeast. Also to discuss the implications of rising fuel prices in Bwindi Uganda.

Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Pittsburgh, PA

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at ASDA (Pittsburgh, PA) in April 2010.

Interview

Interviewed with 2 managers.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

was not able to negotiate.

Sales Assistant Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at ASDA.

Interview

It was quick and short but quite disorganised. They had too many roles that they were interviewing for, and they didn't know which candidates were the correct ones for which, as there was some problem with HR or something. Also they were running behind schedule as there were other interviewees hanging around when I arrived and left. But nice people.

Personal Shopper Interview

Anonymous Employee in Peterborough, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at ASDA (Peterborough, England (UK)) in February 2017.

Interview

Application is through a simple online process where you fill in some basic information. Afterwards, you are required to take an online questionnaire consisting of 44 single and multiple-choice personality and basic situational questions.

I heard back from ASDA around 1 week after applying online saying that my application was successful, during which call I was invited to one of the "Magic Recruitment Events" the same weekend. I wasn't able to do so and had to postpone it until the week afterwards.

The recruitment event that I attended had around 30 people (quite a lot more of us than normal). When we arrived, we were split into tables of 5 with our name tags on the places we are designated to sit.
    We were first tasked with playing a "Personality Bingo" where we were given some basic personality traits. You have to go around the entire group of the 30 people and make conversation with them, asking them about what's on the card. If we got one person per trait, you win the game.
    After that, your table is given a large stack of straws and is tasked with building a house from them (no glue or sellotape is provided).
    To see how you handle changing situations, everyone is given new rules e.g. you can't include red straws anymore.
    After the construction is complete, the group has to pitch the idea to the everyone.
    During the building process, the HR team will collect proof of right of work and your proof of National Insurance Number to be photocopied.
    That concluded the recruitment session.

I was contacted 2 days after the session at around 12pm to come in for an interview at 4pm the same day. I live close by, so it didn't bother me that much.

You are expected to wear smart attire for the interview.

Once I arrived at the store, I asked at the Customer Help Desk about my interview. They were pretty busy on the day my interview was happening, so I had to wait for about 5 minutes for my interviewer to finish his and collect the necessary paperwork.

The interview was a very simple process. The asking question part of the interview took about 15 minutes in total, after which I was taken down to the shop floor to be shown what I could be doing if I did get the job offer.

The interviewer must have seen something (I couldn't tell you what) in me, but after he took me back to the interview room, he simply told me "I would like to give you a job". After which, we made some small talk and had a bit of a joke about the whole interview.
    We shook hands (a thing you MUST do when someone gives you a job!) and we went our separate ways.

Interview Questions

• Can you think of a situation where you had to take the role of a leader?   Answer Question

Home Shopping Driver Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at ASDA.

Interview

Easy to join, simple online assesment then a interview which was just a induction day, then i had the job, then a few days later in the van and was on my own

Services Colleague Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at ASDA.

Interview

The interview process involved working in groups. One task was to talk to another person and prepare a short presentation describing them. Another task involved being given a picture of a product and then to describe to this to a customer and "promote" it.

Store Assistant Interview

Interview

Rugby scrum we were all in together and there did not seem to be any filtering process- if you were in the room you had a job- with no choice of where you are put within the store..... Managers seemed to want to be your mate rather than be professional

Checkout Operator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at ASDA (London, England (UK)) in January 2017.

Interview

Filled in an online application, had a situational judgement test. Attended Asda magic event (old Kent road London) - which was the biggest joke I've ever experienced, really stupid situation where they assess personality, the loud obnoxious ones always try to outshine everyone and it's difficult to get your bit in edgewise. Personality doesn't determine the kind of worker you are. I will not be applying there again. Don't even bother unless you're an obnoxious loud person.

Bakery Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at ASDA (London, England (UK)) in January 2017.

Interview

Rushed but quite informal. Two panel interview but both young so wasn't a issue for me being older. I think they just needed someone desperately. I know the large stores do a lot of team building exercises at the interviews but mine is a small store so I didn't have to do this

Interview Questions

• Customer service, nearly every question was about this   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation