ASDA Interview Questions | Glassdoor

ASDA Interview Questions

Updated May 24, 2017

2.1

Home Delivery Driver Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at ASDA in August 2013.

Interview

asda magic day insight into the company

Interview Questions

• what type of fruit would you be   1 Answer

good

Shft Manager Interview

Interview

off the wall, competence no barrier to employment

Interview Questions

• Tell me about your most difficult emotional experience   1 Answer

Negotiation

easy straight to top dollar, pay scales are low though, they cannot negotiate, if want you
    put a gun to their heads

Checkout Operator Interview

Interview

asda magic session, volunteer work within the store (usually stock work eg filling shelves/ clearing up) & finally a one to one interview (generally with one of the store managers but could also be with a long term employee)

Interview Questions

• 1) why do you want to work for asda? 2) what can you do for them? 3) why should they hire you? 4) what would you purtchase from the store and why?   1 Answer

Seasonal Employee Interview

Interview

I applied online and was invited to a group selection interview shortly after. the group selection interview was very informal and fun. we had to find out about our partner and introduce them to the group individually, we then were given the task to build something out of balloons, and tell the interviewers how many balloons high it was going to be and also give it a name. I had the ide of building a flower, which our team did and we won the challenge. we were then taken out to the shop floor and told about tasks that colleagues have to do everyday and we had to locate milk and write down what aisle we found it in. after this we went back into the interview room and had to write down which department we would like to work in and what hours we could do. then the interview was over.

a week later I was asked to come back for a one-to-one interview. again this interview was very informal and I was only asked a few questions and it only lasted 5-10 minutes. I was then told that I had been successful and I'd got the job.

some tips for the interview stages - don't be too serious, everyone at asda is really fun and outgoing, don't forget that the interviewers themselves had to go through the same interview as you once, engage in conversation with the interviewer and don't be afraid to ask questions, don't dress too formal the interviews are very laid back, go for smart casual, good luck!

Interview Questions

• have you worked in a customer service based role before?   2 Answers

Negotiation

don't be afraid to ask more questions about the job role like hours etc, asda are very flexible.

Personal Shopper Interview

Interview

Group interview, have to introduce the person next to you ... ask name and why they want to work at asda; and choose a product from a bag and sell to other. Simply interview questions about costumer service.

George Retail and Customer Service Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at ASDA (London, England (UK)) in June 2011.

Interview

A relative enquired about vacancies. I went into the store 2 days later withy resume. I was asked to fill in an application form and return 2 days later for a group interview. We did a couple of team building activities and we had a one on one interview with a manager from each department.

Interview Questions

• How would I provide an excellent level of customer service   Answer Question

Negotiation

I negotiated my contract to become a seasonal colleague

Internship Interview

Interview

The interview processs was rather easy and straight forward with general interview questions. It consisted of a telephone-interview and then a case-related face to face interview. This was slightly harder and you should be well prepared. I got rejected, but I think I could have gone through if I knew more about the company before the interview.

ASDA Colleague Interview

Anonymous Employee in Stanley, East Midlands, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at ASDA (Stanley, East Midlands, England (UK)) in March 2012.

Interview

Very easy,just turn up you will get a job,you go for a magic day which is just a look around the store,then a short interview.Meeting other colleagues and a have a go approach giving you some in-site into what you will be doing.

Interview Questions

• The very basic.... why do you...last job... and that takes about 15 min.   1 Answer

Negotiation

There really isn't one!

Store Assistant Interview

Interview

Rugby scrum we were all in together and there did not seem to be any filtering process- if you were in the room you had a job- with no choice of where you are put within the store..... Managers seemed to want to be your mate rather than be professional

Sales Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bodmin, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at ASDA (Bodmin, England (UK)) in May 2011.

Interview

Asda Magic consisted of about 12 of us in a group interview with four observers. We had numbers on Post-It notes attached to our backs and had to get ourselves in to numerical order without asking anyone what our number was. We then had to work in three groups, discussing how we could make Asda more envinmentally friendly. We had a tour of the store and watched an Asda DVD. The whole thing took about 2 hours. If you were sucessful, you were phoned to come back for the 'Have a Go' which is basically a try out on the shop floor filling shelves etc, for about 3/4 hour and then you get a face-to-face interview with your soon to be Section Manager. I think unless you are a complete dodo you have got the job.

Interview Questions

• What would you change in the store?   1 Answer

Negotiation

THey will always work around you to find the hours that suit you best.