ASDA Interview Questions | Glassdoor

ASDA Interview Questions

Updated Aug 15, 2017

2.1

Delivery Driver Interview

Anonymous Employee in Stevenage, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at ASDA (Stevenage, England (UK)) in January 2015.

Interview

Very sim ple interv iew, asked about re levant exp erience and ap proaches to difficult sit uation. Needed good avai lability to w ork etc. The rest of the interview was more on personality, along with checking any medical reasons for not being able to work/lift equipment etc

Interview Questions

• Where did you see yourself in 5 years time   1 Answer

Checkout Interview

Interview

I originally applied online for a part time checkout job online, 4 weeks later I got a call inviting me to the magic assessment.
    I had never done a group interview before and safe to say I were terrified!
    Was around 2 of us in a room, first we had to find out about the person next to us and then relay what we found out back to the group - easy enough.
    Next we were split into 4 groups and had to design a sweet bar and someone from each group had to explain the concept to the others. (I decided to do this and this probably got me bonus points!)
    The next morning I got a call to come in for a 1 to 1 interview for the same day and was told there and then the only vacancy available was on the deli counter, I still took this as it was better pay than my job now and wanted to get into the company!
    I was then called around 2 hours after and offered the job!
    I worried about nothing, the interview was absolutely fine and not terrifying at all. Be chatty and try to get noticed and you will do fine!
    Looking forward to my welcome day next week.

Home Delivery Driver Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sunderland, North East England, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at ASDA (Sunderland, North East England, England (UK)) in July 2017.

Interview

The process was as follows:

Online application form
    'Magic' Assessment day
    Official interview after experiencing the job first hand.

It was all very relaxed and comfortable, with good staff to make you feel at ease throughout it all.

Interview Questions

• The usual stuff: Tell me a time you've went above and beyond, etc...   Answer Question

Retail Interview

Anonymous Employee in Grimsby, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at ASDA (Grimsby, England (UK)) in November 2016.

Interview

magic interview a group of people with certain tasks we had to do team work and ice-breaker at the start and then shop floor tasks put into two groups and then management where watching and taking notes on our progress, then an individual interview with managers

Shop Assistant Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at ASDA.

Interview

Applied online, received email inviting me to Asda Magic, that was role play with 15 other people, then called to invite to 1 to 1 interview and then offered job.

Store Colleague Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bristol, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at ASDA (Bristol, England (UK)) in April 2016.

Interview

Basic group interview with the same old situational questions and a brief personality quiz. Management running the interview were disinterested, fairly hostile and when they did get remotely involved the questions were slightly intrusive and could have been interpreted as predjudice

Interview Questions

• Can you put stuff on a shelf?   1 Answer

Warehouse Worker Interview

Interview

The process took a couple of day. Group interview the first day, assessment and few hours spent in the shoop floor rumbling stuff on the shelves. Very boring occupation totally unrelated to the position I applied for.

Interview Questions

• Group interview with questions totally irrelevant for the position like "if you were an animal, what animal would you like to be?" (There's probably a sort of psychological connection but not in this case and, however, the interviewer didn't look aware of it).   Answer Question

Bakery Team Member Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at ASDA in July 2017.

Interview

did the aptitude test online.A couple of days later received a phone call inviting me to a group assessment (magic). The following week i attended the magic session with 12 other candidates, myself being the only male.We were split into groups of four and were given a task of introducing the person next to us after finding out four facts about them.This was informal and a nice icebreaker.Our next task was to pick an item out of a bag and sell it to the group.We did a sort of jingle advertising breakfast snacks.It wasn't nerve racking but quite fun.Just be yourself and show your personality.The only real downer in my situation was after all this the HR person said that the jobs that we had applied for weren't actually available only a couple of bakery roles(no pun) and a drivers job.This seems very unfair for most candidates who applied for personal shopper roles.After this bombshell we were asked to filling a form of medical history and shift/job preferences..The whole process in our case lasted about one hour.We were told that we would get informed within a couple of days if we had been successful or not.About an hour after i arrived home a produce manager called me and asked me if i would like to work in the bakery and to come in two days later for " a chat" and to see if it was something i would like to do.He said due to his shift pattern he wouldn't have chance to show me around the department but i could return the following morning for a tour and to give my decision,although at this time he hadn't actually offered me the job as such...

General Assistant Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at ASDA in July 2017.

Interview

Online assessment about general store tasks, they also take your details e.g. National insurance number, date of birth etc. Asda magic/group interview involves typical group tasks. Then one to one interview and 'have a go' session on shop floor.

Anonymous Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at ASDA (London, England (UK)) in July 2017.

Interview

I applied for the role online - this included completing online tests too. I heard back in like two weeks via email inviting me too an 'Asda Magic Assessment'. This was a group of about 15 people. It lasted the whole day from 11-3. Consisting of two presentations one individual and one group.

Interview Questions

• Icebreaker - talk to the person next to you for 5 minutes and find out as many things as possible about them - present this back to the group   Answer Question
    • Group exercise - we were given a product and in our groups we had to try and advertise this to the managers   Answer Question
    • Have a go - completing tasks around the store   Answer Question
    • What are your short term and long term goals   Answer Question