ASDA Interview Questions | Glassdoor

ASDA Interview Questions

Updated Mar 19, 2017

2.1

Home Shopping Driver Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at ASDA.

Interview

Easy to join, simple online assesment then a interview which was just a induction day, then i had the job, then a few days later in the van and was on my own

Services Colleague Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at ASDA.

Interview

The interview process involved working in groups. One task was to talk to another person and prepare a short presentation describing them. Another task involved being given a picture of a product and then to describe to this to a customer and "promote" it.

Store Assistant Interview

Interview

Rugby scrum we were all in together and there did not seem to be any filtering process- if you were in the room you had a job- with no choice of where you are put within the store..... Managers seemed to want to be your mate rather than be professional

Checkout Operator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at ASDA (London, England (UK)) in January 2017.

Interview

Filled in an online application, had a situational judgement test. Attended Asda magic event (old Kent road London) - which was the biggest joke I've ever experienced, really stupid situation where they assess personality, the loud obnoxious ones always try to outshine everyone and it's difficult to get your bit in edgewise. Personality doesn't determine the kind of worker you are. I will not be applying there again. Don't even bother unless you're an obnoxious loud person.

Bakery Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at ASDA (London, England (UK)) in January 2017.

Interview

Rushed but quite informal. Two panel interview but both young so wasn't a issue for me being older. I think they just needed someone desperately. I know the large stores do a lot of team building exercises at the interviews but mine is a small store so I didn't have to do this

Interview Questions

• Customer service, nearly every question was about this   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation

Customer Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Coventry, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at ASDA (Coventry, England (UK)).

Interview

Online application
    Assessment centre called asda magic - this was an interview with standard interview questions type tell me about a time when.... questions were customer service related obviously.
    Later I have a quickey go to have a look how does it go on the shopfloor and get familiar with facilities.
    I've left the store in around 1.5h that included interview and showing around the storest.
    I got an offer after 3 days confirming the hours I can work.
    General experience of interview and first weeks of work is good.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you provided a great customer service
      How would you treat a customer that is rude to you
      Answer Question

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at ASDA.

Interview

Long and drawn out process which seemed more like ticking the boxes for senior managment than a process designed to get the best candidates. asda magic, interview with 2 "managers", an online test for drivers.

Interview Questions

• give me an example of dealing with a difficult colleague   Answer Question

Shop Floor Assistant Interview

Interview

Online application followed by 'magic' assessment centre and lastly a face to face interview. The online application was very straightforward, including standard questions such as why Asda in addition to information regarding past experiences and interests/hobbies. I was then invited to the magic centre which assessed your ability to work as part of a team and social skills. Lastly a face to face interview took place which included standard competency questions.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at ASDA.

Interview

Had to fill in an online situational judgement questionnaire, selecting what option I was "most likely" to do and the one I was "least likely" to do. Was things like what would you do if a customer approached you and you're busy, etc. Was invited to attend an "Asda magic" session, wasn't told the time so I had to ring up and ask them. When I eventually got through to them they said they'd ring me back and they did, very quickly. Actual event was teambuilding- group of about 20 which they said was the largest they'd had this season. Given name badges and played "people bingo", we were given statements like "I am a cat person" and had to ask people if that statement was true for them, if it was we had to cross out that statement and write their name. Then we were given a list of fundraising activities and asked to decide in groups what asda should do this year, after 10 minutes someone had to stand up from each group and say your ideas- I didn't volunteer for this and maybe I should have! Then we were split into two groups and had to go around the shop floor and identify which products were being promoted for Christmas, how they were being promoted and how they could better be promoted. Again one person had to feedback to the other group. We then to fill in flexibility questionnaires saying when we could work and if we had any holidays booked in the next 12 months. We were told if we'd been successful we'd recieve a call back to go for a 1:1 interview and trial shift- I haven't yet so imagine I haven't been successful, possibly due to not volunteering myself to feedback on behalf of the group etc- so I would say definitely volunteer yourself for things if you want the job!

One thing we were told is if you're applying near Christmas, you're guaranteed hours for Christmas but not after Christmas (even if you apply for a "permanent job") but you're kept on record and if they need people they'll ask you in.

EDIT: Got called back for a 1:1 interview and "have a go". Interview very short and sweet, but be prepared.

Interview Questions

• How can Asda better promote Christmas products better? Fundraising ideas for this year? How does asda keep costs low (for the business?)   Answer Question

Porter Interview

Interview

Applied for job and they phoned me back to go in for a group interview. It was pretty relaxed for the most part, we had to make something from balloons and tape and after that we had a walk around. Heard back a few days later went in for a 1 on 1 also pretty simple and got the job after that. Throughout the process just seem as involved and outgoing as possible and you will be fine, absolutely nothing to nervous about.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

None