ASDA Sales Assistant Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jun 26, 2017

2.3

20 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Sales Assistant Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at ASDA.

Interview

It was quick and short but quite disorganised. They had too many roles that they were interviewing for, and they didn't know which candidates were the correct ones for which, as there was some problem with HR or something. Also they were running behind schedule as there were other interviewees hanging around when I arrived and left. But nice people.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for ASDA

Sales Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Edmonton, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at ASDA (Edmonton, England (UK)) in November 2016.

Interview

Applied online, took around two or so weeks.
    Invited to an Asda Magic interview in Edmonton. I didn't get the offer but the overall experience was pleasant- everyone was lovely. I was invited back for an informal interview, but wasn't contact back after that, apart from an email. I reckon it was because I lived basically an hour away and some shifts were early. Also I'm still in school.

Interview Questions

• How would you help a customer that doesn't quite understand you?   Answer Question

Sales Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Huddersfield, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at ASDA (Huddersfield, England (UK)) in October 2016.

Interview

Really nice chatty interview asked about my time at M&S and asked questions such as give me a situation where you worked with someone you didn't get along with and how are you with pace when it gets busy in store

Interview Questions

• Explain a situation where you didn't get along with the person you was working with   Answer Question

Sales Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Oadby, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at ASDA (Oadby, England (UK)) in October 2016.

Interview

I applied online. 3 weeks later I got an email inviting me to this 'Magic Assessment'. It said that well will have a group 'get to know' session and also a group exercise and then a tour of the building, half an hour or so to have a go at the job in the store and finally have an interview. But when I went there what actually happened was that there was six of us and from us six one didn't have the relevant proof and another couldn't commit to the hours (the interviewer asked us before we went in for the interview). So it was just four of us before the interview even began. This gave me a greater chance of getting the job and I gained more confidence.

There was one person that was instigating the whole thing and there were two other colleagues that were tasked to assess and mark our behaviour and how well we fare in this whole process.
    There was a brief welcome then a get to know session and then the tour of the place. There was no group exercise and neither did my interview happen on the same day and neither did I get to have a go at the job. However, everything that did happen that day was easy. We were told that experience isn't key but to have a good, bubbly, helpful and polite personality and attitude was key. So just behave like that when you go.

Anyway, I got asked to come for an interview the same day for after two days . The interview was very informal and I was asked a few mandatory questions and then we discussed working hours. I was then asked to come and have a go for three hours at my job in two days time.
    I went and had a go and then I got offered a position to which I accepted.
    Overall everything should happened in one day but took 6 days.
    Staff were very kind and everything was very easy. But I was getting very scared for all this and from what I've heard it actually varies from store to store how they do everything.
    Just be kind and polite and confident.

Finally I got invited two weeks later for my 'Best Welcome' which is their way of saying introduction day. It was a Saturday from 9am-4pm with a half hour break. The whole days was to explain about ASDA; history, policies etc. Very boring, but the good thing is that you get paid for it.

Interview Questions

• If a colleague was caught working against the policies of ASDA, what would you do?   Answer Question
    • How would you describe excellent customer service?   Answer Question
    • Why do you want to work for ASDA?   Answer Question
    • Name a time when you gave exceptional customer service?   Answer Question

Sales Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at ASDA (London, England (UK)) in September 2016.

Interview

Applied online, took 2 weeks to get in touch got invited to an asda magic session. asked to come up with a group name and was given newspaper and was told to make a structure higher than 2 meters

Sales Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Slough, Berkshire, South East England, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at ASDA (Slough, Berkshire, South East England, England (UK)) in January 2016.

Interview

As you go in for your interview you are asked to wait by customer service until someone arrives to take everyone upstairs.We were then asked to be seated onto tables and to fill out a form with your availability and personal details, after you're then placed into groups to build an object to see how confident you are in working with others and how effectively you can perform.

Sales Assistant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at ASDA in November 2015.

Interview

The first stage was an online application, leading to three online tests. Verbal, Maths, and Reasoning. The next step was getting invited to an Asda Magic event; there were not many of us attending, so we skipped straight to 1-to-1 interviews. These interviews were relatively casual and conversational, and are a great opportunity to showcase your personality, as that is what Asda is looking for; excellent customer service. The next day I received a call with a job offer.

Interview Questions

• A time where you delivered great customer service?   1 Answer

Sales Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Peterborough, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at ASDA (Peterborough, England (UK)) in September 2015.

Interview

I applied online, I filled out a detailed questionnaire and was then invited to a group selection in local store.
    Group selection process, testing team skills by getting us to compete building things with balloons and straws. This part was fun, I enjoy working as a team and am quite competitive.
    Then a 1 to 1 interview with the store manager.

Interview Questions

• The one to one interview was mainly to be sure I could do the hours and discuss flexibility.   1 Answer

Sales Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Omagh, Northern Ireland (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at ASDA (Omagh, Northern Ireland (UK)).

Interview

This interview was my first ever interview. I was scared going into it although the person taking it was so friendly which helped calm my nerves. This really helped me settle before the informal interview. The interview was more about getting to know me and my opinions more so than formal questions. I found the person taking the interview easy to talk to which really helped.

Interview Questions

• How has someone helped you in the store previously?   1 Answer

Sales Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at ASDA (London, England (UK)) in April 2015.

Interview

Was quick easy process, about 2 weeks from submitting application to getting the job. The interview was pretty straight forward they asked general behavioural and team working questions. I would recommend having a couple of examples as they asked me the same sort of questions a couple of times however overall was a positive experience