ASDA Sales Assistant Interview Questions | Glassdoor

ASDA Sales Assistant Interview Questions

Updated Apr 4, 2017

2.3

Sales Assistant Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at ASDA.

Interview

It was quick and short but quite disorganised. They had too many roles that they were interviewing for, and they didn't know which candidates were the correct ones for which, as there was some problem with HR or something. Also they were running behind schedule as there were other interviewees hanging around when I arrived and left. But nice people.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for ASDA

Sales Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Edmonton, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at ASDA (Edmonton, England (UK)) in November 2016.

Interview

Applied online, took around two or so weeks.
    Invited to an Asda Magic interview in Edmonton. I didn't get the offer but the overall experience was pleasant- everyone was lovely. I was invited back for an informal interview, but wasn't contact back after that, apart from an email. I reckon it was because I lived basically an hour away and some shifts were early. Also I'm still in school.

Interview Questions

• How would you help a customer that doesn't quite understand you?   Answer Question

Sales Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Huddersfield, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at ASDA (Huddersfield, England (UK)) in October 2016.

Interview

Really nice chatty interview asked about my time at M&S and asked questions such as give me a situation where you worked with someone you didn't get along with and how are you with pace when it gets busy in store

Interview Questions

• Explain a situation where you didn't get along with the person you was working with   Answer Question

Sales Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at ASDA (London, England (UK)) in September 2016.

Interview

Applied online, took 2 weeks to get in touch got invited to an asda magic session. asked to come up with a group name and was given newspaper and was told to make a structure higher than 2 meters

Sales Assistant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at ASDA in November 2015.

Interview

The first stage was an online application, leading to three online tests. Verbal, Maths, and Reasoning. The next step was getting invited to an Asda Magic event; there were not many of us attending, so we skipped straight to 1-to-1 interviews. These interviews were relatively casual and conversational, and are a great opportunity to showcase your personality, as that is what Asda is looking for; excellent customer service. The next day I received a call with a job offer.

Interview Questions

• A time where you delivered great customer service?   1 Answer

Sales Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Peterborough, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at ASDA (Peterborough, England (UK)) in September 2015.

Interview

I applied online, I filled out a detailed questionnaire and was then invited to a group selection in local store.
    Group selection process, testing team skills by getting us to compete building things with balloons and straws. This part was fun, I enjoy working as a team and am quite competitive.
    Then a 1 to 1 interview with the store manager.

Interview Questions

• The one to one interview was mainly to be sure I could do the hours and discuss flexibility.   1 Answer

Sales Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Omagh, Northern Ireland (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at ASDA (Omagh, Northern Ireland (UK)).

Interview

This interview was my first ever interview. I was scared going into it although the person taking it was so friendly which helped calm my nerves. This really helped me settle before the informal interview. The interview was more about getting to know me and my opinions more so than formal questions. I found the person taking the interview easy to talk to which really helped.

Interview Questions

• How has someone helped you in the store previously?   1 Answer

Sales Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at ASDA (London, England (UK)) in April 2015.

Interview

Was quick easy process, about 2 weeks from submitting application to getting the job. The interview was pretty straight forward they asked general behavioural and team working questions. I would recommend having a couple of examples as they asked me the same sort of questions a couple of times however overall was a positive experience

Sales Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at ASDA (London, England (UK)) in December 2013.

Interview

Had a call for an ASDA Magic session the next day. ASDA Magic session consisted of working in groups, creating an AD based on the company. Selling a product for the company in group. Getting another person say things about you to the everyone in the room. Given a tour of store e.g. where everything is. Had a short one to one interview at the end of the day.

Sales Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Newham, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at ASDA (Newham, England (UK)) in October 2013.

Interview

Online Application with a few of the usual competency based questions. This was followed by a phone interview where a face to face interview was organised. Face to face interview included tour of the store plus learning about core values of the company and a questionnaire. After which some questions were asked.

Interview Questions

• Do you have any suggestions on how we could save energy?   Answer Question