ASDA Interview Questions in United Kingdom | Glassdoor

ASDA Interview Questions in United Kingdom

Updated May 26, 2017

2.1

Asda Process Colleague Interview

Anonymous Employee in Manchester, England (UK)

Application

I applied through other source. The process took a week. I interviewed at ASDA (Manchester, England (UK)).

Interview

application form followed by
    then a group interview involving tasks to see what you are like working as a team
    then a 1 on 1 interview asking about situations you might be in
    then phone call if you get the job

Interview Questions

• what would u do if there was a problem   1 Answer

Negotiation

Personal Shopper Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at ASDA.

Interview

Applied online. Application was long and there were some scenario questions to answer. Recieved a phone call a week later inviting me to an interview. Interview was relaxed. Heard back two days later to say I had got the job

Checkout Operator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dunfermline, Scotland (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at ASDA (Dunfermline, Scotland (UK)).

Interview

I initially attended the asda magic assessment which consisted of three different parts. The first part was getting your name badge and picking your favourite flower, in which the group (there were 11 of us) had to organise themselves alphabetically according to the flower. You then got paired with the person next to you and we got three questions; whats your favourite thing about spring, why asda and why you chose that flower. You were being watched by the employees so it's important that you make conversation with your partner! The second part was being put into groups and we had to make a container to stop an egg from cracking while sticking to a budget for the objects we used. Our team lost but the most important thing is showing that you can adapt to working in a group - so make sure you contribute! Lastly we got paired up and had to walk around the store and then went back into the room and say what was good about their seasonal display.
    This part was so chilled out, just make sure you show that you're friendly!

I got a call 2 days later to say I passed the first part and had my interview exactly one week after the magic assessment.

The interview was fairly simple. The actual interview section lasted about 15-20 minutes and they ask questions suited to your experience, so don't worry too much! Just make sure you're prepared and enthusiastic. After the questions I was shown around the shop floor and then helped pack bags on the checkouts for about 10 minutes. It was once again really relaxed, I think they mostly are looking for someone who is good with customers and approachable!

Interview Questions

• When is a time you've received really good customer service   1 Answer
    • A scenario about a customer not being able to find a specific product they always bought   1 Answer
    • When have you worked well in a team   Answer Question
    • When have you given excellent customer service   Answer Question
    • How do you think asda keeps their prices so low   1 Answer

ASDA Colleague Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at ASDA.

Interview

Applied online. Had to do a long but easy questionnaire. After 2 weeks got an email that my application was unsuccessful. Then got a call 2 days later asking if I was still interested to come for a group interview "Asda magic" which was 3 days after the day I got the call. I agreed to attend.

At the group interview there were 8 people other than me and two people were absent(2 empty seats with name badges). There were 3 rounds. First one was to introduce ourselves to the person sitting next to you and introduce them to the group. They gave us 3 questions to discuss i)what's your name? ii)why do you want to work for Asda iii)what matters the most to you in the world and why?

In second round, we were divided into two groups and we had to was make a tower of balloons, and they judge you on how you work in a team etc

In Third round, we were given a tour of the stock room and left us on the floor to act as shop assistant for 15 minutes.

Then we given forms to fill about our availability and preferred departments and uniform sizes. And said we would hear from them next week if we were successful in this interview. Got an email and call 2 days later saying I wasn't successful. Got a feedback too.

Checkout Operator Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at ASDA.

Interview

I applied online, got call next day asking me to attend a group interview. I went for a checkout vacancy. The group interview was with 4 others. We had to break in to 2 groups tell each other about ourselves for about four minutes, name, age, family etc and the person next to you had to then relay this back to the Asda employee. To see what we could remember. We were asked why we wanted to work for Asda. (my answer was it's a good company, good prospect of promotion, believe in the brand of Asda/Walmart, I want to be part of a team with a can do attitude etc) Then we had to build a balloon tower from Sellotape and balloons with in 7 minutes. We had to nominate a Capitan and name the tower. I was nominated as captain and I came up with the name "Rainbow tower" lots of different coloured balloons. I found it important to push yourself forward and be outgoing even though I'm normally quite shy I had read on here before they like outgoing people which is very true. We then filled out our availability. And gave right to work documents. Then we were called for private interviews. I was first from the group. In the private interview I was asked general interview questions about myself, work history.. Just be yourself and honest. The manager told me she would ring me asap. I then left. I got a call with 3 hours from leaving offering me a position. I am thrilled and looking forward to working for a wonderful company. If you are reading this than I wish you good luck with your interview

Interview Questions

• What do you think we look for in our staff   1 Answer

Asda Graduate Scheme Interview

Anonymous Employee in Stockton-on-Tees, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at ASDA (Stockton-on-Tees, England (UK)) in April 2017.

Interview

The process of the application is quite long. You apply online then a few good weeks later you find out whether you've been successful for a video interview. If you have then you have 5-7 days to complete this. The video interview is a recorder one so there is not anyone on the receiving end. There are 6 questions to answer which you have 1 minute to read and 1 minute to answer. The best way to prepare for this, or how I prepared was by searching as many interview questions as I could and writing my own answers to them which I then thoroughly revised. You should use the STAR technique. The face to face interview is part of an assessment centre.

Interview Questions

• What's your proudest achievement?   Answer Question
    • How would you manage a larder team? If there were issues what steps would you take to solve them?   1 Answer
    • Why have you chose to apply for this role?   1 Answer
    • What is your employment experience?   1 Answer
    • Name a time when you've dealt with a complaining customer and how did you solve this?   1 Answer

COUNTER SALES Interview

Anonymous Employee in Newport, Newport, Wales (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at ASDA (Newport, Newport, Wales (UK)) in April 2017.

Interview

Very easy & informal process. A group interview first followed by a phone call for a one to one interview. Really relaxed group with a few questions and a group challenge

Interview Questions

• what would you do to minimise cost to the business   1 Answer

Shop Floor Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Sittingbourne, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at ASDA (Sittingbourne, England (UK)) in March 2017.

Interview

Magic Event. Interview Assessment day: We all assembled in the training room & after handing in our 'right to work' documents & writing our names on a card we were assigned to find out information about the person next to us to then inform the rest of the group, rather than just introduce ourselves. Questions included personal information, why they wanted to work for Asda, hobbies & interests & if they were sent to a desert island, who they would take with them.
    We were then split into groups and given an item to prepare a jingle for. Extra points for singing. : ) We all then had to complete a form to inform them what departments we were and were not interested in working in. What times and days,we were available to work and what was our prefered department. Also, incase we were chosen we filled in a uniform size form.
    Then, in our groups, we were given 3 items to go and look for on the shop floor. We just had to write down the aisle we found it in and it's price.
    The session lasted 1 and a half hours. It didn't include a short interview or a 'have a go session' as they had had a big response & there were 5 sessions taking place on this day.
    If successful, we would be called back for an interview & a 'have a go' session in a few days. Or receive an e-mail to say we were successful, but would be put on a waiting list for 6 months until something suitable arises, or to say we hadn't been successful.

Interview Questions

• Why choose Asda to work for.   1 Answer

Ambient Colleague Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at ASDA in March 2017.

Interview

Applied online, did the questionnaire and got an email asking to come to a "Magic Assessment" a few days later.

There were three exercises...
    1. Find out more about the person sitting next to you, then tell the group.
    2. Build a tower out of dried spaghetti and marshmallows in groups of three.
    3. Build a castle out of balloons in a different group of three.

It was quite relaxed, and I found it easy to talk to everyone, it wasn't really like a standard interview. However, I heard the next day that I was unsuccessful. Not sure why, but maybe they were looking for a certain type of people, and I wasn't it.

Seasonal Colleague Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at ASDA in March 2017.

Interview

2 interview on different days
    First was group interview had to line each other up
    By date of birth without speaking, then had introduce one another, then a bingo kind of game, then in a group pick 2 products from store with maximum spending limit and advertise to everybody.
    Got a call next week saying that I'm invited to a second Interview and that was on my own and I did some rumbling and then got a taken to a room where I got questions asked and then i got a call saying I got the job.