ASI Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at ASI

2.7

Claims Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at ASI (New York, NY).

Interview

Initial screening interview with HR rep was very positive. Upbeat and inspiring selling the company as the next best to Disneyland. I was lead to believe I was shoe in and given my qualifications (CPCU/JD/25 YRS) ONE WOULD. THINK I might just handle the job sleeping. Pass a schizophrenic personality test and the a 2nd grade level assessment proctured. Clearly warrented for a highly educated person. Mmm. Then out of the blue like many folks on this site the impersonal email stating yu r sol comes? Age? Overqualified? Gee have the professionalism to tell folks a reason after that far in the process. Anyway glad not to pursue as this site reveals. Thank yu glassdoor

Interview Questions

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at ASI in May 2010.

Interview

First there is a phone interview, then you are given a personality test after that you are then called in for a face to face interview and then if you are granted to position you will be sent for a drug test.

Underwriter Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Petersburg, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at ASI (Saint Petersburg, FL) in February 2017.

Interview

Recorded phone Interview with HR rep who is extremely nice. I'm not too sure what ASI is looking for but basses off the reviews on Glassdoor you're missing out on a lot of great potential employees . Please revamp your interview process.

Interview Questions

• What Peaked my interest
      What type of team do I like to work with
      Salary requirements ( salary is low compared to average salary for this position)
      Job history
      What would make me stay with the company   Answer Question

Underwriter Trainee Interview

Anonymous Employee in Saint Petersburg, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at ASI (Saint Petersburg, FL) in June 2018.

Interview

Applied online, received an email about scheduling a phone screening shortly after. Had the phone screening and within a few days I was sent a personality test. After that I had a proctored cognitive test which consisted for 4 sections. Took about 30 minutes (if that) to complete. Because of the holiday weekend (Memorial Day) it took about a week or so to hear whether or not I was going to move on. I received a phone call about scheduling a webex interview (applied from out of state), as they would not pay for me to come down to interview. The webex interview went smoothly as it was their first time doing it. That final interview was about an hour long with both the team lead and the overall underwriter manager. The first half of the interview was them asking me questions then the roles reversed for the 2nd half.

Underwriter Trainee Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Petersburg, FL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at ASI (Saint Petersburg, FL).

Interview

phone interview w/ hr rep (which was recorded), online personality test (roughly 70 or so questions gauged to reveal your preferences and proclivities), onsite skills profile (25 min, testing four areas: math, vocabulary, etc), onsite interview w/ manager and team lead...

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself.
      What do you know about ASI?
      Why do you want to be here?
      What do you look for in a leader?
      What are your strengths?
      What are your weaknesses?   Answer Question

Assistant Product Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Saint Petersburg, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at ASI (Saint Petersburg, FL) in May 2016.

Interview

> Resume online (had worked at a another insurance company in similar role)
    > First round interview phone call with HR (scripted and recorded)
    > Online personality test
    > Aptitude test (at a testing site)
    > Second round interview with hiring manager
    > In-person meeting with hiring manager and other team members
    > Offer call
    > Background and drug test
    > Start date

Interview Questions

• So tell me a bit about yourself... (open ended questions)   1 Answer

Junior Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at ASI in July 2016.

Interview

5 Step Interview Process.

1. Phone Interview with HR person. .
    2. Online personality test.
    3. Proctored test at a testing center
    4. Media interview (like Skype)
    5. In-person interview? (not sure)

Normal questions in the phone interview - it was recorded. I thought it was funny that the very first question was "do you smoke?" - makes sense that an insurance company would care about that though. I did not make it past step 1 :p. Seemed like a nice place to work.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about a time you went above and beyond what was expected.   Answer Question

Junior Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at ASI in June 2016.

Interview

I submitted a resume (20+ years IT experience) and was contacted 2 weeks later to schedule a pre-interview a week later. A week later comes and the HR person calls 20 minutes late, apologizes and then we have what I thought was a great interview, she liked the way I answered the questions, said she liked my thought process and said I am going to get you in for a face to face with the department because its expanding rapidly. " I have to send you the benefits your going to love this place", and you need to take this one personality test that was developed just for us (hate to tell you but I have taken that same test 2 other times already for other companies). She tells me to use gut instinct, should not take long. Wham bam next morning. "Unfortunately, we have decided to pursue other candidates who appear to match our requirements more closely at this time."

Interview Questions

• Do you smoke, we test for smoking in our drug screening.   Answer Question

Junior Business Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at ASI.

Interview

I had applied for this position online. I got a call in a week inviting me for a phone interview. The initial phone interview went for 30 mins and was mainly concentrated on my resume. The same day I was invited to take an online assessment test that contained about 108 questions that were based on scenarios. The next day a technical person from the team emailed me inviting me for another round of phone interview. This round was little technical concentrating on the technical requirements for the job description (SQL,QlikView). I was told in a week that I cleared this round and I had to take a proctored online test in a testing center in my city. I did not hear from the company after for about a week and finally they sent a reject email. Something that I did not appreciate was the proctored test. Having an advanced degree and already attempting previous aptitude and quantitative exams, this was something which was really not required.

Field Claims Adjuster Interview

Interview

I applied online and received a call from the company recruiter, she scheduled an appointment for a phone interview. The phone interview went very well and I was sent on to the next step, an online personality question aire. Almost immediately upon submitting the questionaire I received an email stating that I was no longer being considered for the position.