ASICS Digital (formerly Runkeeper) Interview Questions | Glassdoor

ASICS Digital (formerly Runkeeper) Interview Questions

Interviews at ASICS Digital (formerly Runkeeper)

2.6

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at ASICS Digital (formerly Runkeeper) (Boston, MA) in October 2016.

Interview

I had a really great first round phone interview that lasted about 30 minutes. The questions were slightly technical but easy. What happened afterwards was a complete mess. I loved this company -- I truly did -- however, 2 of our upcoming second round interviews were cancelled consecutively by the team to be rescheduled. That took about 5 weeks -- to get a second call -- from initially positive feedback. The call with them seemed "predetermined" so that he would not be blamed for the 5 week slack.

Interview Questions

• Can you explain the use of fragments?   1 Answer

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at ASICS Digital (formerly Runkeeper) (Boston, MA) in March 2017.

Interview

Brief phone interview - Found out a week later that I didn't pass the phone screen. Not sure what they were looking for that I didn't have. Got good offers for similar internships for other sized companies.

Marketing Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at ASICS Digital (formerly Runkeeper).

Interview

I was very surprised at how unpleasant my interviewer was, especially from a company that seemed so positive and culture-oriented. The interviewer was ten minutes late and offered no apology. I was given no outline of the call's format nor a description of the position - relatively standard protocol IMO. She just jumped right in with a script of questions.

At a few points, I asked for clarification on questions because they were just too broad and clunky. I got really thrown off when the interviewer actually scoffed at me and answered in a painfully condescending tone. About 20 minutes in, I was praying for the end so that I could forget about this company and apply to somewhere more worth my while.

Not sure if this is the company's technique for interviewing candidates, but it really left a bad taste in my mouth about the company overall.

Technology Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at ASICS Digital (formerly Runkeeper) (New York, NY).

Interview

Initial couple of rounds telephonic was good. Then onsite intvw with 5 diff team members. All went good. Then followed up 3 times no answers. Company is small and their team doesnt know to handle jobseekers. They should know the fact that they have to reject few candidates before offering someone else a job. Totally unprofessional to not convey the outcome of intvw process. Jobseekers are not beggers. Respect them and maintain some dignity.

Interview Questions

ASICS Digital (formerly Runkeeper) Response

Mar 13, 2019

We truly appreciate you taking the time to give us your feedback. We're sorry to hear that we haven't been able to connect after your interview. Since then we've grown our recruiting team to ensure... More

Senior Data Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at ASICS Digital (formerly Runkeeper).

Interview

I applied online and an recruiter set up an interview. After I am ready for the interview, sat down and waiting for the call, the HR just sent a cancel note saying won't move forward with H1b candicates right at the time that we should start the call. They have a bad reputation on interview process as people can see here. I think this is rude and unresponsible, at least they should tell people in advance or call to apologize a little bit, not just cancel the event on Calendar! Such a bad experience with them.

ASICS Digital (formerly Runkeeper) Response

Mar 13, 2019

We believe in having an open and transparent recruiting proccess that is catered to the candidate and are very sorry to hear that this wasn't applied here. We truly appreciate you taking the time to... More

Data Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at ASICS Digital (formerly Runkeeper) in March 2017.

Interview

Applied online and got an interview with Julia Wu, the Growth Marketing Manager. She talked casually with you. Asked some behavior questions and your past experience based on your resume. But I did not got the offer after I prepared much, although she said the interview went really, really well. Now I know she was just being polite. I am confused that I do not know what she was looking for from a candidate. Sad.

Interview Questions

• How was your school?
      What do you see yourself in 10 years?
      What did you do on your last internship?   Answer Question

Data Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at ASICS Digital (formerly Runkeeper) (Boston, MA) in October 2016.

Interview

First, I had a 30 minute phone interview with the recruiter where we went over my background and she asked me a few questions about some of the projects I've worked on. After that, I had another 30 minute phone interview with the hiring manager. He had a few questions about my experience and then we walked through a case analysis which was actually pretty interesting. Up until this point, things are going really well and everyone I've spoken to has been really friendly. It was the third round of interviews that sucked.

The third round was via Google Hangouts (which was super convenient) and consisted of meeting six people over four hours. It was four hours of back to back case analyses with no breaks. I wasn't expecting this (I only got the agenda 5 minutes after the interview had started), so I had no idea what to expect and didn't mentally prepare to be working through complex problems for four hours straight. The thing that really stood out to me was how rude some of the interviewers were. One of the first interviewers that I spoke with looked absolutely disgusted by my answers and I could tell she wasn't thrilled with me so I knew early on I wasn't getting the job. My last interviewer from the marketing department asked poorly phrased questions and then got snippy when I asked her to clarify or she would abruptly cut me off because I wasn't answering the question I thought she had asked. She had this air of condescension to her and was rather unpleasant.

I'm not sure if this is just the nature of start-ups but I feel like their job description was sorely misleading. The job asks for 1-3 years of experience which sounds fairly entry-level to me, but through the course of interviewing, it sounded like they needed someone which much more experience. We could've saved each other time, if their ad did a better job of explaining what they needed.

Overall, this was the worst interview I've ever been on. Four out of the six people I spoke with were delightful and seemed like they would be great to work with but the other two were so rude that it left a bad taste in my mouth. This does seem like a good company to work at though.

User Experience Designer Interview

Interview

The beginning of the process was pleasant - a theme similar to the other interviews listed below. Things changed once I got to the design test. I tried to ask questions in order to produce an acceptable result. I submitted a design that I thought was passable - only to hear radio silence. I checked in with the recruiter, only to eventually follow up with someone else because I was still not receiving any answers. It was only when I contacted a second person that the first recruiter responded - in a rather unpleasant manner - that my design was not up to their standards. They gave me some feedback - one of the points being something I had asked on early in the process. I got the impression they wanted me to re-design one of their screens using their *exact* standards - which is essentially spec-work. I think it's unfair to ask someone - without proper knowledge of the app/design system - to do this kind of test.. Especially if they a aren't going to offer pay compensation.

Since I've been seeing the same positions listed over and over again, I'm going to have to assume that: 1) other people have "failed" the test 2) that they don't know what they're looking for or 3) their standards are incredibly high. In any case, I would suggest others to look elsewhere.

Interview Questions

• Re-design one of their existing mobile application screens   Answer Question

Product Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at ASICS Digital (formerly Runkeeper).

Interview

HR reached out to me to schedule a call after I had submitted my resume online. At the beginning of the call, HR did not outline the format of the call or give an introduction about the position. She started asking questions right away about my previous experience and often followed up with condescending remarks like, oh you don't have experience with X (instead of just asking if I did have experience in that area). Since she did not offer ANY information regarding the position or team throughout the call, I asked her a few questions regarding the position in the remaining five minutes of the call. She began every answer with, "as the job description says" and proceeded to recite the job description in an exasperated tone. I thought it was unprofessional and unhelpful, as I obviously had already read the job description before our call. The overall HR screen was very unprofessional and done in a condescending manner. The overall call seemed very scripted and gave me little information regarding the job. It left a very negative expression for me for the type of employees at the company.

Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at ASICS Digital (formerly Runkeeper) (Boston, MA) in February 2018.

Interview

The start of the process was very pleasant and moved quickly. I applied online, two days later participated in a screen interview, and two days after that was invited to participate in a phone interview with the hiring manager. After sending my availability, I did not receive a response back. I followed up two additional times. One month later, I received a response apologizing and letting me know they were still interested in furthering the conversation. It was another two weeks before I heard back from them again to finally schedule the second round interview. It then took another two weeks schedule a three-hour in person interview. Everyone I spoke with was very pleasant, the timeline was just frustrating and I was left wondering if they were ever really interested in me as a candidate and/or if they were serious about filling the role.

Interview Questions

• Tell me what you know about us and what you understand about the role.   Answer Question