ASICS Digital (formerly Runkeeper) Interview Questions | Glassdoor

ASICS Digital (formerly Runkeeper) Interview Questions

Interviews at ASICS Digital (formerly Runkeeper)

2.7

People Ops Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at ASICS Digital (formerly Runkeeper) (New York, NY).

Interview

I received a request for a phone interview pretty quickly after submitting my application. I was excited to have 30 mins with the recruiter and couldnt wait to talk to her. She called me 5 mins late and laid the ground work that she would be cutting me off 25 mins later as she had other interviews to get to. Already not off to a good start. The call went for the next 15-20 mins, of which I talked quite a bit about my experience and could sense the disinterest from the recruiter as she didnt chime in to ask questions and never even gave a little whisper that she was still following along. I paused a few times and asked her a question to make sure she was still listening. When we got to the final 5 mins I was allowed to ask 2 questions and after the first one she responded with " I do have to cut you off." I left that phone screen confused about what the role was and disappointed that I didnt get a fair shake. I knew before the recruiter hung up that she was not interested in me. Not a great feeling to have mid-interview. It was no surprise I received a rejection email a day later. I responded to ask for feedback about where my candidacy fell short (I firmly believe in professional growth even at the hiring stages). No response from the recruiter. A word of advice... Be more selective in your hiring so that you can give ample time to qualified candidates. Thirty minutes is not enough time for higher level positions. And always get back to your candidates. Acknowledge that they took the time to commit to your process, so you should see them through to the end as well if they ask for feedback. Good recruiters will go the extra mile.

Interview Questions

• what was something you fell short on in the past that you were really excited about?   Answer Question

People Operations Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at ASICS Digital (formerly Runkeeper) in October 2020.

Interview

I applied online in the middle of the summer and received an email to set up a phone interview in September. Between Covid and the usual unexpected roadblocks that come up during hiring, I wasn't concerned about the long timeframe. I had a very nice conversation with the Boston HR contact who immediately reached out to schedule a conversation with the HR director in Japan. I sent over my availability and then heard nothing for over 2 weeks. I then received an email apology and request for a time with the HR Director. While I normally would decline given the lack of communication, with Covid I'm giving folks the benefit of the doubt.
    I had a nice conversation with the director and quickly received a follow-up email from the Boston contact to schedule a block of video interviews with the team. I gave several times of my availability and send a follow up check in two days. After a week I had not heard back from the Boston contact and send an email withdrawing my candidacy. I never received a response.

Interview Questions

• Questions about coordinating between different stakeholders, experience with large companies and the tech industry in Boston, policy creation and benefits research.   Answer Question

Human Resources Interview

Interview

Went through a phone interview and was brought in for an in person interview. Everyone was super nice and the process was fairly quick. Did not get an offer but would definitely apply again in the future.

Interview Questions

Interview

Initial Recruiter phone screening round for about 30 mins. The I got a mail asking for an On-site interview with the team. I had about 4 rounds for a total of 2 hours.

Interview Questions

• How did you go about interviewing your target market in your previous experience?   Answer Question

Data Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at ASICS Digital (formerly Runkeeper) (Boston, MA) in February 2020.

Interview

The interview was with a hiring manager. Applied through the school job board. The process took 3 weeks. The made me feel very comfortable and was very friendly throughout the process.

BI Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at ASICS Digital (formerly Runkeeper) (Boston, MA) in April 2019.

Interview

There was a short round with HR, then the hiring manager. The process ends with 5-6 interviews in person at their office. At the time, they were looking to fill the spot quickly and were persistent,

Interview Questions

• The hiring manager had a spreadsheet of shoe sales and asked what information you can derive by looking at the data.   Answer Question

Senior Data Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at ASICS Digital (formerly Runkeeper).

Interview

I applied online and an recruiter set up an interview. After I am ready for the interview, sat down and waiting for the call, the HR just sent a cancel note saying won't move forward with H1b candicates right at the time that we should start the call. They have a bad reputation on interview process as people can see here. I think this is rude and unresponsible, at least they should tell people in advance or call to apologize a little bit, not just cancel the event on Calendar! Such a bad experience with them.

ASICS Digital (formerly Runkeeper) Response

Mar 13, 2019

We believe in having an open and transparent recruiting proccess that is catered to the candidate and are very sorry to hear that this wasn't applied here. We truly appreciate you taking the time to provide us with this valuable feedback and have taken steps to ensure that this doesn't happen again in the future.

Technology Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at ASICS Digital (formerly Runkeeper) (New York, NY).

Interview

Initial couple of rounds telephonic was good. Then onsite intvw with 5 diff team members. All went good. Then followed up 3 times no answers. Company is small and their team doesnt know to handle jobseekers. They should know the fact that they have to reject few candidates before offering someone else a job. Totally unprofessional to not convey the outcome of intvw process. Jobseekers are not beggers. Respect them and maintain some dignity.

Interview Questions

ASICS Digital (formerly Runkeeper) Response

Mar 13, 2019

We truly appreciate you taking the time to give us your feedback. We're sorry to hear that we haven't been able to connect after your interview. Since then we've grown our recruiting team to ensure that we always get back to all interview-candidates and provide detailed feedback on their interview.

User Experience Designer Interview

Interview

The beginning of the process was pleasant - a theme similar to the other interviews listed below. Things changed once I got to the design test. I tried to ask questions in order to produce an acceptable result. I submitted a design that I thought was passable - only to hear radio silence. I checked in with the recruiter, only to eventually follow up with someone else because I was still not receiving any answers. It was only when I contacted a second person that the first recruiter responded - in a rather unpleasant manner - that my design was not up to their standards. They gave me some feedback - one of the points being something I had asked on early in the process. I got the impression they wanted me to re-design one of their screens using their *exact* standards - which is essentially spec-work. I think it's unfair to ask someone - without proper knowledge of the app/design system - to do this kind of test.. Especially if they a aren't going to offer pay compensation.

Since I've been seeing the same positions listed over and over again, I'm going to have to assume that: 1) other people have "failed" the test 2) that they don't know what they're looking for or 3) their standards are incredibly high. In any case, I would suggest others to look elsewhere.

Interview Questions

• Re-design one of their existing mobile application screens   Answer Question

Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at ASICS Digital (formerly Runkeeper) (Boston, MA) in February 2018.

Interview

The start of the process was very pleasant and moved quickly. I applied online, two days later participated in a screen interview, and two days after that was invited to participate in a phone interview with the hiring manager. After sending my availability, I did not receive a response back. I followed up two additional times. One month later, I received a response apologizing and letting me know they were still interested in furthering the conversation. It was another two weeks before I heard back from them again to finally schedule the second round interview. It then took another two weeks schedule a three-hour in person interview. Everyone I spoke with was very pleasant, the timeline was just frustrating and I was left wondering if they were ever really interested in me as a candidate and/or if they were serious about filling the role.

Interview Questions

• Tell me what you know about us and what you understand about the role.   Answer Question