ASM International NV Interview Questions | Glassdoor

ASM International NV Interview Questions

Interviews at ASM International NV

2.9

IT Support Interview

Interview

Quick and to the point. 2 people from hiring department did a shotgun tag-team interview. All was performed in a conference room and results were given at interview end. This wsa an all-around positive experience.

Interview Questions

• What are your weaknesses in the field   1 Answer

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at ASM International NV (Phoenix, AZ) in April 2016.

Interview

Talked to ~ 10 managers (or up) in total in a day with a technical presentation. Start in the early morning with a series of individual meeting. Basically talk about your research and how much you know about the skill required for this position as well as understanding to the industry.

Human Resources Generalist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at ASM International NV (Phoenix, AZ) in January 2018.

Interview

Strangest interview i've ever had. Not only did I have to call the recruiter, he only had a 4 hour window where he could be contacted. During the "phone screen", I was asked again, which role I applied for, so i'm not even sure he was aware of which applicants are applying for what. The whole interview was a mess, so scattered. Also, you may want to change the way you ask some of your questions.

Electrical Engineer I Interview

Anonymous Employee in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at ASM International NV (Phoenix, AZ) in May 2014.

Interview

I was referred by an employee. Heard back after several weeks. Had two phone screens before the in-person interview. I interviewed 1:1 with almost all members of the group (5-6) and had a final technical round.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at ASM International NV.

Interview

Interview will likely be over the phone first, then if they decide they like you you will likely be flown to Phoenix for face to face interview. They are trying to feel you out to see if your even worth your time. Read up know something about the company and what they do and sell.

Interview Questions

• Mostly just experience and lots of safety related questions. Know your safety like ladder safety and lock out tag out of electrical equipment. They may have a demonstration question like un-level a table and put a level on it and you tell them which way the table leg needs to go to make the level level.   1 Answer

Field Service Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in East Fishkill, NY

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at ASM International NV (East Fishkill, NY) in September 2012.

Interview

Initial contact was made through a head hunter. Scored very well on the initial interview which consisted of very technical questions and work background. Temperature, Pressure, Flow sensors, as well as electronic theory all the way to vacuum controls. It was followed by an on site(Fishkill, NY) interview that lasted about three hours. Their office space was very outdated, everything was in 1960's style building. Though everyone had new laptops that were carried everywhere and they tried their hardest not to use paper(dust concerns). This interview had three people, probing back ground, motivation and technical ability. It was followed by a tour of their equipment in a state-of-the-art chip fabrication facility; to include a clean suit

Interview Questions

• The background probe and understanding your plans for the future were very unexpected, so have a good idea of what you want going in. The Technical stuff was not easy, but not unexpected.   Answer Question

Received an offer that was not in New York...

Field Service Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at ASM International NV in May 2018.

Interview

The interviewing process was pretty straight forward. There were a few soft skills questions alongside with hard skills and technical questions. There was emphasis on testing your knowledge with a few questions over fundamental theories.

Interview Questions

• What would you do if you were asked to perform an unsafe action?   Answer Question

Mechanical Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at ASM International NV (Phoenix, AZ) in February 2014.

Interview

Very open and honest interview. However, all questions was asked directly into the point. I was asked by technical questions and work relationship questions. I used also the blackboard for my answers. An interview was done with Mechanical Managers that I was assigned to.

Mechanical Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at ASM International NV (Phoenix, AZ).

Interview

The interview was an on site personal interview in Phoenix, Arizona. Four mechanical engineering managers took the interview each for about 30-45 minutes followed by an interview with the HR manager.

Interview Questions

• Questions on previous experience. Some technical questions to be answered and presented on a white board.   Answer Question

Technical Writer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at ASM International NV (Phoenix, AZ) in June 2011.

Interview

Overall, the time it took from the initial contact to the interview was fast compared to my other experiences. The HR department was very informative, providing an overview of the job, company, and culture. I was turned over to two panels of four including management and peers for a tense 3-hour interview. Too many questions were asked that I thought had no bearing on the position, my skills, or how I could benefit the company. Those "behavioral" or trick quesitons really ticked me off. It was an uncomfortable and confrontational situation. I wouldn't have accepted the position if offered.

Interview Questions

• If you were a super hero, who would you be.   1 Answer
    • If you had a motto, what would it be?   1 Answer