ASML Interview Questions in San Jose, CA | Glassdoor

2.8

4 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Senior Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at ASML (San Jose, CA).

Interview

First round was with HR. I was asked about my project experience. They wanted to see how you can present things well and which group matched your background. Second round was with the prospective group. I was asked about optical imaging questions and c++ fundamentals.

Interview Questions

• Considering a one dimensional grating with normal incidence, which polarization has better resolution of image?   Answer Question

Engineering Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Clara, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at ASML (Santa Clara, CA) in October 2010.

Interview

Brion Technologies has a rigorous process to assess potential fit within the company. I applied for an engineering position. Interviews consist of phone interviews and multiple on-site interviews. Phone interviews include questions designed to assess your intelligence, mostly focused on engineering math & statistics. On-site interviews consist of questions related to the nature of the job, with an additional 'brain teaser' component. Very little effort is placed on the content of your resume, especially outside the focus of Brion/ASML's core competencies.

From my interactions with the employees, I sensed that there is a strict work ethic, with lots of pressure to execute, especially since many employees are Chinese and have PhDs. Thus they are searching for hard working intelligent people who can execute to near perfection. Bear in mind that this culture may not be for everyone.

One of the interviewers in management asked overly personal questions, one that I brushed aside and a subsequent one that I took offense at. Perhaps this can be attributed cultural differences; nevertheless, I determined this was not the right company for me.

Interview Questions

• You have multiple datapoints that appear to a straight line. How do you find the line of best fit? Provide the equations to calculate the slope and intercept.   Answer Question

Product Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at ASML (San Jose, CA) in September 2012.

Interview

The Hiring Manager called me after 2 weeks I submitted my resume to the company website. It was another opening in the phone interview. In the interview, he asked if I have experience in Perl Programming and some background knowledge in lithography. Also he asked a few questions related to signal processing. At the end of the phone interview, he planed to schedule a time for onsite interview, but I didn't hear from him after more than 3 weeks.

Interview Questions

• What is the Math form of Fourier Transform?   1 Answer

Product Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at ASML (San Jose, CA) in May 2015.

Interview

I ask my friend to refer my resume to the manager. One week later, I got an phone interview. Two weeks later, I got the onsite interview. The interview questions are most about behavior questions. There are some questions about technical stuff. They are not very difficult. I wait for long time for their response for almost two months. I still don't get their reply. They need me to work overthere as soon as possible. But I am not able to do so.

Interview Questions

• The manager ask about Fourier Transform, Least square estimation and also about PN junction.   Answer Question