AT&T Account Manager Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Nov 17, 2017

2.9

28 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at AT&T (Los Angeles, CA) in November 2017.

Interview

Lots of standard questions after a phone call with HR. There was nothing special that would make them stand out as good interview questions. Not sure why they were so lazy.

Interview Questions

• Where do I see myself in 5 years.   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for AT&T

Account Manager Interview

Interview

Don't work here. Things change constantly, your role, your accounts, your manager, the product you sell. It's a complete poop show. Go work in software, nobody works in telecom anymore unless you are an aging dinasore

Account Manager Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at AT&T in February 2016.

Interview

The interview was fine, they do ask a lot of questions and make you to tell who you are, what you are interested and why do you want to work here. it is all basic questions. and when they ask you all the questions, they seem did not really care, however, they were testing you and see how you are gonna react to that. it is fine

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at AT&T (Chicago, IL) in February 2015.

Interview

The interview took a few weeks but I had to wait on one manager to return from vacation after coming in a week for the first set of interviews. Once the final interviews were completed I was asked to return for the offer.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a situation that you had to work with a co-worker who was dishonest   Answer Question

Account Manager Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 6+ months. I interviewed at AT&T.

Interview

If you speak with the hiring manager directly, you can bypass all the red tape and terrible HR systems/filters that this company has. Usually the interview process is a 3 step process, you interview on the phone, in person with a panel, and usually then your hiring manager.

Interview Questions

• None, just be ready tell sell on the spot, be it a pen, cell phone, etc.   1 Answer

Negotiation

They always low ball you on salary and say you can make it up with your commission. If you can justify you pay with past pay stubs, you will have a better chance of getting what you want.

Anonymous Employee in Orange, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at AT&T (Orange, CA) in June 2013.

Interview

Long and drawn out but at the end of the day it was a great job for many years just no room to grow, old school mentality. Did all kinds of checks so if you have any ghosts in your closet then this is not the company for you. Had multiple phone interviews then in person then panel review with multiple managers. Had background and drug test done and will pull up every ticket (even speeding) you have ever had.

Account Manager Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at AT&T in March 2013.

Interview

Two interviews, one with regional managers and one with regional vice president. It took about 3 weeks for the entire process to offer letter. I was a referral so I think the process might have been shorter than normal.

Interview Questions

• Nothing too hard, want to know about your technical knowledge and level of sales skills.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Tualatin, OR

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at AT&T (Tualatin, OR) in January 2013.

Interview

Interviewed with 2 sales managers as well as Regional Vice President. Pretty typical interview about experience growing business, cold calling, expectations, and timeline

Interview Questions

• It's your typical questions about solving problems, dealing with difficult customers, working as as team, etc   Answer Question

Negotiation

I could have negotiated slightly, but it was an increase in what i was already making, so I accepted as is.

Account Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at AT&T.

Interview

During my long process of interviewing with AT&T. I noticed once you are past the initial screening interview, the heat is turned up. The program begins to solidify as a real and challenging interview process. They prepare you well for your interview by holding a webinar and letting you know what they want and what you should expect. During my second interview I really impressed my interviewer so I convo turned into a convo instead of an interview. You then have a case interview that challenges your ability to present and face adversity. I am currently at my last interview and expect to get the position by presenting what they are looking for and showing that I want the position. The only negative about the process is the fact that every stage of the process takes about a week plus just to hear back and then another week for the next interview. So if you are pressed for money and a job you may need to learn patience.

Interview Questions

• A case study related question   1 Answer

Negotiation

I am at the last round but I know I will do great.

Account Manager Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at AT&T in April 2012.

Interview

Interview process was enjoyable as it was one on one with my manager. The hiring process was a bit difficult as the folks who were handling my documents lost the documents and I was delayed in my hiring.

Interview Questions

• The most difficult question would have been in reference to experience and compensation.   1 Answer

Negotiation

Very easy