AT&T Assistant Store Manager Interview Questions | Glassdoor

AT&T Assistant Store Manager Interview Questions

Interviews at AT&T

2.9

Anonymous Employee in Cleveland, OH

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at AT&T (Cleveland, OH) in July 2008.

Interview

Hiring process takes a long time. You will get a phone interview followed by two in person interviews. You may be in the room with multiple interviewers.m

Interview Questions

• A lot of questions are based on examples of customer situations and sales you made at previous jobs   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for AT&T

Anonymous Employee in South Milwaukee, WI

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at AT&T (South Milwaukee, WI) in June 2008.

Interview

Not too painful just be ready for questions to challenge you

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Not bad at all, 2 weeks

Anonymous Employee in Fairfax, VA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at AT&T (Fairfax, VA) in June 2009.

Interview

It is a repetative behavioral questionare, so they will ask you questions such as "what is the most difficult decision you had to make...at work etc" make sure you don't go off in a tangent to a different story, stick to the question and the trick is this question WILL be asked again using different words later on. The whole interview is like this so don't mess up your answers! Be consistent and pay attention, you body posture is important and smile speak clearly.

Interview Questions

• "What is the most difficult decision you had to make about a coworker and why" actually there is a bunch of questions like this so they can all be either really easy or really hard depending on your prior experience. The name of the game is Professional Attitude, Positive, Prompt Answers   1 Answer

Negotiation

Just the salary, You can ask what their Salary Range is and depending on your experience you will usually get what you are asking for. So 5 years ago I was offered only a base of 28K per year and I said that I was asking for 32K and got it.

Anonymous Employee in Long Beach, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at AT&T (Long Beach, CA) in March 2012.

Interview

I had an interview with recruiter, then with area manager then with district manager. So total of 3 interviews and it takes a good month from start to finish if you are hired.

Interview Questions

• It was pretty expected questions like...
      1. Tell us about a time where you overcame a challenge or dealt with difficult people
      2. Why do you think we should pick you
      3. What do you know about retail, sales or customer service and etc   Answer Question

Negotiation

they gave me an offer letter with a salary and commission projection and I accepted the offer.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lafayette, IN

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at AT&T (Lafayette, IN) in July 2010.

Interview

I applied internally for an assistant management position. The first interview was with the Retail Store Manager, and consisted mostly of situational and behavioral questions. Come prepared to answer questions using very specific and detailed situations and past work experiences. The second interview is with the Area Regional Sales Manager, and is a little more laid back. It consists mostly of dialogue. The third interview is with the Director of Sales, and by this time, they have already decided whether or not they are hiring you. This interview is just a screening to make sure that you don't have any glaring personality issues and to give you the clearing to be hired for this or future positions within the company.

Interview Questions

• How will you deal with difficult sales reps who have been with the company longer than you?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sarasota, FL

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at AT&T (Sarasota, FL) in October 2010.

Interview

Scenerio Questions. Action Plan review, and the normal (what would yoube bringing to the table) questions

Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at AT&T (San Diego, CA) in February 2012.

Interview

Interview process is lengthy. Expect to have 2-4 face to face interviews with 2-7 people in the room. Reach out to as many people whom work in the company (in your area). Process can take 1-3 months from initial interview process. Typically 3 weeks of training. Understand the demands of the role you are interviewing for, and relate your past experience to those demands. If you are going for a sales role, illustrate your passion for exceeding quatos and have experience to support that. Express your desires to stay with the company long term, and your desires to move up and expand the company. Working in a team helpful environment, with the passion to be number one.

Interview Questions

• I've been through 8 interviews with the company, and every manager is different in what questions they will ask. I would say be prepared to talk highly of yourself and have past experiences on hand to support your strengths. Speak highly to being coachable, sales driven, leadership, and accountability.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Area manager at the time was very proactive in helping me get the best pay as I was already an employee.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Albany, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at AT&T (Albany, NY) in January 2013.

Interview

Apply Online, Answer personality test. Interview with Store manager. Canned questions using STAR structure. Passed onto Area sales manager, finally to Director of Sales. Management position leaves you in charge of Union members who can pretty much do as they please.

Not enough money, 55 hour work weeks work all Weekends and holidays

Anonymous Employee in Charlotte, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at AT&T (Charlotte, NC) in December 2009.

Interview

Good questions to weed out those that are not qualified. Good experience.

Interview Questions

• What was a time that you failed and how did you respond?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Hoffman Estates, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at AT&T (Hoffman Estates, IL) in November 2012.

Interview

It takes a while to get hired at AT&T initially. They do promote from within. They want a strong sales background, and a smiley person with a good attitude. They also want you to stand behind the products, especially digital life. That is a huge focus right now, it is no longer a cell phone company. They provide solutions for everything and everyone.

Interview Questions

• Why wouldn't we choose you?   1 Answer

Negotiation

I did not negotiate as I didn't have a degree.