AT&T Interview Questions in Austin, TX | Glassdoor

2.5

54 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Technical Support Agent Interview

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at AT&T (Austin, TX).

Interview

Asked typical interview questions. Brought in another manager to the interview. Seemed pleasant enough. Nothing stood out regarding the first impression I got. Place was kind of dirty and the staff looked unhappy. I was not physically assaulted, so there's that...

Universal Agent Interview

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at AT&T (Austin, TX).

Interview

The hiring process moved quickly through an online application, phone interview, and then in person interview. I was asked fairly basic questions about the company, and telecommunications infrastructure. I was also asked about career goals.

Interview Questions

• I was asked several specifics about the company, including answering basic connections on internet and phone systems.   Answer Question

Part Time Sales Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at AT&T (Austin, TX) in July 2016.

Interview

Very long worthless testing application, Didn't pass the first time, changed email and passed the second. Only seems to be one person interviewing for many stores locally which creates a large bottleneck.

Retail Sales Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at AT&T (Austin, TX) in March 2016.

Interview

Applied online, received a phone call about 4 days later, set up an interview. Had the interview today, will hear back next week to see if I am going to set up an interview with a Store manager. Interview was....different. I wasn't asked many questions, she wanted me to ask all of the questions and talk about myself.

Interview Questions

• When was a time you were told you could do better in your current position and how did you overcome it?   Answer Question

Emerging Technologies - TDP Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at AT&T (Austin, TX).

Interview

3 rounds.
    1) behavior
    2) technical (you will write a bit of code)
    3) closing interview - passion (see's how much you really want the job)

Long process, but easy interviews. Great people though!

Interview Questions

Very low offer. Slap in the face for Software Engineering majors from a top 10 program.

Retail Sales Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at AT&T (Austin, TX) in December 2015.

Interview

While applying for various positions in the Austin Area, I noticed an upcoming job fair at the AT&T corporate offices nearby. I went to the fair - along with about 40 other people - filled out some preliminary paperwork, and was then ushered into another room to interview with an area store manager. After asking me a few basic questions, he transferred me to the Area Hiring Manager for Central Texas. We exchanged pleasantries, afterward he then reviewed my resume, and asked me some basic customer service questions. He then asked me to stay behind and talk to another manager (I didn't get his title), which was when I was told that I had made it through the "1 in 30" weed out process. We talked for 10-15 minutes, and then I was told that I would hear back... or not. That is how I would know if I would move on with AT&T.

The next day, someone from the Area Hiring Office called and asked me to interview with a local store, which I did that same week. I seemed to hit it off with the store manager and his assistants, and they acted very impressed by my answers and experience. The manage gave me his card, told me that - since I made it to a store level interview - AT&T wanted me. It has been 4 weeks, and I have not heard anything since.

Further, the manager that interviewed me told me to call with any questions, but I have not been able to reach him at any point in time since I visited the store. Someone answers the phone at the store - literally - 1 in 10 calls, at which point I am told he is unavailable, and that I should call the Area Hiring Manager. The problem with that answer is that I have no contact information for the Area Hiring Manager, and no way to follow up on why I have not heard anything yet.

It is pretty disappointing to make it through 3 levels of interviews and be told that you are "1 in 30" and that "you are wanted" at a 4th interview, only to be left wondering.

Interview Questions

• How do you handle an angry customer?   1 Answer

U-Verse Premises Technician Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at AT&T (Austin, TX) in November 2015.

Interview

Spiel in the beginning describing what the job entails. Climbing poles with buckingham harness, working lots of overtime, a couple months of training in Houston etc etc. Then you go off with a manager and answer a few questions while he types out your answers. They aren't griling you or anything, just be prepared to answer the questions submitted on Glassdoor and you'll be fine.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you helped someone with something.   1 Answer

AT&T Retail Sales Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at AT&T (Austin, TX) in November 2015.

Interview

Generic interview process, except for the inconvenient fact that the "professional" interviewer was over ten minutes late to our scheduled appointment. Communication within the company is a joke, bureaucracy at its finest..expect phone tag, multiple calls going unanswered, and a general lack of communication between hiring departments.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about one instance where you went above and beyond your job requirements to provide excellent customer service.   Answer Question

Leadership Development Interview

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at AT&T (Austin, TX) in November 2015.

Interview

Online over a self-recorded video with submission, 5 questions, You got 2 minutes to record your answer and you only got one do-over per question , They had a video of current employees reading the question

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time where you were out of your comfort zone.   Answer Question

Cable Splicing Tech Interview

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at AT&T (Austin, TX).

Interview

The process was common with a drug test, driver license review, and manual dexterity. The second set of tests were knowledge and the ability to read English. The process was drawn out over a month and half.