AT&T Call Center Employee Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at AT&T

1 Interview Review

Call Center Employee Interview

Anonymous Employee in Goldsboro, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at AT&T (Goldsboro, NC) in August 2012.

Interview

I had to submit the application and a few weeks later was notified of a testing date. We were told to arrive 15 minutes early and to expect the total testing time to be around 3 hours. I think it actually took about 3.5 hours. We first saw a little movie about the company and what benefits they had to offer. Then we were led into a classroom and the "instructors" explained the tests to us. The first test lasted about 30-45 minutes and was a simulation of working as a call center employee. We had to wait until the whole group finished before we would have the opportunity to begin the next test. If you passed the first test you would then be allowed to take the next test. This test had math questions, understanding questions, reading questions, and used graphs and charts. Once everyone had completed the test the instructors walked around and looked at the computer screen to see if you passed. If you passed you were instructed to get in line to get a interview date. My interview data was 3 weeks after my test date. One the day of interview, I arrived 15 minutes early and had to wait about 30 minutes before my interview began. There were 3 men interviewing me (2 interviewing managers and one manager that was there to keep records of what was being said). I walked in nervous and the men could sense that so they began small talk to ease my nerves. About 5 minutes later the actual interview began. It really was not difficult, they asked questions like describe a time when you had to deal with an angry customer, or describe a time when you were able to be a leader, etc. They then told me that HR would get with me the following week to let me know if I received the position or not . I did a phone interview with the HR rep, and she gave me a preliminary offer of employment as long as my background check came out good. She told me after that she would give me a final offer with the pay. The worst part of this process was dealing with HireRight (the background check company that ATT uses). I worked for one company for 5 years until the company went out of business. The background check company could not get up with the company...well obviously not, they are no longer open. They were willing to take pay stubs, but I dont keep that kind of information. I offered them my tax returns which showed the company, but they wanted my w2's, which I no longer had. Eventually I was able to get my old manager's phone number, and they verified my employment through him. I was concerned for a while that things were not going to check out when the company was trying to validate that place of employment though.

Interview Questions

• I can't say that any questions were very difficult. They all entailed me explaining how I handled very situations in other work, school, or volunteer activities.   1 Answer

Negotiation

There was no negotiation phase. I was applying for a very entry-level position. I had to submit to drug screening and a background check. The rate of pay possible was $10-$13.32 an hour. My education did come into play (thank goodness)! I have one A.A.S. and I am halfway through with my bachelor's degree. I was actually given $13.32...top of the pay scale! It did, however, take a very long time to get my actual offer.