AT&T Interview Questions in Chicago, IL | Glassdoor

Updated Apr 19, 2017

2.7

Customer Care Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Matteson, IL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at AT&T (Matteson, IL).

Interview

The pre-assessment was new. You have to play a series of brain games along with answering a few questions. The interview itself was fairly short and included a mock customer call. Heard back from them within 48 hours. Drug test is required.

Software Engineering Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at AT&T (Chicago, IL).

Interview

Applied online and was contacted within 3 weeks. One short phone interview and then an in person interview at their office which consisted of an hour of walkthrough/questions/behavioral and then an hour of technical questions.

Sales Support Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at AT&T (Chicago, IL) in August 2016.

Interview

The Interview process was overall pretty simple. In total, the whole process only took about two week. However, the total number of interviews, both on phone and in person, seemed to be a quite a lot.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time where you had to make a situational decision that may have been in opposition to policy or procedure set in place.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at AT&T (Chicago, IL) in March 2016.

Interview

quick/long depending on need of the position you applied for. They are very welcoming and nice. I really enjoyed the process. Nonthreatening. Everyone was very helpful. First interview was a phonecall screening, then another phonecall interview, then skype, and finallt in person with a hiring manager, then a district manager. It was a wonderful experience. great company to work for, with great benefits.

Interview Questions

• Tell me how to do something in two minutes?
      Why should we choose you?
      Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at AT&T (Chicago, IL) in March 2016.

Interview

Hiring Event at store within district. About 3 interviews with manager, area manager and district manager. Very friendly and not intimidating. Talked about previous employment with compensation based salary.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at AT&T (Chicago, IL) in February 2016.

Interview

This was a phone interview because I live in the midwest and am relocating to another state. The interview was difficult because the connection was poor and I couldn't hear her very well. I did ask her to repeat some of the questions due to the connection. The questions were long and well thought out. I had to reach back to past experiences and rely on articulation to reflect my expertise. I asked her how the hiring process works. She told me that they will contact me in a few days to let me know if the hiring manager is interested. If they decide to hire me in a few days, I will get drug tested and get a background check within 48 hours. The background check can take up to 1 month. So if I get hired I might have to wait a month. Also, she told me that they have training facilities that would be covered on their end in terms of travel expense. One is in Texas and the other is in Cali. I'm anxiously awaiting their call to see if they want to move forward with the drug test and background check. After that, hopefully I only have to wait two weeks or so and can begin training. Training is 4 weeks. Then I will get placed in one of the stores.

Interview Questions

• How did you deal with a difficult customer?   1 Answer
    • Give me an instance where you saw a coworker doing something against the rules and tell me what you did.   1 Answer
    • How do you handle criticism and what was the most recent instance?   1 Answer
    • She asked me to describe all of my past jobs, saying what I loved, and what I disliked.
      Also asked me how I keep up to date with the latest technology.
      1 Answer
    • Have you ever felt pressured to bend the rules and if so what did you do?   1 Answer

Senior Member of Technical Staff Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at AT&T (Chicago, IL) in October 2015.

Interview

The interview process was fair and consistent. I interviewed with the hiring manager first and then with two members on the team I would be working with. They were about a week apart. The hiring manager was basically getting a feel for me as a person and the two team members, was more hands on technical aptitude. They gave me a tour of the office and the server/network equipment room. Asked about my experience and answered my questions. Afterwards I was told they would follow-up with me in a few days which they did.

Interview Questions

• Describe the top 3 factors that are important to you in a company   1 Answer

Associate Applications Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at AT&T (Chicago, IL) in September 2015.

Interview

Applying as a senior in college. Applied through the AT&T careers website. Received an email from and did a phone screen with a college recruiter roughly a week after my online application. He vetted me and then sent me on to a two-part call: one with the hiring manager and one with the "tech guy" to ascertain my level of technical knowledge. A few days after the interview, received a request for my SSN for tax purposes. A few days after that, received a call from the college recruiter about my offer.

NB: I was not drug-tested, but there may have been one upon offer acceptance according to a friend (urine test).

Interview Questions

• Data structures, algorithmic complexity, basic 200-level CS concepts.   Answer Question

Sales Support Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Oak Park, IL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at AT&T (Oak Park, IL).

Interview

Easy. Contacted by recruiter through email, phone screening, went into interview with hiring manager, then once again to store manager interviewed twice, questions were very similar got the job about a month later which i thought was weird

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you helped a difficult customer and what was the outcome?   Answer Question

U-Verse Premises Technician Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Wheaton, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at AT&T (Wheaton, IL) in August 2015.

Interview

Only took ten minutes feel like they just brought me in to be denied. I had no Technican experiance which they said didn't matter but, i knew 8 other people that didn't have any Tech experiance and all got denied.

Interview Questions

• Where do you want to be in 5 years at this comapny?   1 Answer