AT&T Interview Questions in Columbus, OH | Glassdoor

2.9

8 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

AT&T Retail Sales Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbus, OH

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at AT&T (Columbus, OH) in June 2017.

Interview

First was the phone interview, and am being set up currently on a video interview with the hiring manager. It went pretty well and seemed like a routine phone screen on previous work experiences and future interests with AT&T.

Interview Questions

• What previous work experiences can apply to this position?   1 Answer

Lead IT Client Executive Interview

Anonymous Employee in Columbus, OH

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at AT&T (Columbus, OH).

Interview

I had 8 interviews, would have all been by phone but I initiated a face to face for the seventh one. The process was long and they even told me I didn't get the job initially, but I pushed them as to why. After discussing further, and a follow up with the director, I was offered the position.

Interview Questions

• How will you handle learning all the technical information?   1 Answer

U-Verse Premises Technician Interview

Anonymous Employee in Columbus, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at AT&T (Columbus, OH) in October 2015.

Interview

My background is technical customer service management, revolving around PC hardware and business technology. I have no specific experience in telecom, just a general familiarity with PC networking.

I applied for the PT on 9/29/15 in Columbus, OH.. On 9/30, I received a call from the senior recruiter to setup a phone interview for 10/1. On 10/1, I went through a 30 minute interview; about half was listening to the job description. When complete, the recruiter sent links to two assessments to complete online; behavioral & logic/problem solving, which I completed right away On 10/2, the recruiter called to tell me that I was being forwarded to a Realistic Job Preview (RJP) and interview on 10/13, and given directions on where to go, how to dress and what to bring.

On 10/13, I showed up 15 minutes early for the 12N RJP, as directed. At noon, the doors were shut & late arrivals were turned away. We had 12 of the scheduled 17 present; at least 2 arrived late & were refused entry. An area manager and regional manager spent about an hour talking about the job. At first, they focused on the negatives: forget college football, forget after-work activities, embrace cold/wet/miserable outdoor conditions, prepare for dirty/animal infested/"hoarder" homes, brace yourselves for insects/rodents/vermin in crawlspaces. They also preached the positives: $132 billion company with strong history, excellent benefits, promote-from-within culture, peer & management support. We were then given 5 minutes for potty, and a chance for those who have changed their minds to leave. All were reassured that leaving does not harm you for future consideration. AT&T understands that situations change, and what doesn't work now might be fine at another time. I think that one person left.

Next was the interview. There were 7 two-man teams interviewing; one led the interview, the other documented & occasionally interjected. The four basic questions mentioned here so often were asked. Be specific in your responses- they want details, not generalities. We were budgeted for 20 minutes, but spent 35 minutes in a very conversational exchange. I felt very good when it was over and I was sent away.

Early on 10/14, I received a call from the senior recruiter with a conditional job offer. The offer was top-of-the-scale & contingent on background check, physical and drug test. The target start date was 10/23, and I was told to expect a call from the union representative before then. I accepted the contingent offer, and immediately received emails asking me to update my AT&T profile and to start the Hireright process. I logged on to the Hireright site, which was already populated with info from my application. I went through & added requested info to each job listing. I also provided info on a speeding ticket received last year. BTW, during the RJP, they mentioned that more than 2 points on your license could be a deal-breaker. It took me about 20 minutes to complete the process & submit. I then sent a "heads up" email to my former employer to expect a call from Hireright concerning AT&T. 90 MINUTES LATER, my former boss called to tell me that he'd received the call! These folks waste no time. I also received a call from Hireright, telling me to look for an email scheduling my physical/drug test/lift test. Minutes later, I received this email, scheduling my tests for 10/15.

On 10/15, I went to a local urgent care that also does employment physicals and physical testing. I was eventually called back, where I was weighed & measured, and then sent to give a urine sample for drug testing. The doctor came in shortly afterwards, rushed but pleasant. He did a much more thorough medical history than I expected. He then checked me all over, including eyes, ears, nose, throat, heart & lungs. I also had to "turn my head & cough" for the unpopular hernia exam. Next, I had to do several stability & balance tests, with eyes open & then closed. Then there was a simple vision test, for both acuity & color recognition. Finally, I had to do the AT&T strength test. This consisted of lifting 80lbs (#8-10lb weights in a milk crate) to chest height (just under my chin), then setting it down in a controlled manner. That was it.

As of 10/21, my Hireright BG test was still "In Progress". I called my recruiter for an update, and was told that I *won't* be starting 10/23, since the BG wasn't yet complete. Next start date is 11/6, meaning two more weeks of unemployment. On 10/27, I received my final offer, which I accepted. The recruiter told me my orientation location (close by home) and my destination garage after training was complete- all the way across town. He didn't have my training location yet, saying I would get it on orientation day. He warned me to be ready to travel, in case training was out of town. I was then sent a link to the Pre-Onboarding Portal, where I completed all of the pre-employment tasks and paperwork.

Interview Questions

• Give a *specific* example of a time that you had to deal with an angry customer. What was the situation & how did you resolve it?   Answer Question
    • Describe a time that you had a conflict with a peer or supervisor. What was the situation & how did you resolve it?   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time when safety was a primary concern or focus in your career. Describe the situation, and what you had to do to ensure safety.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Pay rate is determined by union scale, based on education and experience, and isn't swayed by discussion. My extensive customer service experience in technical fields pushed me to the top; my lack of degree pulled me down only slightly.

Sales Support Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbus, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at AT&T (Columbus, OH) in April 2015.

Interview

I applied online on a Friday and got a call Monday wanting to be interviewed face to face. I go to interview it took about 20 minutes for the interview.

AT&T Retail Sales Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Columbus, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at AT&T (Columbus, OH) in March 2014.

Interview

Got called by a recruiter, phone interview, and then an interview with a hiring manager, and then an interview with the store and district manager. All very easy going calm people

Interview Questions

• How do your past roles tailor to your position you're applying for at At&t?   Answer Question

Retail Sales Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Columbus, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at AT&T (Columbus, OH) in August 2012.

Interview

It took about a week for someone to contact me after I first applied. Then I did my first interview a week later with the store manager of the store I would be working in. After the initial interview I had two more interviews within the space of four weeks in total. The second interview was with the area manager and the third was with the district manager. The whole interview process took about a month from the time I applied to the time I got hired.

Interview Questions

• Experience. Whether I was excited to be with the company. Why they should choose me over others... Etc   1 Answer

Retail Sales Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Columbus, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 5+ months. I interviewed at AT&T (Columbus, OH) in February 2011.

Interview

it has been a couple years. I remember it took a very very long time to complete the entire process. I applied in October, had two interviews, and was offered a position in March.

Interview Questions

• Discuss a difficult customer situation and how you handled it.   Answer Question

Sales Director Interview

Anonymous Employee in Columbus, OH

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at AT&T (Columbus, OH) in February 2008.

Interview

It was a straight forward interview process. Reviewed my previous employment, discussed management and sales background as well technical knowledge of the Telecom Industry.

Interview Questions

• All of the questions were straight forward interview questions. No trick questions   Answer Question

Negotiation

They made an offer that was very close to my asking range. I made a counter offer that was accepted.