AT&T Customer Service Representative I Interview Questions | Glassdoor

AT&T Customer Service Representative I Interview Questions

Interviews at AT&T

2.6

Anonymous Employee in Boardman, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at AT&T (Boardman, OH) in January 2014.

Interview

Hiring is the most ridiculous process. You test like your getting to get in the CIA only to wait and wait and wait for further emails of ongoing status updates.

Interview Questions

• they use the STAR method. Google it.   1 Answer
  • How would you help a customer upset over losing their phone information.   1 Answer

Negotiation

They pay based on experience.

Other Interview Reviews for AT&T

Customer Service Representative I Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at AT&T.

Interview

After completing the job application online, I was invited via to schedule an interview. The interview lasted for about 45 minutes. Interview questions consisted mainly of behavioral questions, but also included knowledge of the company and my how I would be a benefit to the company. I received a response within 2 days.

Customer Service Representative I Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at AT&T in August 2014.

Interview

Filled out the application. About 10 minutes later got an email saying to sign up for the conference call. Conference call lasted 10-15 minutes; at the end signed up for testing. Testing was 3 parts, mostly personality test and the call center simulation. Passed the tests and got the interview the same day. Two days later got a "soft" offer pending my background test. The next week my background test passed and got the job offer. Process took a week and a half.

Interview Questions

• The manager gave me a scenario where I has to firmly tell him his phone wouldn't be on without paying a past due balance.   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiating

Anonymous Employee in Cedartown, GA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at AT&T (Cedartown, GA) in August 2013.

Interview

Test and then a verbal interview with a manager. Computerized test checks you ability to do the job. Questions with the manager test your fit with the company.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

None negotiable

Customer Service Representative I Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at AT&T.

Interview

It was a very long process. I submitted my application and resume online then was invited to join an online informational meeting where I was set up for testing. I took my test and was set up for an interview with two supervisors. Several weeks later I received a conditional offer based on a drug screen and intensive background check. About 2weeks after that I was offered the job.

Interview Questions

• They asked mostly ordinary questions like tell as about a difficult situation with a customer and how you handled it.   Answer Question

Negotiation

There was no negotiations, offer is based on experience

Anonymous Employee in Fayetteville, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at AT&T (Fayetteville, NC) in December 2013.

Interview

The hiring process was a smooth ride throughout the way. HR was real good about informing me of what steps I needed to take after completing requirements that they needed.

Negotiation

My offer was based upon my experience which was something I could not turn down based on what other jobs were offering.

Anonymous Employee in Sacramento, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at AT&T (Sacramento, CA) in September 2008.

Interview

screening was done through a hireright company that did all the background and testing for each candidate. submission of application online, called to interview and test with standard customer service computer program.

Interview Questions

• why do you want to work there   1 Answer

Negotiation

there was no negotiation, we all went directly to training on the customer billing and how to smooze.

Anonymous Employee in Ocala, FL

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at AT&T (Ocala, FL) in March 2013.

Interview

Applications for the position are accepted online through AT&T's Taleo portal. It comprises of the basic application questions such as identity, previous employment, education, etc.

After you submit your application, you receive an E-Mail asking you to choose a time where you can call into a teleconference (also from AT&T) and listen into the inner details of what the position entitles. There is also an optional Powerpoint follow but is not required that shows you what is being discussed over the phone in visual detail.

After the presentation is done, the hiring manager asks you to choose between set times for on-campus testing at their location which is only optional if you are applying from out of state. All others must come to the testing center in Ocala, Florida. 9:00 A.M. or 1:00 P.M.

When you choose to go to the campus for testing, you go straight to the security desk and give them your ID and sign in and wait in the lobby with other testers. Make small talk, etc. Be there fifteen minute early at the latest. I was there thirty minutes early and got to make small talk with the others. All dressed in business casual with few exceptions and everyone carrying briefcases with their resumé. The resume is not necessary, all you are doing is testing in their building.

Two test proctors will come into the lobby and lead you to a computer room. The door will be left open because they want you to take the test with the noise outside in order to simulate what it will be like working in a call center environment. The test comprises of three types of tests taken on the computer. The first is a personality exam, the second is an arithmetic exam, the third is another personality exam judging your actions to situations in a work environment. The fourth is actually a call center simulation with a thirty minute orientation video within it. All in all it took me about an hour and forty five minutes of the three hour examination time allowed. But that's because I'm awesome.

Those who passed the testing were called by a hiring manager from a California area code. Others were given form rejections by E-mail.

I was called. I came into an interview and it lasted about an hour or so and it was a behavioral interview, asking you how to responded to situations that came from your previous work experience. Then, you are asked to sell the interviewer something. I tried upselling her from a hypothetical basic internet package to one that was speedier, an example of what the call center does.

After an hour, I left the call center and four days later I got a call from a hiring manager saying I passed the interview and was extended a job offer. The job offer was pending a background check, employment check (done through a third party HR website) and a drug test that they pay for, to be taken within three days of receiving the e-mail. I pissed in a cup and apparently I passed. Whoopee.

Within six days of the test, I was offered a starting salary of $24k a year, with raises every six months and extremely comprehensive benefits. The entire process from start to finish took three and a half weeks.

Interview Questions

• I was asked to sell the interviewer a hypothetical item. She said: "Sell me something."   1 Answer

Negotiation

LOL What negotiation? Salary is based on previous experience and education, even if it is irrelevant to the career at hand.

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at AT&T (Austin, TX) in August 2012.

Interview

Hiring process was literally like you were going to apply for a government job. HireRite was the company they use and these people delayed my hiring process out to 2 months needed to do 2 tests, urine and hair. Go to Screening, pass screening and then another face to face interview with more screening. First screening took about 2-3 hrs, and you either pass or fail is all they tell you. Plus re-interview is on their time not yours so you need to call in to job if you work full time or make sure you can request time off, or else you will miss it and be delayed again in hiring process.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Simple. Take it or leave it.

Anonymous Employee in Ocala, FL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at AT&T (Ocala, FL) in February 2014.

Interview

You take a callcenter test when is basically a virtual environment. From there if you pass, they will do a phone interview asking sales driven questions. It is a sales position. They don't spell it out but it is inbound sales aND customer service. From there you are required to pass a drug test. Once they so a background check and get results you will be called to accept an official offer of pay and start date

Interview Questions

• Tell me of a time where you dealt with a difficult customers and sold a product   Answer Question