AT&T Customer Service Representative I Interview Questions

Updated Oct 9, 2015

2.8

Anonymous Employee in East Tulsa, OK

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at AT&T (East Tulsa, OK) in September 2015.

Interview

I applied online @attjobs.com. I was contacted two days later by a recruiter. The recruiter asked me a few questions and then set up a f2f interview the next day. It was supposed to be a panel interview, but ended up just being one person and lasted over an hour.

Interview Questions

• I was asked several situational questions pertaining to customer service. Seems like they are looking for empathy and problem solving skills. Make sure you have several different scenarios in your mind about difficult customers and how you were able to handle them.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for AT&T

Anonymous Employee in Pueblo, CO

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at AT&T (Pueblo, CO) in June 2015.

Interview

The interview process was great. It was a very comfortable environment.i felt like i connected with the person giving the interview. I wasn't overly nervous like i am going into most new jobs.

Interview Questions

• I was asked about keyboard shortcuts and how good i am with them.   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Ocala, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at AT&T (Ocala, FL) in May 2015.

Interview

It was an in-person interview, 1 on 1 with the hiring manager. I had to check in and sign in with the security guard prior to interview. The interview lasted around 45 minutes.

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at AT&T (Los Angeles, CA) in April 2015.

Interview

Application was done online, Group interview a week later , site Test/Interview on same day if your pass the test. 3 days later received call for job offer,bckgrnd and Drug Screening. Process 3-4weeks.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about your experience using multiple windows to handle a problem.   Answer Question

Customer Service Representative I Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at AT&T.

Interview

After completing the job application online, I was invited via to schedule an interview. The interview lasted for about 45 minutes. Interview questions consisted mainly of behavioral questions, but also included knowledge of the company and my how I would be a benefit to the company. I received a response within 2 days.

Customer Service Representative I Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at AT&T in August 2014.

Interview

Filled out the application. About 10 minutes later got an email saying to sign up for the conference call. Conference call lasted 10-15 minutes; at the end signed up for testing. Testing was 3 parts, mostly personality test and the call center simulation. Passed the tests and got the interview the same day. Two days later got a "soft" offer pending my background test. The next week my background test passed and got the job offer. Process took a week and a half.

Interview Questions

• The manager gave me a scenario where I has to firmly tell him his phone wouldn't be on without paying a past due balance.   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiating

Customer Service Representative I Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at AT&T.

Interview

It was a very long process. I submitted my application and resume online then was invited to join an online informational meeting where I was set up for testing. I took my test and was set up for an interview with two supervisors. Several weeks later I received a conditional offer based on a drug screen and intensive background check. About 2weeks after that I was offered the job.

Interview Questions

• They asked mostly ordinary questions like tell as about a difficult situation with a customer and how you handled it.   Answer Question

Negotiation

There was no negotiations, offer is based on experience

Anonymous Employee in Ocala, FL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at AT&T (Ocala, FL) in February 2014.

Interview

You take a callcenter test when is basically a virtual environment. From there if you pass, they will do a phone interview asking sales driven questions. It is a sales position. They don't spell it out but it is inbound sales aND customer service. From there you are required to pass a drug test. Once they so a background check and get results you will be called to accept an official offer of pay and start date

Interview Questions

• Tell me of a time where you dealt with a difficult customers and sold a product   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Boardman, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at AT&T (Boardman, OH) in January 2014.

Interview

Hiring is the most ridiculous process. You test like your getting to get in the CIA only to wait and wait and wait for further emails of ongoing status updates.

Interview Questions

• they use the STAR method. Google it.   1 Answer
    • How would you help a customer upset over losing their phone information.   1 Answer

Negotiation

They pay based on experience.

Anonymous Employee in Fayetteville, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at AT&T (Fayetteville, NC) in December 2013.

Interview

The hiring process was a smooth ride throughout the way. HR was real good about informing me of what steps I needed to take after completing requirements that they needed.

Negotiation

My offer was based upon my experience which was something I could not turn down based on what other jobs were offering.