AT&T Customer Service Representative I Interview Questions | Glassdoor

AT&T Customer Service Representative I Interview Questions

Interviews at AT&T

2.6

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at AT&T (Austin, TX) in August 2012.

Interview

Hiring process was literally like you were going to apply for a government job. HireRite was the company they use and these people delayed my hiring process out to 2 months needed to do 2 tests, urine and hair. Go to Screening, pass screening and then another face to face interview with more screening. First screening took about 2-3 hrs, and you either pass or fail is all they tell you. Plus re-interview is on their time not yours so you need to call in to job if you work full time or make sure you can request time off, or else you will miss it and be delayed again in hiring process.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Simple. Take it or leave it.

Other Interview Reviews for AT&T

Anonymous Employee in Ocala, FL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at AT&T (Ocala, FL) in February 2014.

Interview

You take a callcenter test when is basically a virtual environment. From there if you pass, they will do a phone interview asking sales driven questions. It is a sales position. They don't spell it out but it is inbound sales aND customer service. From there you are required to pass a drug test. Once they so a background check and get results you will be called to accept an official offer of pay and start date

Interview Questions

• Tell me of a time where you dealt with a difficult customers and sold a product   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Ocala, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at AT&T (Ocala, FL) in May 2015.

Interview

It was an in-person interview, 1 on 1 with the hiring manager. I had to check in and sign in with the security guard prior to interview. The interview lasted around 45 minutes.

Anonymous Employee in East Tulsa, OK

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at AT&T (East Tulsa, OK) in September 2015.

Interview

I applied online @attjobs.com. I was contacted two days later by a recruiter. The recruiter asked me a few questions and then set up a f2f interview the next day. It was supposed to be a panel interview, but ended up just being one person and lasted over an hour.

Interview Questions

• I was asked several situational questions pertaining to customer service. Seems like they are looking for empathy and problem solving skills. Make sure you have several different scenarios in your mind about difficult customers and how you were able to handle them.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Lubbock, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at AT&T (Lubbock, TX) in August 2013.

Interview

There was an over the phone interview and then a call back for testing. After the testing process was completed and provided you passed the tests then an actual person spoke to you live. They ask minimal questions and set up an interview with a call center manager. They manager doesn't really ask questions so much as gives you a brief run down of how the call center works.

Anonymous Employee in Pueblo, CO

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at AT&T (Pueblo, CO) in June 2015.

Interview

The interview process was great. It was a very comfortable environment.i felt like i connected with the person giving the interview. I wasn't overly nervous like i am going into most new jobs.

Interview Questions

• I was asked about keyboard shortcuts and how good i am with them.   1 Answer

Customer Service Representative I Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at AT&T.

Interview

After completing the job application online, I was invited via to schedule an interview. The interview lasted for about 45 minutes. Interview questions consisted mainly of behavioral questions, but also included knowledge of the company and my how I would be a benefit to the company. I received a response within 2 days.

Anonymous Employee in Boardman, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at AT&T (Boardman, OH) in January 2014.

Interview

Hiring is the most ridiculous process. You test like your getting to get in the CIA only to wait and wait and wait for further emails of ongoing status updates.

Interview Questions

• they use the STAR method. Google it.   1 Answer
    • How would you help a customer upset over losing their phone information.   1 Answer

Negotiation

They pay based on experience.

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at AT&T (Los Angeles, CA) in April 2015.

Interview

Application was done online, Group interview a week later , site Test/Interview on same day if your pass the test. 3 days later received call for job offer,bckgrnd and Drug Screening. Process 3-4weeks.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about your experience using multiple windows to handle a problem.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Arlington Heights, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at AT&T (Arlington Heights, IL) in August 2015.

Interview

The whole process took about month and a half to start working.
    After applying I got call from HR for a phone interview. They let you know the next day if they are going to proceed with the hiring process or not.
    After that they call you for face to face interview with the manager.
    After that they take about 3-4 days to let you know if you got hired or not.
    If you get hired you have to go through background check which took the most time ( about a week)
    Take drug test and if everything goes good you get called in for 2 week training.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work at AT&T?
      Tell us about a time when you had to go out of way to help a customer?
      Do you know what MIS, BVOIP is?
      Do you know what IP address look like?   1 Answer

Negotiation

Pay was not negotiable