AT&T Customer Service Representative Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jan 21, 2018

2.6

163 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at AT&T (New York, NY) in January 2018.

Interview

Was the strangest experience ever. I went in for a "Priority Hiring" event. This was after I submitted my application online, was accepted and then went on to pass the assessments.

I entered the building and was asked to take a seat, I waited for about half an hour before I had someone come up to me. This gentleman named Jared I believe, sat me down and told me that based upon the "algorithms of the system" that I was not accepted for the job.

He told me that maybe its because I was in sales. I proceeded to tell him that my current job is actually customer service and I have 8+years in the industry. I work two jobs from 3pm-3am, and only one job when I'm in school.

From there he continues to mock my restaurant experience, saying that maybe he will come by and I can serve him. He also brings up my second job as an Uber driver. He tells me that "self-driving cars" are taking over and that I'll be out of a job. Then I'm rushed out with him saying they are looking for people who are ready for success?

Idk what position Jared holds, but he needs to get off his high horse, you think a little too highly of yourself bud.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for AT&T

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Oklahoma City, OK

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at AT&T (Oklahoma City, OK) in November 2017.

Interview

I applied on indeed.com, the company contacted me via text the following day. I had a face-to-face interview the following week, on the day of the face-to-face interview I had to take a personality test as well as a math/critical thinking test which had 50 questions. I arrived 15 minutes early as I was walking out there were 3 other candidates applying for the same position, I felt as if my interviewer rushed through the process. All in all typical interview.

Customer Service Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at AT&T.

Interview

Quick and easy. Simple questions. Got there early waited in the lobby for about 10 minutes, afterwards when I was called back she asked about my background and why I should be chosen over other candidates.

Customer Service Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at AT&T.

Interview

face to face, took 3 weeks..drug test and it was very easy, tour of company, and side by side with another rep....went well met other supervisors and sat with a rep to get a feel for the calls

Anonymous Employee in Huntington, WV

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at AT&T (Huntington, WV) in October 2017.

Interview

The hiring process with the company is honestly all over the place. I went to an open interview event they had and took a quick IQ assessment. Shortly after we took a tour of the office and after the tour me and the other candidates were told if we passed or failed or not ( I passed) and to expect a call back in a few days move on to the next hire process ( aka face to face interview). I waited about a week then received a call back for a phone interview and after that I was scheduled for a face to face interview in the next couple days. I went to the face to face interview and it went well in terms of how smooth the questions and role plays went. After that a few days went by before I received a call from the hiring manager who broke down what I needed to do to start working. Long story short I had to pass a background check and drug test(I did). I’m doing so I was told I’d here back from him soon on the start date. Literally 3 months later he calls me back and is like “ Hey! I sorta forgot about you, sorry. Your start date is tomorrow”. Everything leading up until the last step was a absolute pain and unnecessarily long, cause the staff is either lazy or they forgot to do their job.

Interview Questions

• If a customer called and immediately asked to speak with a supervisor, how would you calm the customer down?   Answer Question
    • When do you recall a time to where a customer was extremely frustrated at their services? What did you do to help and role play fashion, how did it go?   Answer Question

Customer Service Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at AT&T in September 2017.

Interview

Asked me multiple simple questions about what I would do in certain situations. Listened to phone calls and gave them my opinion on the call and what i would do differently.

Anonymous Employee in Greensboro, NC

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at AT&T (Greensboro, NC) in August 2017.

Interview

The application process was kinda extensive.it took them about 2 weeks to email me for the the assessment. The assessment was different then what I'm used to. It had a speed memory test and sorry behavioral test but overall it wasn't very hard if you are a quick learner. Ager the assessment, a recruiter called me about 3 days later and said I tested well and he offered a brief phone screening. The phone screening was simply a description of the position and would I be interested. After the phone screening, he offered me an in person interview for the Brett next morning. The interview was about 45 minutes long and consisted of experience and behavioral questions. I think it went very well and the interviewer was very laid back.

Interview Questions

• How do you deal with learning new things on the job.   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Baton Rouge, LA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at AT&T (Baton Rouge, LA) in August 2017.

Interview

10 min conversation (hiring manager was racist and very nonchalant i felt very disrespected because i was being interviewed at a place where the whole crew was white and not one black person)

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sunrise, FL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at AT&T (Sunrise, FL) in July 2017.

Interview

Interview involves: Telling me about you , Scenario question (5) and Skills and Question you have for interviewer. Just making sure you can handle customers that are going to be irate etc etc .. if you have had a customer service position it is all the same.

Interview Questions

• How do you handle a irate customer   1 Answer

Customer Service Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at AT&T.

Interview

Applied online, got an email a few hours later asking me to do an assessment. Consisted of some memory questions and a personality quiz. Got an email a few hours later to schedule a phone screen for a week later. Got a call from a recruiter for the phone screen who went over the position and asked me about my experience after that she scheduled me an interview with the hiring manager. The interview took place 5 days later with two managers at the call center. After that I recieved an email 3 days later saying I got the job based on passing a drug screen and background check. The background check took a week. It is very rigorous so be prepared to have w2s or paystubs handy if they arent able to verifiy past employment. A week later I got an email with my offer letter and start date! Very straightforward process the recruiter is your best friend dont be afraid to call them with any questions you have!

Interview Questions

• How did you change a customers mind on a product?   1 Answer