AT&T Customer Support Specialist Interview Questions | Glassdoor

AT&T Customer Support Specialist Interview Questions

2.7

Anonymous Employee in Memphis, TN

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at AT&T (Memphis, TN).

Interview

Initially you take tests on the computer regarding situations given by customers in a simulation. After passing there is a face to face interview to get to know who you are.

Interview Questions

• I had to do a quick basic test of my knowledge around a phone. How do you find a IMEI number   2 Answers

Negotiation

N/A

Other Interview Reviews for AT&T

Customer Support Specialist Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at AT&T.

Interview

Training is six weeks. Basic interview questions. Training is usually Monday thru Friday but after training it is highly unlikely that you will be working that same shift. Most will work a later shift.

Interview Questions

• Name a time when you went out of the way for a customer.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Bothell, WA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at AT&T (Bothell, WA).

Interview

It was a regular interview with the questions such as tell me about yourself and others like that. Interviewer was very easy going and I had a good experience, moved to the next hiring process the next day with a conditional offer, from the recruiter and was promised a employment based on a background check and drug screen.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at AT&T (New York, NY) in January 2015.

Interview

I applied and I would say it took a month for me to hear back from this company. I received an email from a recruiter regarding my resume and we did an over the phone interview to see if I was fit for this position. She set up a interview a hiring manger and I would have to say it was very easy.

Interview Questions

• Most of the questions in the interview are based on work history   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Baton Rouge, LA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at AT&T (Baton Rouge, LA) in October 2014.

Interview

They lead you on, but don't hire you! They will call you in for a interview already knowing that you aren't qualified for the position. Its a horrible company, and they're overcharging customers on purpose! Sucky place!

Anonymous Employee in Oklahoma City, OK

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at AT&T (Oklahoma City, OK) in August 2014.

Interview

Depends on who you get. Interviewers are all managers. They were down to earth. HR calls, you get phone interview then personal interview. Lastly a callback and email if you get chosen.

Interview Questions

• What have you done to go above and beyond for a customer?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Memphis, TN

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at AT&T (Memphis, TN) in August 2014.

Interview

Applied online. Took skills assessment and passed week later a got a call for an interview at the location for the following week. When I arrived I signed in with the guard there were other people there waiting to be interviewed. The guy that interviewed me was very nice he allowed me time to think of an answer to the questions he asked, my offer was in my email contingent on passing background check from hireright. Had to submit documentation to verify my work history Interview in Aug started training in Nov.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Did not negotiate

Anonymous Employee in Baton Rouge, LA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at AT&T (Baton Rouge, LA) in August 2014.

Interview

Application, Test, Phone Interview, In Person Interview - very laid back.. Questions pertained to company and position, situational questions. Overall the interview was average and a very good experience. Great company to work for.

Interview Questions

• How would you deal with irate customers?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Ocean Springs, MS

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 days. I interviewed at AT&T (Ocean Springs, MS) in July 2014.

Interview

I originally thought I was no longer being considered for this position after receiving an email stating that the posting had closed and any applicants that had applied to that posting would no longer be considered. After 2 weeks however, I received a phone call from someone asking if I was still interested in the position and was able to set up an interview.

The interview process was pretty straight-forward. However I was not interviewed by the person who was in charge of extending job offers. The person interviewing had a packet of questions that she could chose from and wrote down my responses.

Pretty standard interview questions such as :
    - tell me about a time that you calmed down an irate customer. what techniques did you use?
    - what do you find challenging about working with multiple software programs at once?
    - what did you not like about your previous job?

After interviewing me the woman asked if I had a few moments and was able to have a manager (I can't remember what type of manager she was) meet with me. The manager was primarily interested in my previous call center experience and what I did not like about my last call center. I meet with this manager for about a total of 5 minutes out of the hour that I was there.

Once I finished speaking with the manager, I was told that I would contacted by the person in charge of extending the job offers.

I was asked on a Thursday for a interview. I interviewed on Monday and late Tuesday night was sent an email with a conditional job offer with it pending on background check and drug screen.

Interview Questions

• How do you interpret policies and procedures?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at AT&T (Seattle, WA) in July 2014.

Interview

Interview was about 30 minutes. The guy that interviewed me was more interested in my looks than what I had to say. Just be professional, have a great voice and attitude.

Interview Questions

• Simulate how you would deal with a call when a customer is yelling and angry   1 Answer