AT&T Interview Questions in Dallas, TX | Glassdoor

Updated Jun 22, 2017

2.9

Internship Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at AT&T (Dallas, TX).

Interview

Very quick and efficient once they got the ball rolling. After accepting my offer they quickly on-boarded me and got all the necessary paperwork over. Very painless experience. Interview process was scheduled a week in advanced so I had time to prepare. It was in-person on location.

Interview Questions

• Asked about personal work and how it was applicable to the work that they were doing.   Answer Question

Financial Leadership Program (FLP) Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at AT&T (Dallas, TX) in November 2016.

Interview

I applied through my MBA program. First step was an on campus interview, this person was not in finance and the interview was entirely behavioral and to determine whether I was a cultural fit or not.

Next, within a few days, I was notified that I had been selected to move on and to complete a virtual interview. There were 6 questions that were prerecorded, they were a mix of behavioral and finance (Tell me what you learned from our latest earnings announcement?)

Lastly, I was flown out to Dallas to deliver a 20 minute presentation and the prompt was: "How would you position AT&T to win the market in both the short and long-term?" The presentation was followed by 10 minutes of Q&A, luckily, they panelists didn't ask any questions in an attempt to throw me off, they mainly just want to see if you can think on your feet.

It's important to not BS an answer if you don't know it, since the panelists are very smart senior finance employees. They brought 17 of us in, and they hoped 15 people would start the next year, so factoring in the fact that some people will not take offers, I wouldn't be surprised if every person got an offer. I think they just want to ensure you relatively competent and can present.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about what you learned from our latest earnings.
      Typical behavioral questions, only a few on the questions were finance related.
      Answer Question

Leadership Development Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at AT&T (Dallas, TX) in October 2016.

Interview

First interview is in person on campus. It is relaxed and full of behavioral questions but there is leeway to talk about experiences and other things. The second interview is online with prerecorded questions and you have 3 seconds before you give a 2 minute reply. Third round is at the location of the internship - this part is the hardest but most fun.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about a time where you had to be honest and the after affects were not what you expected?   Answer Question

StudentTechnical Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at AT&T (Dallas, TX).

Interview

Interview process was very easy. Primarily it was a personality interview, to see if I would be a good fit for the company. Asked basic questions (name a time you had a problem in a group setting etc.)

technical interview was non-existent other than a few abstract questions.

Interview Questions

• Differences between Java and C   1 Answer

Data Scientist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at AT&T (Dallas, TX) in September 2016.

Interview

I was approached by a AT&T Technical Recruiter through LinkedIn. He called eight minutes late and did not even apologise. The recruiter did not bother ask me about my background. He started off with his rehearsed list. The questions felt like they were being lifted off of an online application form including ratings of skillset based on expertise and experience. The next step was to submit my profile to the Directors of AT&T to move forward in the process. I didn't hear back from the recruiter and when asked, he said they had planned not to go for my application as they had more experienced candidates.

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at AT&T (Dallas, TX) in September 2016.

Interview

Applied online and took a test. Got an email and set up a interview about 1 month after applying. Went into a at&t store and interviewed with a manager.

AT&T Retail Sales Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at AT&T (Dallas, TX) in August 2016.

Interview

Quick and straight to the point, but friendly and relaxed environment. The manager was very cool and provided details regarding the position applied for. Pay, opportunity to grow within the company, and a typical day as an employee was all covered. The questions were all "experienced-based" which required an answer the proved me capable of handling the job.

Interview Questions

• Name a time when you had to reach a sales goal as a team member working with others?   Answer Question

Negotiation

There was no negotiating with the pay that I was offered since it is a base+commission job.

Strategic Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at AT&T (Dallas, TX).

Interview

Round Table Group Interview to begin with. Followed by 2 phone evaluations/assessments - Sales. Upon successful sign off by HR and Sales Evaluation. There were three onsite Interviews. First one consisted of two Sales Managers--- 2nd one was with Director Level --- Final interview was with VP Level.

Interview Questions

• Sales background, previous successful projects-customers won.   Answer Question

Negotiation

I was able to negotiate a small increase in base pay only.

AT&T Retail Sales Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at AT&T (Dallas, TX) in March 2016.

Interview

interview process was short, from the time a recruiter called me to my start date was less than a week and a half total. i was over qualified for the position as i came from a competitor however it was still a quick and easy process. However once i got to training i noticed its because you dont have to have much skill. After training i found out why they have such high turn over. Perhaps they SHOULD be more thorough during interviews....

Retail Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at AT&T (Dallas, TX) in February 2016.

Interview

There was three interviews total. The first was over the phone with the recruiter. This was where expectations were set, but didnt follow through. The base salary that was promised was significantly reduced. The later interviews couldn't verify my salary because it wasn't in there department. The second and third interview was back to back. They accomidated my situation and moved the interview forward, that was a bonus I didn't anticipate. The second interview was in person in a Dallas retail store. The recruiter asked very standard interview questions. The one curveball that he threw at me was asking me to teach him something. The third interview was again standard, but with the store managers that I would be working with.

Interview Questions

• What do you know about AT&T?

Why choose AT&T?

Describe a time where you faced adversity in a team environment.

Teach me something I don't know
      Answer Question