AT&T AT&T Premises Technician Interview Questions | Glassdoor

AT&T AT&T Premises Technician Interview Questions

7 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

ATT Premise Technician Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Ramon, CA

Application

I interviewed at AT&T (San Ramon, CA) in December 2015.

Interview

I applied online via ATT Career website late Nov 2015, then received an email about a week later requesting that I complete an online assessment test. Its basically about logical reasoning and your understanding of rotational/pulley systems.

I was contacted within a week via email that I had pass the test and should go ahead and schedule an appointment at a specified location. I just got back from the appointment session at San Ramon today, Dec 3, 2015. It turns out that the appointment was more of an interview process, where a group of interviewers go over the job description and benefits, and thereafter engaged individual candidate on a one -on-one interview process. After the interview, I was informed that HR will give an update within 2weeks. Hopefully, I get an offer

Interview Questions

• How did you and your colleague implement a safety control standard at place of work recently?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for AT&T

AT&T Premise Technician Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at AT&T (San Diego, CA).

Interview

Applied online, within a week I was emailed and asked to answer a questioner, it basically was a personality test. Once I submitted that took about a month before was contacted again and was to go take a Field Technician Test. Was not too hard of a test, color code, twisted pairs, mechanical leverage. Knew immediately after the test if I had passed. About a month later was asked to come in for an interview. RJP Real job preview explaining the job, the benefits and what is required. Was also the individually interviewed and asked 4 questions. Discribe a situation, describe a time when type of questions. Now waiting to hear if hired or now as just completed this last part.

Interview Questions

• Nothing too difficult. Maybe the last 4 questions where you have to describe a situation, but if you review and practice for those should be somewhat easy.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at AT&T (Dallas, TX) in April 2013.

Interview

First went downtown to take test. Passed test, now waiting on one on one interview.

Anonymous Employee in Louisville, KY

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at AT&T (Louisville, KY) in October 2012.

Interview

Group job preview. After the group preview applicants are then interviewed individually. The interviews are slightly subjective because not all of the applicants are interviewed by the same manager. After that interview, your interview questionnaire that the manager was working off of will be submitted to the Sr. Staffing manager along with any supporting documentation (bring a current resume and something in addition, if not part of the resume, that highlights your wiring experience). After that you will be contacted by the staffing manager to go over your application/resume (basically the final interview, they have all of your information in front of them, but want to hear it from you) and make a make a determination on starting pay.

Interview Questions

• How did you deal with an upset/angry customer in the past? How will your education help you with this job?   Answer Question

Negotiation

Minimal negotiating room, the best advise would be to really play yourself and your abilities/experiences up in the interviews. The Staffing manager makes the final decision on starting pay, really stress how your previous experiences will bring what AT&T is looking for -- this will help you get near the starting pay cap.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at AT&T (Dallas, TX) in September 2012.

Interview

Travel to take required tests. Wait a couple of weeks to be contacted for Job overview and one on one interview.

Interview Questions

• Describe how you resolved an irate customer in your previous job.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fort Lauderdale, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at AT&T (Fort Lauderdale, FL) in August 2012.

Interview

I had applied 3 times before as the job posting closes out every 3 months or so. I was asked to via email to take the PremTech test. Basic electronics/wiring and simple physics puzzles and questions. Passed. Did not get contacted but test stated on file. I applied June 9 to the June 1 posting for Broward County. My application was updated fairly quickly but heard nothing until August 2. I was asked to come in on August 8 for a RJP and a 1 on 1 interview with a manager. I was called August 9 for schedule a phone interview on Monday August 13.

Interview Questions

• Only 4 questions. What is your experience? How have you dealt with a difficult customer? A time you had to demonstrate a product? A time you had a problem at work and how was it resolved.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Raleigh, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at AT&T (Raleigh, NC) in August 2011.

Interview

Applied for the position through the web via the company website. AT&T sent me for testing which I passed and contacted me about a month later for background check, physical, and drug testing. Afterward I attended an RJP (realistic job preview) in which the management explained how terrible the job was and met with us one on one. I passed the interview and accepted the job offer then went to orientation and training school.

Interview Questions

• The interviewer used scenarios in about the customer experience such as; Tell me about a time when you failed at work, or Tell me about your experience with an unhappy customer and how did you resolve the situation?   Answer Question

Negotiation

HR mandated the rate of pay and there was no option to negotiate.