AT&T AT&T Retail Sales Consultant Interview Questions | Glassdoor

AT&T AT&T Retail Sales Consultant Interview Questions

Updated Feb 26, 2017

2.7

AT&T Retail Sales Consultant Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at AT&T.

Interview

I initially applied for the position. I took the assessment. I received an email to pick a phone interview date. And now I'm currently in the stage of a one on one interview.

Interview Questions

• You were in a different field before, so what makes you choose retail and marketing now?   1 Answer
  • Tell me a little bit about your job history?   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for AT&T

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Oklahoma City, OK

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at AT&T (Oklahoma City, OK) in January 2017.

Interview

Very brief and relatively easy. First a phone interview, then an in-store interview with the Hiring Manager. I am in the interview process now and am still waiting for them to finish budgeting for the year. After that, they will know which store to place me in.

Interview Questions

• Do you think that you can handle an attainable, but difficult sales quota each month?   Answer Question

AT&T Retail Sales Consultant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at AT&T.

Interview

Phone interview, face interview, then they will call you from the store that is going to hire ( normally the Store Manager) then once you get through these steps then you do a drug screen. Then it off to training for 3 weeks.

Interview Questions

• Treat the interview as a sales call and you are pretty much selling your self to your future boss why you should be hired.   6 Answers

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at AT&T (Houston, TX) in November 2016.

Interview

Interview process was very vague and traditional. It did not take more than 45 minutes. They ask whether you have any sales experience. Why you're choosing at&t versus the leading competition.

Interview Questions

• If you have an angry costumer, how would you handle that situation?   Answer Question

AT&T Retail Sales Consultant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at AT&T.

Interview

The post interview quiz was ridiculous. Made you feel like crap. The questions asked seemed like they wanted you to fail and that they wouldn't hire you because you answered one wrong.

Interview Questions

• Would you fire an employee for taking something that was less than or equal to $1   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Covington, KY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at AT&T (Covington, KY).

Interview

It's actually a fairly easy process. You put in an application through the website to a store that is hiring, they will then send an email asking you to take two assessment tests online within 5 days. If you pass those, you will get an email asking to set up a time and date for a phone screening with a staffing manager. Mine called and pretty much wanted to know about myself and what I enjoyed doing, if I had any achievements. It wasn't really about work history, they just want to gage your personality over the phone. If you get through that, he/she will set up a date and time for you to meet (in person or over Skype/Facetime) with the regional hiring manager for a more formal interview.

I actually got to have a face to face interview because she happened to be traveling through my area a week later. They'll ask the normal retail/sales interview questions. The only one that caught me off guard was when she asked me to explain to her in detail how to do something. It can be about anything you know too, I explained how to bake something and she happened to like that. After the interview I was told that I'd either hear from her between 2 to 7 days or I'd get an email telling me that I wasn't choosen to move on to the next step in the process. She ended up calling me not even a half hour later and set me up with an interview with the store manager and area (district) manager. Told me to be just as energetic and to bring two copies of my resume.

I went to said interview today and it was different to say the least. I had to sit in front of two store managers from two separate stores and the district manager. It's a bit more informal. They go over your resume with you and ask different questions about it. I was then asked if I could pass a drug test and background check, also if I was okay with traveling for training. I was also asked if I could meet assignment deadlines because you'll have assignments to do during training and if you don't meet those deadlines, you'll be fired on the spot. Other than that, they asked if I had reliable transportation and if I could make it to work on time every day.

At the end they said that they are in the process of interviewing others and I'd get a call within 2 days if they want to hire me. If not, then I'd get an email saying they found someone else. I hope I get it, wish me luck!

Interview Questions

• Explain a time where you went above and beyond for a customer.   1 Answer
    • Explain in steps how to do something.   Answer Question
    • Have you ever had to persuade an employee to do something for you. If yes, what was it?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at AT&T (Houston, TX) in October 2016.

Interview

They drill you with questions about whether or not you would steal, and then judge you from how you answered, but the answers you're choosing from were written out (and approved) by individuals "trying to catch you", which makes all answers subject to a perspective. Hence, AT&T thinks they're filtering out "bad fish" when they're actually ruining themselves from hiring people who get nervous trying to answer correctly but getting thrown things like "What percentage of people would assist in a mass robbery by leaving doors unlocked, spotting disguised security guards etc."

Well AT&T hopefully not a lot, I'm just a tech-savy person who's fluent in English and Chinese and looking for a decent job while continuing education in computer science. But sure, let's let software and (weirdly predatory) statistical analysis judge human character.

The funniest part is, I never even took or submitted a criminal background check! Guess what? Zero criminal history well would you look at that.

AT&T truly exemplifies how the 2016 hiring process is automated in all the wrong ways.

Interview Questions

• I encourage anyone to take the assessment and go through the experience   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Miami, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at AT&T (Miami, FL).

Interview

I applied online. A couple of weeks later, after receiving and email that I was not selected for an interview I got a call. About 30 minutes later and numerous questions I had an interview in person. I had to interview with the Regional Hiring manager, regional manager, store manager, assistant manager before getting an offer. Thirty days passed and I was accepted into training and I was hired. I stayed for 5 years before resigning.

Interview Questions

• Treat the interview as a sales call and you are pretty much selling your self to your future boss why you should be hired.   Answer Question

AT&T Retail Sales Consultant Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at AT&T.

Interview

You first take a personality test to show you are a personality fit for the day to day life in sales. If you pass that, the second round is to meet with a travelling recruiter who does the primary interview. After, I met with the store manager and received an offer.

AT&T Retail Sales Consultant Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at AT&T.

Interview

Took two online tests, received a phone call talking about the position and then got a call from an in store manager to schedule an interview. This was all in a two week time period. One week after the interview I got a job offer. Background and drug test took another week. After all that was done my training date was set.

Interview Questions

• What does AT&T offer as a company that other competitors do not?   Answer Question