AT&T AT&T Retail Sales Consultant Interview Questions | Glassdoor

AT&T AT&T Retail Sales Consultant Interview Questions

2.7

352 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

AT&T Retail Sales Consultant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at AT&T in August 2016.

Interview

Applied online, received email for in-store interview a few days later. Completed face to face interview with store manager and an assistant manager. Completed bilingual assessment by phone. Received an offer about two weeks later. Turned down first offer because it was Part Time, received another Full Time offer about two weeks later from that point. Currently in process of background check and have accepted the tentative offer.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a customer interaction that you were especially proud of   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for AT&T

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cleveland, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at AT&T (Cleveland, OH) in September 2016.

Interview

First you have a phone interview with a recruiter. You then go on to have your interview in any of their store locations (not necessarily the one you applied to) with the recruiter and general manager for that store. Lastly, you have an interview with the regional manager and they make the decision from there.

Interview Questions

• What didn't you like about your previous job?
      Why AT&T?
      What are some ways that you were able to help a customer with a problem they were having with merchandise they purchased from your company?   Answer Question

The interviews and the people I interviewed with really turned me off.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Covington, KY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at AT&T (Covington, KY).

Interview

It's actually a fairly easy process. You put in an application through the website to a store that is hiring, they will then send an email asking you to take two assessment tests online within 5 days. If you pass those, you will get an email asking to set up a time and date for a phone screening with a staffing manager. Mine called and pretty much wanted to know about myself and what I enjoyed doing, if I had any achievements. It wasn't really about work history, they just want to gage your personality over the phone. If you get through that, he/she will set up a date and time for you to meet (in person or over Skype/Facetime) with the regional hiring manager for a more formal interview.

I actually got to have a face to face interview because she happened to be traveling through my area a week later. They'll ask the normal retail/sales interview questions. The only one that caught me off guard was when she asked me to explain to her in detail how to do something. It can be about anything you know too, I explained how to bake something and she happened to like that. After the interview I was told that I'd either hear from her between 2 to 7 days or I'd get an email telling me that I wasn't choosen to move on to the next step in the process. She ended up calling me not even a half hour later and set me up with an interview with the store manager and area (district) manager. Told me to be just as energetic and to bring two copies of my resume.

I went to said interview today and it was different to say the least. I had to sit in front of two store managers from two separate stores and the district manager. It's a bit more informal. They go over your resume with you and ask different questions about it. I was then asked if I could pass a drug test and background check, also if I was okay with traveling for training. I was also asked if I could meet assignment deadlines because you'll have assignments to do during training and if you don't meet those deadlines, you'll be fired on the spot. Other than that, they asked if I had reliable transportation and if I could make it to work on time every day.

At the end they said that they are in the process of interviewing others and I'd get a call within 2 days if they want to hire me. If not, then I'd get an email saying they found someone else. I hope I get it, wish me luck!

Interview Questions

• Explain a time where you went above and beyond for a customer.   1 Answer
    • Explain in steps how to do something.   Answer Question
    • Have you ever had to persuade an employee to do something for you. If yes, what was it?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Odessa, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at AT&T (Odessa, TX) in October 2015.

Interview

Long, be patient. (took me 2.5 months to start after the first interview)

There's 3 different interviews:
    The intial
    The interview with hiring manager
    The RJP (Realistic Job Preview)
    The meeting with the Store manager

Extensive background check

AT&T Retail Sales Consultant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at AT&T.

Interview

The post interview quiz was ridiculous. Made you feel like crap. The questions asked seemed like they wanted you to fail and that they wouldn't hire you because you answered one wrong.

Interview Questions

• Would you fire an employee for taking something that was less than or equal to $1   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at AT&T (Houston, TX) in October 2016.

Interview

They drill you with questions about whether or not you would steal, and then judge you from how you answered, but the answers you're choosing from were written out (and approved) by individuals "trying to catch you", which makes all answers subject to a perspective. Hence, AT&T thinks they're filtering out "bad fish" when they're actually ruining themselves from hiring people who get nervous trying to answer correctly but getting thrown things like "What percentage of people would assist in a mass robbery by leaving doors unlocked, spotting disguised security guards etc."

Well AT&T hopefully not a lot, I'm just a tech-savy person who's fluent in English and Chinese and looking for a decent job while continuing education in computer science. But sure, let's let software and (weirdly predatory) statistical analysis judge human character.

The funniest part is, I never even took or submitted a criminal background check! Guess what? Zero criminal history well would you look at that.

AT&T truly exemplifies how the 2016 hiring process is automated in all the wrong ways.

Interview Questions

• I encourage anyone to take the assessment and go through the experience   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at AT&T (Houston, TX) in November 2016.

Interview

Interview process was very vague and traditional. It did not take more than 45 minutes. They ask whether you have any sales experience. Why you're choosing at&t versus the leading competition.

Interview Questions

• If you have an angry costumer, how would you handle that situation?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Las Vegas, NV

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at AT&T (Las Vegas, NV) in October 2014.

Interview

It was quick and to the point. They asked basic questions about previous experiences I demonstrated leadership, ingenuity, and integrity. They ask why I would want to work with the company. Also, they advised me of how the pay structure and promotion structure works.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Danville, KY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at AT&T (Danville, KY) in August 2016.

Interview

2 phone interviews, one in person. They were desperate and laid back. They were opening a new store and I think they just wanted to get new bodies in the store quickly. The manager was fake and nice in the interview, but she definitely isn't in real life. Other people that got hired around the same time as me had to interview with multiple managers, but I only interviewed with one. Basically if you are young, like technology, and have Sales experience, they will hire you.

Anonymous Employee in Enid, OK

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at AT&T (Enid, OK) in August 2014.

Interview

First there was a preliminary phone interview with HR. After I passed that, they scheduled an appointment with me for later that week to have an official phone interview with the hiring manager for the region. The next day, they had me interview at the store with the manager. A few days letter I received the welcome to the team email. The initial contact took about 2 weeks, so the total time from application to start was about 4 weeks.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time you had to help a difficult customer   1 Answer