AT&T AT&T Retail Sales Consultant Interview Questions | Glassdoor

AT&T AT&T Retail Sales Consultant Interview Questions

Interviews at AT&T

2.8

Anonymous Employee in College Station, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at AT&T (College Station, TX) in June 2013.

Interview

Comprehensive review about affinity for technology, moral/ethical situations, goals. The questions were geared towards moral situations and your initial gut reaction to how to perform - specifically with regards to employee theft. They asked a lot about previous sales experience and how competition fed into your motivation. There was also some questions about immediacy of when I was able to attend their month long training seminar.

Interview Questions

• What is your relationship with technology?   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for AT&T

AT&Amp; T Retail Sales Consultant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at AT&T.

Interview

Contacted by email scheduling a Skype interview within a week. Lasted about 25 minutes. Nice interviewer, Skyle was not working. Had a phone interview instead.

Interview Questions

• Why At&t?

Describe a difficult customer interaction and how did you resolve the issue   Answer Question

AT&Amp; T Retail Sales Consultant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at AT&T in April 2016.

Interview

Applied online and about a week and half later received a call from one of the hiring managers and she gave me a brief phone interview it took about 20 minutes and then she set up a face to face interview with a hiring manager a week later. The interview went pretty well she was very polite and professional and asked me a lot of role playing questions which were pretty simple if you have past retail experience just be honest about your past experiences in former jobs you've had in customer service and you should be good. Also, ask a lot of questions about the company they'd be more than happy to answer them and it shows that your interested to know more about the company. After that interview she emailed me the next day and set up and interview the week after with a store manager and an area manager. The interview was pretty much the same, they asked similar role playing questions and they were also very nice and they don't make you feel uncomfortable in any way just be yourself and be confident in your answers and you will be good. After the interview with them, about 2 days later the first hiring manager I interviewed with sent me an email asking me to take a language assessment since I applied for a bilingual position, so I went in the very next day and took it. It was pretty simple it was over the phone at the store and they just asked questions and you had to answer them in the other language that you speak but you aren't bilingual that part doesn't apply to you. So a few days later, I received a call with an offer! Yes it is a very time consuming process but they invest a lot of money on each of their employees so they want to make sure they make the right choices with who they're hiring and that's why if you want this job you need to really do your homework and make a good impression. Nothing worth having comes easy!

Interview Questions

• Was there anything about your previous employment that you didn't like?
      Was there ever a time when your previous manager made a decision that you didn't agree with? If so, how did you handle it?
      How do you react to criticism?
      Tell me about a time you went above and beyond with a customer.   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Huntsville, AL

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at AT&T (Huntsville, AL) in March 2012.

Interview

Really the time frame is based on how quickly they need a rep. Mine took 3 months. Some takes 3 days.
    Personality quiz.
    You will receive 2 phone interviews first depending on your hiring manager. You will then have a face to face with the hiring manager. After that you will have a final with the Store manger.
    Congrats your hired.

Background check,drug screen

Interview Questions

• How do you handle pressure?

How do you feel about meeting a goal or expectation?

Tell us a little about you?

Give examples of how you work independently.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Indianapolis, IN

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at AT&T (Indianapolis, IN) in April 2016.

Interview

I had prepared several typical interview questions and practiced.
    I had two interviews, neither of them asked the typical questions.
    The first interview was over Skype and I felt it was successful, there wasn't the normal stress since I was at home and we weren't face to face.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a difficult time you had with a customer.   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Mobile, AL

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at AT&T (Mobile, AL) in April 2016.

Interview

I applied on the for the position a week later received a call from a recruiter. Set up the initial interview with HR. Then the following day met with the Store Manager. The recruiter did do a phone screen over the phone prior to setting up the interview. Normal HR Questions, Why would you be a good fit for this company. Can you work nights and weekends. Is your schedule flexible. etc

Interview Questions

• Name a time when you had to difficult customer to land a sale?   Answer Question
    • Name a time your manager had to coach you on something you needed to improve? How did you handle that? What was the end result?   Answer Question
    • Your last tech purchase what was your specific requirements that you wanted to be met for that gadget? Also what do you use your cell phone for?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Lafayette, LA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at AT&T (Lafayette, LA) in May 2013.

Interview

The job interview was held in person by the regional sales manager, one on one. This was the easiest interview I've ever experienced. Remember to read your interviewer, it's a skill; but, worth the effort to learn. AT&T has been "in bed" with Apple since Apple was exclusively selling their products via AT&T. The interviewer talked and asked questions, all the while entering my responses and his accompanying information on his iPad (which, as a tech savvy person, I can tell you is highly inefficient to type with). So, naturally, I asked permission to take notes and immediately pulled out my Samsung Note and began taking notes and entering information on my own mobile device.
    I saw it in his eyes, as soon as I had done that, I had the job. He was looking for my practical experience more than my answers after that. I got the job!

Interview Questions

• Tell me a time when you had to deal with an unhappy customer.   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Louisville, KY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at AT&T (Louisville, KY) in February 2013.

Interview

One phone interview and then a scheduled interview face to face at a store near with the hiring manager, if you're called back for the third interview it is with the district manager for the area and then if you are liked you've got the job and have the opportunity to travel for training.

Interview Questions

• Whats one word to describe yourself?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Baltimore, MD

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at AT&T (Baltimore, MD) in November 2015.

Interview

SO here is my detailed process of my hiring experience with AT&T :)
    I applied online at att.jobs. The application was just like any other - except you have to take a personality test after submitting your normal information. After that - they determine if you're a good fit for the position. After that, I got an email the next day asking if I was still interested in interviewing for the position and if so, to email the recruiter within 1 business day. I immediately emailed the recruiter and got a call the following day to schedule a Skype/Factime interview with the hiring manager. This interview was scheduled for 3 days later. The lady that I interviewed with was nice but you could tell that she was about business. It was VERY formal with a lot of questions about why I wanted to work in retail, since I had no experience, and why I wanted to work for AT&T specifically. There were also a lot of questions about my previous work experience and some situational regarding working with "difficult" customers and my ability to sell. I was also given a scenario to show whether I had sales skills or not. I thought I did well, but was not sure. Towards the end of the interview she told me that she had nothing else for me and if I had any questions.. BE SURE TO ASK QUESTIONS RELATED TO THE POSITION. It shows you are interested and want to know as much as you can. Following my questions, she explained that if I was moving on to the next round of interviewing that I would receive a phone call from her in the next 24-48 hours and if NOT I wouldn't receive a call at all from anyone. This bothered me but I said it was a pleasure speaking with her and we got off of our video connection. Immediately following I wrote a thank you letter to her email address and not 5 mins past pressing send she called me back saying that the store manager wanted to meet with me the very next day! I was super excited!
    Now this interview was VERY informal. I went to the store dressed in a suit jacket, dress pants with heels - I had copies of my resume' ready and was very much looking forward to the next step. I went in and met with the store manager and two of the assistant mangers. They were all very friendly and welcoming. The store manager asked me to tell him a little about myself and then I met with some of my "soon to be" co-workers. They were all really friendly. During this time, I believe the managers are watching to see how well you interact with people. Make sure you speak to most of the employees at the store and seem interested in whatever they speak with you about. IT'S A TEST. I was there for about an hour and a half when the manager approached me and asked if I had anymore questions. I told him no, asked when I should be hearing about the next step and he told me that the hiring manager I first interviewed with would be making her decision and they would let me know. Leaving the store everyone said goodbye, waved and wished me goodluck with the rest of the process. I felt really, really good about my interview. But, I forgot to get any of his contact information. I called the store immediately and asked for his email address and sent him a thank you letter following my interview as well. That day, my status changed to "Hiring Manager is making final decisions" I was so nervous. But Monday morning I received the tax survey for AT&T. Which I heard was a great sign and apparently it was because later that day I received a call from my recruiter and they offered me a contingent position!! My process wasn't as long as everyone else's with interviewing it was only a week. Then came the drug screen and back ground check which I was dreading. But that only took about 5 days :) My process was fairly quick and easy compared to a lot of other's that I've read and Im soooooooo grateful I start training on Dec 14 which is 2 weeks from now. So my process literally took about 2 weeks :) Got my official offer today!

Interview Questions

• Why AT&T?
      Why retail?
      Why retail in cellphones?
      Can you sell me _____ and _____?
      Tell me about a time where you dealt with a difficult customer.
      Tell me about a time when you had to persuade a customer to buy something instead of what they already had their mind set on?
      Basic interview questions   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in San Ramon, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at AT&T (San Ramon, CA) in May 2013.

Interview

Super friendly, quick and judgement is based on the right things. Interview is usually first with the recruiter. If you're in the bay area its been Sunny Woo for years. He's a tough one to read but does a swell job at hiring. You may leave thinking you've failed but thats just the vibe he gives.

Interview Questions

• Experiences from your past jobs are the majority of the questions.   Answer Question