AT&T U-Verse Premises Technician Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jul 15, 2017

2.3

73 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at AT&T (Los Angeles, CA).

Interview

2 phone interviews, 2 test, then physical and drug test. The background check is 7 years driving and 10 years criminal. If you have more that I think 2 points on driving record your done. The criminal background can't have anything. Must be clean.

Interview Questions

• Mostly about my skill set. They will ask you questions in detail. Technical and personal. Must be able too back up your work experience.   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for AT&T

Anonymous Employee in Riverdale, GA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at AT&T (Riverdale, GA) in March 2017.

Interview

The Interview is a group setting. You're in a room with other potential candidate and recruiters going over the job and what it intel. then one by one you are pulled of into separate rooms to go over your qualifications and work history.

Interview Questions

• name a time you went over and beyond to meet a customer need?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Saint Louis, MO

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at AT&T (Saint Louis, MO).

Interview

First was the online screaming, then an aptitude test that was pass fail, then an actual one on one interview that was geared toward customer interaction and problem resolution.

Interview Questions

• When you in countered a conflict with a customer. How did you Handel it?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at AT&T (New York, NY).

Interview

They had a preliminary technical test for us to take and if you made it past that you had a face to face with a manager that asked some clarifying questions.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you had to deal with a customer that was unhappy. What did you do? And, what was the outcome.   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Saint Louis, MO

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at AT&T (Saint Louis, MO).

Interview

Was asked questions mainly about customer service. They were not really interested in experience with hands on technology. More interested in your abilities to deal with customers the whole interview process was very short. You are asked to arrive with several others at the same time to a secure location. You cannot be late. The door is unlocked exactly at 8 am if your late you're not allowed into the interview. There is a small presentation for everyone. Then you are individually interviewed for about 15 minutes. Dress is business casual. Focus on how you would handle speaking and dealing with angry customers. How can yiu leave a good lasting impression on the customer. Att is very customer oriented and wants people who will take care of the customers. If you are hired you will be constantly graded monitored on this matrix.

Interview Questions

• How would you deal with an irate customer upon arrival to the house.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Get as much as you can for a starting wage, but in the end everyone makes the same. Remember this if you get a low starting wage within 3 years you should be at the top of the wage scale. Raises come every 6 months until you top out.

U-Verse Premises Technician Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5+ weeks. I interviewed at AT&T.

Interview

I was a veteran, so that helped me alot to negotiate a salary and get the top pay to start as wire technician in south florida. No hard questions. Basic things, i explained my technical knowledge at my previous jobs for military. My first job since leaving service. I was happy with the interview and was called back within 72 hours of interview.

Interview Questions

• Ability to work with tools and install equipment   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Indianapolis, IN

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at AT&T (Indianapolis, IN).

Interview

It consisted of sitting in a room and waiting to be called in. If they liked you then you are in if not then you can reapply in 6 months.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charlotte, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 5+ weeks. I interviewed at AT&T (Charlotte, NC) in May 2016.

Interview

Took the tests online, was notified that i passed them all and was scheduled for the realistic job preview. THe RJP was informative and the managers were very friendly.. After the RJP, had a 1on1 interview and asked 6 questions. Was sent an email that day that i was being moved forward with all qualified candidates. Website says that ive met requirements for the job and resume was being forwarded to the hiring manager. Still waiting for the next step, its been about a week and a half.

Interview Questions

• name a time you helped an upset customer   3 Answers

Anonymous Employee in Charlotte, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at AT&T (Charlotte, NC) in March 2016.

Interview

Filled out the application online and was invited to take a assessment test. If you don't have a mechanical background, the test can be a little bit tricky. After taking the test I got a email saying i was ready to move on to the next phase. I then applied to a few different location before getting an offer to go in for an interview.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you had a conflict with a fellow employee and how did you handle it.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Didn't negotiate, they made an offer and I accepted it because they offered the max for that position.

Anonymous Employee in Lawrenceville, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at AT&T (Lawrenceville, GA) in March 2016.

Interview

First you go to an RJP(realistic job preview) where they cover the Ins and outs of the job. You sit in a room with about 30-40 people and they call you back there 1 by 1 to interview with a senior level manager in the company. If you do well you will know if you get the job after the interview.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself?   Answer Question
    • How would you communicate with a customer if there was a language barrier?   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time when you had an angry customer and what did you do to fix it.   Answer Question