AT&T U-Verse Premises Technician Interview Questions | Glassdoor

AT&T U-Verse Premises Technician Interview Questions

Interviews at AT&T

2.3

Anonymous Employee in Saint Louis, MO

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at AT&T (Saint Louis, MO).

Interview

Was asked questions mainly about customer service. They were not really interested in experience with hands on technology. More interested in your abilities to deal with customers the whole interview process was very short. You are asked to arrive with several others at the same time to a secure location. You cannot be late. The door is unlocked exactly at 8 am if your late you're not allowed into the interview. There is a small presentation for everyone. Then you are individually interviewed for about 15 minutes. Dress is business casual. Focus on how you would handle speaking and dealing with angry customers. How can yiu leave a good lasting impression on the customer. Att is very customer oriented and wants people who will take care of the customers. If you are hired you will be constantly graded monitored on this matrix.

Interview Questions

• How would you deal with an irate customer upon arrival to the house.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Get as much as you can for a starting wage, but in the end everyone makes the same. Remember this if you get a low starting wage within 3 years you should be at the top of the wage scale. Raises come every 6 months until you top out.

Other Interview Reviews for AT&T

Anonymous Employee in Cape Girardeau, MO

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at AT&T (Cape Girardeau, MO) in June 2012.

Interview

Phone interview only. I never had an in person interview. I took a test with a large group of people at one point, I don't remember if this was before or after the phone interview. I passed a drug test and physical of sorts. Then I was given my choice of training location and start date.

Interview Questions

• They just confirmed the things listed in the job posting: Work in filthy places, climb poles, be cold in the winter and hot in the summer.   1 Answer

U-Verse Premises Technician Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5+ weeks. I interviewed at AT&T.

Interview

I was a veteran, so that helped me alot to negotiate a salary and get the top pay to start as wire technician in south florida. No hard questions. Basic things, i explained my technical knowledge at my previous jobs for military. My first job since leaving service. I was happy with the interview and was called back within 72 hours of interview.

Interview Questions

• Ability to work with tools and install equipment   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in San Ramon, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at AT&T (San Ramon, CA) in January 2012.

Interview

First you are invited to take a pre-employment assessment, then on to a face to face interview where there were only 4 questions. The questions are given to you in advance so you can prepare your answers. Basically once the assessment test is passed, there is little the face to face meeting does than to weed out the applicants who did not prepare their answers very well.

Interview Questions

• Describe a situation where you went above and beyond to please a customer.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Tulsa, OK

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at AT&T (Tulsa, OK) in March 2015.

Interview

In my area they were extremely short on technicians and did a huge hiring push that over double the number of techs in 6 mo. I submitted my application and a week or so later got a call to go take a test at a hiring fair on a Saturday. Apparently it was a bit different from how it is usually done. Three rounds of applicants of 15-20 applicants took the test. I was in the last group. They graded the test right then and those that didn't pass were told they could reapply in 6 months. Out of 16 in my group, 6 of us passed. From what I hear from others and how I felt, the test is one that you either think is extremely easy or extremely hard. It seemed like common sense stuff. The big thing they are testing for is spacial orientation. Can you go from inside a house and icon the attic and know where you are standing in relation to the wall you need to run a line down (which I can tell you is sometimes much more difficult than it sounds)? Can you picture something in your head without seeing it move or working and understand what it is going to do? Things like that. They say its something you have or don't. It's hard to study for and very educated people fail it miserably. After we were told we passed, we went right into a a little briefing with two of the managers who basically spent and hour telling you everything bad about the job and how much it could suck. Then threw in a couple good things and spent about 15 minutes answering questions. They were very honest about everything and I liked knowing all the negatives. They didn't try to paint a better picture for than it was so there shouldn't be any real surprises once you were employed. For those that still wanted the job, we stayed for an interview. The manager asks you basic interview questions and types almost word for word, or the main points of your answer into a computer. They are looking for key words or phrases and either rank your answer or give it a pass/fail type of grade. Not entirely sure. But my interviewer ended up just cutting me off after I had hit the target for each question. The managers don't have much say in the hiring process. I got a call a day later from a contract HR person in Atlanta offering me the job with a proposed salary. Had to do a background check and drug screen within two days or so. I ended up being 1 of 2 from the initial test that was hired (Not sure how many of those that interviewed, didn't pass interview or just didn't accept the job) and within 2 and a half weeks of submitting my application was starting training. However, the process is normally much longer from what I hear. They hired way too many people after I was hired and now folks are being loaned out to other states. Which when I first started, we had 20 different loaners each month, from as far away as Wisconsin, coming to help.

Interview Questions

• If you needed to contact your manager, would you use phone, email or text?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in San Antonio, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at AT&T (San Antonio, TX) in January 2015.

Interview

3 steps. You have to take a test. Go through a realistic job preview. Than the interview. The test is 50 question in 50 minutes. There's a fifty fifty of passing it's hard.

Interview Questions

• Your basic interview questions. If you saw someone stealing what would you do. Yada yada   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Riverdale, GA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at AT&T (Riverdale, GA) in March 2017.

Interview

The Interview is a group setting. You're in a room with other potential candidate and recruiters going over the job and what it intel. then one by one you are pulled of into separate rooms to go over your qualifications and work history.

Interview Questions

• name a time you went over and beyond to meet a customer need?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Oklahoma City, OK

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at AT&T (Oklahoma City, OK) in August 2013.

Interview

there was a short meeting where the local managers sat down with a few people and went over the different aspects of the job then they took us back one by one and interviewed us

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at AT&T (New York, NY).

Interview

They had a preliminary technical test for us to take and if you made it past that you had a face to face with a manager that asked some clarifying questions.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you had to deal with a customer that was unhappy. What did you do? And, what was the outcome.   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Sacramento, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at AT&T (Sacramento, CA) in October 2013.

Interview

Interview process is you'll be sent an online form to complete with simple questions. If you're selected you'll be sent to take a comprehensive test. If you pass you'll be sent to interview with 1st level manager or 2nd level.

Interview Questions

• What are some situations involving diversity you've had to deal with while working on the job?   Answer Question