AT&T Call Center Customer Service Representative Interview Questions | Glassdoor

AT&T Call Center Customer Service Representative Interview Questions

2.5

7 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Farmers Branch, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at AT&T (Farmers Branch, TX) in July 2016.

Interview

Took a minute. Applied online, got a call in a few weeks after applying for interview. She showed me around and everything; I thought it went well, but I guess not. It's cool.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time where you convinced someone to get them to chose your decision   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Fayetteville, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at AT&T (Fayetteville, NC) in June 2016.

Interview

When I first applied after the pre-screen questions I received an email stating that I proved to have qualified for the position. I then was contacted to by phone to see when to schedule a face to face interview. The interview was later on in the week. They sent tips and what the dress code was for the interview. The face to face interview was pretty standard. A few hours after the interview I was contacted about a drug screen and background check.

Interview Questions

• What can you bring to AT&T? Tell me why you are the best candidate for the position? And standard situational questions.   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Farmers Branch, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at AT&T (Farmers Branch, TX) in May 2016.

Interview

I applied to the position on May 6th of this year. I received an email that same day inviting me to schedule an interview for a conference call via web or phone on the 9th. The next day I was sent another email to take the assessment test. 3 days later on the 13th I got another email from HR stating that I passed the assessment and it was time to schedule my phone interview which was on the 16th. Next was the face to face on May 27th (because I was out of town). I actually interviewed with the Director. I then received a callback the same day with an offer and start date. The start date was for July 11th. I spent the majority of last month completing new hire paperwork. Everything was done by the time we started.

Interview Questions

Interview

I applied for the job got an email to do the assessment completed it the same day got a email a few days later saying I passed the assessment only to be email and told that although the my skills matched the job and I passed the assessment they were looking for people whose skilled matches closely with the job.

Interview Questions

• I completed a hour assessment for this position. No interview was scheduled   Answer Question

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at AT&T.

Interview

Initially I got a call from a staffing rep. She did a brief phone interview with me. She asked if I was okay with a series of work related standards , she asked about my current and past employers and why I left or was looking to leave. Based on my application and phone interview she said she wanted me to interview at the job site with the hiring manager . We set a date and time and I went . I interviewed at the call center, it was nice, professional and quick. The facility has a gym. The hiring manager over my dept asked situational questions as well as "describe a time when" questions . She also asked "talk about your experience in ... customer service, multi tasking, IT.. etc. THe answers should have a beginning, middle, and end(how was it solved or what did you do to fix it) this saves them time and they appreciate not having to ask a bunch of followup questions just to get one question fully answered, they write it all down . My interviewer even mentioned how it was a good thing she didnt have to ask a bunch of follow up questions. Once we were done she walked me to the door and said good luck. Two days later I got a call from the staffing manager telling me they liked me and wanted to send me for a drug test and submit me for background check . They used a third party company to handle both dug and B.G check. I was on the phone with them daily. They wanted follow up information to confirm your jobs, they ended up confirming a job i had but got the dates of employment wrong so I had to clear that up. After everything on the drug and background check was done , I got another email saying my dug and background came back clear and that my salary was being submitted. two days later I got a call from staffing manager with full offer and details of first week schedule , she then emailed me all of my on boarding info ! All in all, the process took 2.5 weeks .

Interview Questions

• in the interview, the hiring manager wanted to know my experience with software, putting together things, figuring out if a tv goes out , what steps do you take to figure out what wrong with it. Basically how well can you explain to someone how to fix, set up, or trouble shoot and issue they are having.   Answer Question

Negotiation

based on years of experience and education, thats what they base pay on .

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at AT&T (Saginaw, MI) in April 2014.

Interview

I was contacted through a recruiter that they was having a hiring event in Saginaw, MI. I filled out the application prior to going to the hiring event. The next day an instructor from the call center called me to come in before the hiring event took place to take part of the assessment test. I went in and took the test and EVERYBODY passed it so I'm thinking it was gonna be a little difficult getting the job. About a couple days later the recruiter called me for an interview that would take place the next day. The interview wasn't that tough because I have been in retail and sales for 6 years so I knew how to answer those questions already. I was interviewed by two people and then at the end I did a role play with the manager. After the interview I got a tour of the office and met some people. I also got the opportunity to listen in to a rep and get his perspective of how it is to work there. Once I left there about 1 hour after the interview the recruiter called me to extend a contingent job offer. I was sent my background check info through my email and they use a company called hireright. THEY CHECK EVERYTHING so make sure you are honest and upfront about anything that may come back to haunt you on the background check. I also received my drug test papers as well and took it the same day. After about a week of being nervous the recruiter finally extended me my final offer and that training starts on May 12th. I can honestly say that I am VERY proud to be apart of the BIGGEST wireless company in the world.

Interview Questions

• There wasn't really a particular difficult questions. I was well prepared.   Answer Question

Negotiation

I haven't gotten my salary yet but they start off between $10-$14 per hour which is pretty good money including the bonuses you receive.

Customer Service Representative Call Center Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boardman, OH

Application

The process took 3 days. I interviewed at AT&T (Boardman, OH) in May 2010.

Interview

They were very impersonal and quick to respond with what felt like little time to even review my application. This company is apparently supposed to interview and "Test" everyone and anyone who shows up for the exam.

This is my second time applying the first time I never so much as got a word back on the status of my application or my testing. Calling them you just receive a person in a call center somewhere in Texas telling you its a pending application. You are given a bit of false hope that if you have a completely open schedule, dependable and reliable for work, that they are desperate for people and will hire you. This is not actually the case I was speaking with some one from their administrative and was told that they are actually overwhelmed with applicants and out of the thousand or so interviewed less the a handful will get hired into one of their training classes which normally isn't till a month later. Meanwhile they are interviewing people up till a week before the class starts.

Should you chose to interview with this company despite the odds make sure to bring your I.D. I watched a very nice young woman get turned down at the door because she had left it in her husbands car. You'll trudge downstairs, wait in a very hot room with about twenty five or so other applicants then sat at a computer in the adjacent room. Here you will listen to the lady talk about the company tell you that there is NO room for any flexible schedule availability. People with kids with school functions and those in college keep in mind there is NO working around schedules and NO part time hours. That the pay is good and its a union job there are good benefits IF you make it a year. She'll let you know that they need a COMPLETE work history for five years. Which I am unsure about you but I personally have worked so many odd jobs over these past five years its hard to collect or remember them all. Be sure to include any traffic tickets in your criminal record as well. They want you to tell them everything before they do the background check.

Then you'll start computer testing. Your typical personality test, a bit of a math test, and some simple common sense questions before the simulation. Lots and lots of talking on the programs part you'll eventually go through all the practice stuff and begin a call for a call center. I've done call center work before so I know that mine was accurate.

When your done she'll tell you that you past the test and she'll ask you several simple questions.

"Are you currently employed?"

If yes "Why are you seeking another job?"

If no "Where did you last work?"

"Why did you leave there?"

Make sure your answers are precise and to the point there are 25 other applicants with you and she needs to get through all of them so if you try to socialize or elaborate she'll cut you off.

Then she'll thank you and tell you when they are hiring for the training class usually a month away. Then they'll tell you that they will pass on this information to the hiring managers.

And your done.

She'll do the same to everyone in the room you'll go off and well if your like me you'll continue job hunting because getting hired into this place with as many applicants as they get is slim.

Take this kind of place as a practice interview. Get yourself ready to be dressed professionally and used to taking those silly personality tests.