AT&T Instructional Design Interview Questions | Glassdoor

AT&T Instructional Design Interview Questions

2.3

6 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at AT&T (Atlanta, GA) in May 2016.

Interview

I had a phone interview first which was approximately 30 minutes long and was asked at the end of the interview if I was interested in coming into the office for a face-to-face interview. A 2nd interview was scheduled. The interview was relatively informal. It was just me and my supervisor for the majority of it. A couple employees from his team were also given the opportunity to ask me some questions as well. I heard back regarding the offer within a few days.

Interview Questions

• Would you create learning materials differently for a 75 year old vs a 25 year old? Explain.   1 Answer

Senior Instructional Designer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at AT&T (Atlanta, GA) in June 2012.

Interview

I was contacted by a former teammate who notified me that there was a contract position open for a job I had previously held as a full time employee. I was told to choose from a list of preferred contract companies and apply with one of them for the position. A few days later I received a call from a staffing person from the contract company who conducted an Initial phone interview. This was followed by a phone interview with the Associate Director of Learning Services. I received a job offer pending the outcome of a drug test and background check.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

I told the staffing person what my desired hourly rate was and they accepted it.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at AT&T (Atlanta, GA) in March 2012.

Interview

The phone interview consisted of questions about myself, skills, experience. The 1:1 interview was about my skillset & why I was interested in working for the company.

Senior Instructional Designer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at AT&T (Atlanta, GA) in February 2012.

Interview

I received a voice mail from the hiring manager of a new service rollout for automating security and alarm systems using smartphone and tablets. I called back twice before I was able to reach the hiring manager back. When we set up the phone interview to "further discuss my resume" I called promptly at the agreed upon time. I was informed that she needed someone who could "hit the ground runnIng with no training" because this is a "culture where change is the only constant". Furthermore, I was expected to "step in with little to no Onboarding, move In, and produce on short deadlines to roll out new hire training program gor this new initiative drawing from scratch". Then, agreeing that I am adaptable to a basically self-directed training for immediate delivery of work product, I was then informed that I must be proficient in certain proprietary training design software (my indusry peers have never heard of it, by the way), and a list of other IT skills which were not listed in the original job posting to begin with. When I inquired about this, I was told that what I described sounded more like "her iob" and the phone call interview ended quite abruptly.
    I now find myself feeling differently about applying to this corporation when the job postings do not match the hiring manager's actual need and it is clear that, although I was applying to be part of creating meaningful training programs for a new service offering sales group for this company, it appears that training is actually not a part of the Onboarding once hired.

Interview Questions

• Can I jump in, without training, and immediately produce using a variety of, including less known and more proprietary, software?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Plymouth, MI

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at AT&T (Plymouth, MI) in August 2011.

Interview

I worked for AT&T before, and was admited on a reference from a previous supervisor. The interviewer was not only personable and positive, but appropriate and professional. I felt a phone interview was the perfect way to be as objectivve as possible.

Interview Questions

• How would you describe your ability to work alone?   1 Answer

Negotiation

I was offered more than I asked for. Of course, I accepted.

Anonymous Employee in Irving, TX

Application

The process took 4 days. I interviewed at AT&T (Irving, TX) in November 2010.

Interview

There was one long (1 hour) phone interview with the client, before my recruiter extended an offer.

Interview Questions

• Which stage of the project management process do you feel strongest in?   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation. Fixed hourly rate per contract.