AT&T Retail Sales Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Dec 11, 2017

2.7

870 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Employee in Charleston, SC

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at AT&T (Charleston, SC).

Interview

The interview process included a phone interview with basic questions, a face to face with a recruiter, then a face to face with a manager in the store. The worst part was the application process online. After that it was pretty normal. I felt like the face to face with the manager in the store was the make or break portion.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Indianapolis, IN

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at AT&T (Indianapolis, IN) in December 2017.

Interview

The hiring process is different. First you complete a test online. Within a few hours I received an email to complete a video interview. This was about 6 or 7 questions long and you have a chance to record every answer multiple times before uploading so there is no pressure to be perfect the first try. About 3 days after uploading those answers I received a call from a regional hiring manager to set up an interview with the store I applied to. This interview was not a typical interview. It was basically just a tour of their store and a chance to learn about what they sell/how much commission you can make. He asked a lot of personal questions like age, am I married, do I have kids, etc...I think the in store interview is just a chance to see how friendly you are during the tour. I'm guessing I wasn't outgoing enough because I never got any "real interview questions" and I received the thanks but no thanks email 2 days later.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for at&t (video interview)   Answer Question
    • Tell us about your education and work history (video interview)   Answer Question
    • Why would you be a good fit for this position (video interview)   Answer Question
    • 3 or 4 "explain a time when" questions (video interview)   Answer Question
    • The only real interview type questions during the in store interview were why do you want to work for at&t, and do you think you can do the job after he explained what the job is about. The rest of the in store interview was just a tour around their store. He asked a lot of personal questions like how old are you, are you married/have kids, where did you go to school, etc. I think the in store interview might be a chance for them to see how outgoing you are on the tour since it's a sales job.   Answer Question

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at AT&T.

Interview

So far I have only completed the video interview. It was easy to set-up and there weren't any issues using the required app from my phone. Fortunately it wasn't a live video interview, and I was able to redo an answer if I messed up.

Anonymous Employee in Bell, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at AT&T (Bell, CA) in October 2017.

Interview

Applied, within 2 days did the video interview. Then a week later an in person interview. As soon as I left the interview, manager called me and offered me the job. Now just waiting for background check and drug screen.

Interview Questions

• How do you like to be managed?   1 Answer

AT&T Retail Sales Consultant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at AT&T in November 2017.

Interview

I originally applied through the AT&T website. After that is a video “interview”. Once that was done I got a call from the regional hiring manager who gave me a list of stores to apply to. I picked one and went to the interview with the store manager.It was probably the worst experience I’ve had with an interview. A store employee interrupted the interview, and then close to the end of the interview they clearly had no inteeest in what I was saying and instead were looking at their sales numbers for the day each person ignoring me for a bit to look at them.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lexington-Fayette, KY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at AT&T (Lexington-Fayette, KY).

Interview

I was started with a personality test after I submitted my resume, my resume was screened and a personality quiz which dealt with traits or reactions to events at work was emailed to me to complete after this, the next step it is a video based interview. Which has a lot of technical questions.

Interview Questions

• why do want to work for us?   1 Answer

Part Time Retail Sales Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at AT&T (New York, NY) in October 2017.

Interview

I took the assessment, and then got an email for the video interview. 5 days after I did the interview, I got an email saying I was still being considered. Couple days after that the recruiter called me and a week later I did the in person interview. Did the in person interview on Tuesday and got the call with the offer on Friday! ( Neutral experience because : it took some back and forth for a week with the recruiter to actually get the final interview)

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you persuaded someone to do something.   Answer Question
    • Tell me about time when you dealt with a difficult customer and the steps you took to resolve it.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Crawfordsville, IN

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at AT&T (Crawfordsville, IN) in September 2017.

Interview

- online application
    -after a week, email to complete online webcam prerecorded interview
    -receive email letting you know you're still in the running
    -after about 5 days, you'll get a call to set up face to face interview with store manager and area manager at the store
    -will be called within 72 hours of interview for job offer

Interview Questions

• Describe an unsuccessful/negative experience you had with a customer and how did you deal with it?   Answer Question
    • Why do you believe you're a good fit for AT&T?   Answer Question
    • How could you apply what you've learned at past jobs to this current position?   Answer Question

Retail Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Birmingham, AL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at AT&T (Birmingham, AL) in September 2017.

Interview

The interview was actually by watching a video of questions and then recording answers and uploading them. The problem was their software wouldn't pick up my ATR2100 microphone and instead only used my webcam mic and it sounded like a was in a cave and speaking faster than the video.

Interview Questions

• Why do I think I would be good for the position?   1 Answer

Retail Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fort Wayne, IN

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at AT&T (Fort Wayne, IN) in September 2017.

Interview

Drawn out and a waste of time. I've interviewed 4 times over the past 3 years with them and all they've ever done is waste my time. The processes have taken 3-4 weeks each time. Please tell me why they've called me in for 4 separate interviews only to waste my time and tell me I'm not "qualified" enough when I have 3 years of wireless sales experience. They review my resume each time before they call me in so they know what to expect as far as my qualifications go. Overall just a waste of time. Go work for Verizon or Sprint.