AT&T Sales Interview Questions | Glassdoor

1,219 Interview Reviews

2.7

1,219 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all Interviews

Anonymous Employee in Nashville, TN

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at AT&T (Nashville, TN) in April 2017.

Interview

I applied online twice, the first time I didn't have open weekend availability, which I believe was the key to not being asked for an interview. The second time I put my hours as being fully open. Within just 2 or 3 days I had a phone call for a screening where I briefly described my work history. I didn't have to talk too much about details and what exactly I did, basically just explained how long I'd been in customer service roles. By the end of the phone call, the interviewer told me she wanted to schedule me for an actual phone interview. A couple days later I had that interview. The interviewer was about 15 minutes late calling, but once we started talking, the interview lasted about an hour, talking a lot more about work history, and asking specific examples (handling conflict at work, with customers or with coworkers, why AT&T, why are you wanting to leave your current job, etc.). During this part, make sure you have specific moments to talk about, rather than speaking in a general sense. At the end of this phone call, we scheduled a 'Realistic Job Preview' in the store location I was interviewing for. I went to that, and at this stage, they expect you to be asking them questions. I was prepared for this because my phone interviewer had given me a few examples of questions to ask (commission goals each month, asking them about best parts of the job, just questions to find out a little bit more about the actual store).
    After this I did have a while before I heard back, it took about 2 weeks, and I called the store to try to talk to the manager I'd interviewed with, but wasn't able to get him, left a message, didn't hear back. A week later, the phone interviewer called me, apologizing for the delay in response but there'd been an issue in their system, but she told me the interview had gone well, and I would be hearing from them either way within a week. A week later I got a phone call from the first phone screening person offering me the job, and then I started on the paperwork part of the process (background check, drug test).

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Savannah, GA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at AT&T (Savannah, GA) in April 2017.

Interview

The process was very fast and casual. District manager interviewed me, basically explained that you get as much out of the company as you put in. Asked a few questions about my previous sales experience, how I would fit into the company.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Birmingham, AL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at AT&T (Birmingham, AL) in April 2017.

Interview

The inteerview as done online and recorded. The problem is the recording software blacks out your own camera while recording, so you can't see yourself as you're speaking. This lead to multiple retakes and reshoots, for which I was penalized and didn't get the job.

AT&T Retail Sales Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Cerritos, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at AT&T (Cerritos, CA).

Interview

Phone interview first before being invited to the hiring event.
    One interview with two store managers at a hiring event in Cerritos. Got to choose which of the two stores I wanted to work at.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about yourself   Answer Question
    • You are tested if you are bilingual using an automated phone system at a store that is reviewed later. You are 70 cents more.   Answer Question

Sales Support Interview

Anonymous Employee in Little Rock, AR

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at AT&T (Little Rock, AR).

Interview

1st phone interview was brief,explaining to me the job requirements,2nd interview they asked me a handful of questions,if you pass it,than you will go instore for a look at the store/get to know me kind of thing

Retail Sales Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at AT&T (Seattle, WA) in March 2017.

Interview

I was contacted by a recruiter who set up a Skype interview. Interview seemed to go really well and I was told she would follow up with me the following Monday. Monday came and I had not heard. On Tuesday I received some automatic email saying they were going with someone else. No reason, and no contact from her. Just an email from their automated system. Highly disappointed in the interviewing process with at&t. If you're not going to go with me for the position, at least reach out personally and let me know.

Interview Questions

• How did you deal with negative feedback from your previous managers?   Answer Question

Retail Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Hartford, CT

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at AT&T (Hartford, CT) in March 2017.

Interview

I applied online, the next day I got an email with an online assessment, I took the test and after a few days I got another email saying that I'll be contacted soon to scheduled an interview and i did. I'll have my interview two days from now in an AT&t Store.

Part Time Retail Sales Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at AT&T (Austin, TX) in March 2017.

Interview

Had three separate interviews, each with a higher up individual. Questions are basic and simple but they still have to ask them. From the job description on the posting the job sounded interesting and it lists good benefits. I'm a semi-retired technology sales professional looking for something close to home but it became very clear that this job is intended for a student working part time or a mom who wants to get out of the house. There is a lot you don't find out until the interviews such as you aren't eligible for the benefits for six months, you're locked into the job for at least a year and the more senior sales staff get the good shifts. You'll be working nights and weekends. The so-called "competitive" salary is $11 to $13 an hour and you're expected to hit commission quotas to get anywhere near the average of $34,800 a year that they quote. You're also expected to cold call local businesses and attend local trade shows, with the travel expenses being paid by you. I find it hard to believe they find good talent with this lame lineup. Turnover has to be astronomical. I said thanks but no thanks.

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in New Haven, CT

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at AT&T (New Haven, CT) in March 2017.

Interview

I went to a hire fair they were holding in rocky hill, ct. pretty straight forward I filled out a paper with personal info then I had a 10 min interview with one person. I answered every question very quick did research before the interview and I was called 2 days later saying I got the job.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for us?   1 Answer

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at AT&T in March 2017.

Interview

After completing the online tests, an interview was scheduled with two local managers. General interview questions, STAR method-like. They explained about the company, the position, the training, etc. They asked about how I would handle certain situations, if I felt uncomfortable trying to promote products that the client might not be interested on, etc.They mentioned that it could take several weeks to receive a response. After a couple of weeks I got one of those automated "thanks, but no thanks" emails.

Interview Questions

• What do you know about the company? What motivates you? etc.   Answer Question