AT&T Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated May 28, 2017
3,028 Interview Reviews

2.7

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at AT&T in March 2017.

Interview

After completing the online tests, an interview was scheduled with two local managers. General interview questions, STAR method-like. They explained about the company, the position, the training, etc. They asked about how I would handle certain situations, if I felt uncomfortable trying to promote products that the client might not be interested on, etc.They mentioned that it could take several weeks to receive a response. After a couple of weeks I got one of those automated "thanks, but no thanks" emails.

Interview Questions

• What do you know about the company? What motivates you? etc.   Answer Question

U-Verse Premises Technician Interview

Anonymous Employee in Riverdale, GA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at AT&T (Riverdale, GA) in March 2017.

Interview

The Interview is a group setting. You're in a room with other potential candidate and recruiters going over the job and what it intel. then one by one you are pulled of into separate rooms to go over your qualifications and work history.

Interview Questions

• name a time you went over and beyond to meet a customer need?   Answer Question

Sales Support Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Grenada, MS

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at AT&T (Grenada, MS) in March 2017.

Interview

Unprofessional, Rude. Interview was never one on one, Manager kept viewing the monitors and spying on the employees and running in and out of the interview. He kept blasting the former employee that she was an under performer, not energetic, lacked personality because she was too pretty and pregnant, etc. Overall I was not impressed and never felt comfortable that I was in the running for the position. In addition, he kept throwing other positions at me to consider instead of what I was being interviewed for. His youth and inexperienced at management and very unprofessional. Floor sales reps didn't care to speak more about the position other than it was "A JOB TO PAY THE BILLS". In my opinion, the store is nice, floor sales reps were helpful, but the manager skills need improvement.

Interview Questions

• Have I considered the Retail Sales Consultant position?   1 Answer

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at AT&T in March 2017.

Interview

Submit cover letter, resume and competency alignment, after one week received call for an In person panel interview, then phone one on one for more details on specific job function.

Interview Questions

• Tell me a about a time when you were leading a project where the objective was changed and the last minute. How did you handle and how did you manage the team you were leading on project   Answer Question

Field Service Technician Interview

Anonymous Employee in Saint Louis, MO

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at AT&T (Saint Louis, MO) in March 2017.

Interview

Called for interview, was in the office next day, sat down with field supervisor, was a very easygoing interview, mostly spoke about my previous experience in the field. was hired on the spot and asked to start immediacy

Interview Questions

• What is my previous experience   1 Answer

Customer Care Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Boise, ID

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at AT&T (Boise, ID) in March 2017.

Interview

The interview process was approximately 1 hour. Started with a computer-based assessment to determine skill set and aptitude regarding monitoring multiple processes while also taking input from a customer at the same time. Assessed ability to select proper course of action, from a series of multiple choice options, to resolve reason for customer call-in.

Interview Questions

• Describe an example of dealing with a disgruntled customer and how you resolved the situation.   Answer Question
    • Describe a situation in which you went above and beyond to help a customer with a complicated problem.   Answer Question

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at AT&T.

Interview

STAR interview style. You have to give examples of what you would do given certain scenarios. Give specific examples. You will do fine if you follow that format. It feels lengthy and you also have to pass a test given on a computer first before landing the interview.

Interview Questions

• give an example of an accomplishment you had at your last job   Answer Question

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at AT&T.

Interview

I initially applied for the position. I took the assessment. I received an email to pick a phone interview date. And now I'm currently in the stage of a one on one interview.

Interview Questions

• You were in a different field before, so what makes you choose retail and marketing now?   1 Answer
    • Tell me a little bit about your job history?   1 Answer

Field Tech Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at AT&T.

Interview

testing at main office in Columbus. Took test with about 35 other individuals at the same time. The staff was helpful. Tests were timed and designed to be impossible to finish within the time...probably helped to see if you could deal with the stress of that.

Interview Questions

• several tests, very lengthy and challenging. unmarked answers were counted as incorrect. So the best thing to do is watch the time and when you were down to about 1 minute left just fill in a random answer or what I did which was color in answer C for all remaining answers. You might luck out and get a couple right...leave them blank and they are all wrong.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at AT&T.

Interview

I've had interview's setup twice now and on the day of interview, cancellation of interview. Even worse, after the cancel, I am contacted the next day for a an interview within a 3 hour window. This may or may not be AT&T's fault, as they are fronting their HRM through HCL. However, this pattern is showing that AT&T really has no clue what they want, are shifting daily/weekly on JD asks. I'd say stay the heck away from this company until they firmly decide how they want to run their SDLC. Until then, if you want chaos, bad interview practices and frustration, feel free to apply and apply and apply to AT&T