AT&T Interview Questions in Jackson, MS | Glassdoor

Updated Dec 28, 2016

2.2

Satellite Technician Interview

Anonymous Employee in Jackson, MS

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at AT&T (Jackson, MS) in September 2015.

Interview

Very exciting, sat at a table before 5 field supervisors and each were looking for special qualities. Each member of the panel gave a description of what the job was like and the types of conditions technicians work in. They asked about previous work and how my experiences in my work and personal life have helped to prepare me for the type of work I applied for. They asked about my hobbies and what my home life was like. They love family men/women because they feel people with committed responsibilities to their spouse and children are more motivated to work that much harder. They asked me to give a step by step detail instruction of a task I am familiar with, this is to make sure you know how to communicate with customers of the processespoused will be going through when installing something in their home. It makes people comfortable.

Interview Questions

• Describe, step by step, how to do a task you are familiar with.   1 Answer

AT&T Retail Sales Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Jackson, MS

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at AT&T (Jackson, MS) in April 2015.

Interview

My initial interview was for a customer support specialist and it was very extensive. The interview lasted for about 3 hours mainly because I gave detail descriptions of my work experience. I didn't get the job but I applied for the retail sales associate position. It took about 1 month for me to be called in for an interview. The first interview was very easy then I had to go to the retail store for a second interview and it was also very easy. The first interview for the customer support specialist made these two interviews a breeze. I was contacted within 24 hours with a job offer and I accepted!

Interview Questions

• Give me an example of how you handled constructive criticism.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Yes I was able to negotiate! It was simple and straight forward.

Outside Plant Technician Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Jackson, MS

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at AT&T (Jackson, MS) in January 2014.

Interview

You will receive a call/email to take the test (which will normally cause you to have to drive MILES to get to the professional center). you will receive your results immediately. If not qualified, sorry buddy, try again. If qualified, sorry buddy, you will not hear from AT&T again....

Retail Sales Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Jackson, MS

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at AT&T (Jackson, MS).

Interview

you have to apply online, if you are trying to apply to a corporate AT&T Wireless store. They emailed me a few time to let me know they were interested; that took a while. Then there was a brief over the phone interview. Then I did and in store interview. They just asked basic questions, for the most part, like "why do you want to work for the company", and "have you ever worked for commission" "what would you do about a difficult customer" not in those exact words but that sort of thing. they are just trying to see if you are positive, energetic, and up to the task of dealing with difficult customers and such.

BTW-If you take the job they send you somewhere for a week to train...possible 2 weeks but they should pay for your hotel room and gas and/or plane ticket. (I assume they still do that, It has been a while)

Interview Questions

• Hmm...I don't really remember. Maybe- "name a time when you had to deal with an unhappy customer and save the sale...what happened and how did you deal with it...what was the outcome" something like that.   1 Answer

Negotiation

we would like to offer you X amount per year... x amount in hourly pay and then they went over the commission structure a little...something like that anyhow.

Senior SPECIALIST-NETWORK SUPPORT Interview

Anonymous Employee in Jackson, MS

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at AT&T (Jackson, MS) in April 2013.

Interview

Behavioral interview- based on experiences and outcomes. STAR technique- Most difficult technical issue you ever resolved? How do you deal with difficult customers? What is the most important aspect of customer service?

Interview Questions

• How did you deal with a difficult customer last time?   1 Answer

Retail Sales Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Jackson, MS

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at AT&T (Jackson, MS) in August 2012.

Interview

First a call from recruiter for surrounding area discussed the job position and the obligation I would be required to meet. Briefly discussed benefits and pay details. Online status went from Resume Forwarded to Manager. Recruiter set up interview with store I applied to and I went to interview with the hiring manager for that store. The interview was rather quick and simply your regular questions discussing customer experiences and sales exp. Manager talked more in detail of benefits and compensation and training if hired.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time failed to close a sale and why was it not closed?   1 Answer

Negotiation

Got a call from recruiter asking for consent for background check and offered a contingent offer of employment on drug/crime test. I mentioned bilingual experience and told me he would get in touch with recruiters from Spanish speaking areas and speak with them and have them call me. Received call back offered a higher wage and I accepted. Contingent offer pending on background check.

Store Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Jackson, MS

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at AT&T (Jackson, MS) in April 2012.

Interview

Great process. You will do approximately 3 interviews. There's a phone screen interview, an interview with the hiring manager, then one for the DM. You have to show a lot of personality and show that you aggressive.

Call Center Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Jackson, MS

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at AT&T (Jackson, MS) in July 2011.

Interview

phone interview and then the main interview, it wasn't hard at all, especially if you good with customer skills and you are an people person..the interview also consist of fake calls and entering information onto a scripted screen, I aced that with flying colors..the overall experience was good