AT&T Manager Interview Questions | Glassdoor

AT&T Manager Interview Questions

Interviews at AT&T

2.6

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at AT&T (New York, NY) in January 2016.

Interview

Interview Questions

• simple just try to remain bubbly and personable. they are looking for personality and dependablity. but after the interview and usual background check . I was able to go and meet my new team and then off to training for two weeks   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for AT&T

Anonymous Employee in Rahway, NJ

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at AT&T (Rahway, NJ) in July 2014.

Interview

Interview process was great. Three different interviews. 1st interview call, 2nd interview FaceTime, 3rd FaceTime. Went through a bunch of behavioral and situational scenarios. Each interviews was a week or two weeks apart

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at AT&T (Chicago, IL) in May 2014.

Interview

One on one interview with question on how you would manage technicians. It is a behavioral based interview. It is down to earth people That interview you and they want to know about you.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lebanon, VA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at AT&T (Lebanon, VA) in June 2016.

Interview

The hiring process can be slow. the interview is a behavioral one with a panel of the upper management team they each take turns asking you a question and documenting your responses.

Interview Questions

• Name a time you assisted an employee reach their goals? What steps did you take?   Answer Question

Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at AT&T.

Interview

Depending on if you are interviewing from outside or from inside the company you will typically receive one of two types of interviews.

If you are on the outside applying for a public position on the inside there are two hard facts you have to accept:

1.) Depending on the department, this position could have already gone to someone on the inside and the interviewer is just holding the interview for political reasons.
    2.) The position might truly be open, but the hiring manager might already have a hard lean towards someone else in the organization already.

Apart from those possibilities, most outside applicants get standard situational interviews that require answering the questions in a situation, action, then results structure. As long as you understand that it is more of a process of elimination and focus on not saying the wrong thing, you will be fine. From my viewpoint, it really seems as though your resume does more than just get you the interview. I've seen serious interviews that were as short as 4 questions and then some general open forum discussion where the goal was really just to make sure the individual was as good as advertised on the resume.

The absolute best thing anyone can do if they want to shine in an interview here is to go to the bookstore and purchase a book with all of the interview questions and the purpose behind them. Having the perfect answer is not as important as simply understanding the purpose of the question.

Applications and interviews from within are really just an overview of past performance and an assessment to see how much management training the employee has already received from his or her supervisor (huge!!!).

Interview Questions

• "Tell me about a time where you had difficulty in overcoming an obstacle at work."   1 Answer

Negotiation

Demand everything you can upfront. Pay raises are difficult to obtain in some jobs (result based).

Manager Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at AT&T.

Interview

I did a store interview with the site manager and it was then followed with a corporate interview. At the end of the second interview I was told thank you for your time but we are going to be promoting internally, the interview process of outside candidates was simply a formality.

Interview Questions

• I was asked questions about my personal and family life.   1 Answer

Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at AT&T.

Interview

The process is very long and has too many touch points. You complete one step which is very lengthy and then get an email to complete another step and then a phone call then another email. The cycle is endless and frustrating for those of us who are fast paced and looking at completing several applications a day in our job search.

Interview Questions

• I found all of the questions to be fairly simple to answer. Nothing really threw me off my game.   Answer Question

Manager Interview

Interview

hiring process is simple apply on line then a local HR manager contacts you for an enterview and he makes a decision

Interview Questions

• situation questions i.e tell me about a time in which you dealt with a difficult customer   Answer Question

Manager Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at AT&T.

Interview

Not that difficult but it was a long process. It started and stopped a few times and it seemed like nobody knew the steps. They need to work on that in the future so not as much confusion by the potential candidate.

Negotiation

Some negotiations happened

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Greensboro, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at AT&T (Greensboro, NC) in May 2012.

Interview

meet with hiring manager and she explain the position then the interview begin

Interview Questions

• why should I hire you   1 Answer
    • why are you the best fit for the position   1 Answer