AT&T Interview Questions in New York City, NY | Glassdoor

Updated Mar 23, 2017

2.7

Associate Business Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Middletown, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at AT&T (Middletown, NJ) in February 2017.

Interview

Phone Interview: for 30 45 mins;
    In person, Interview lasted for like 2 - 2.1/5Hours
    Interview Question varies from person to person, what I have submitted is my experience based on my previous experiences. There are three phases of interview Phone, and then in person which comprises of Technical and Behavioral.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you came across a difficult situation and how you handled it
      Tell me about a time when you ran into a problem on a project or with a team member and how did you go about solving it?
      What is one of the reasons that motivated you to pursue computer science?
      What are requirements and explain in it your words with examples from your experience?
      What is Business Analysis in your perspective and what would you do as a business analysis for a service industry as AT&T.
      Stakeholder’s role in an organization and the impact they could bring towards and a business analyst.
      In a given scenario, at AT&T you are required to come up with a requirement solution a new application for AT&T Tv box, Ipad, Phone, etc..
      What do you bring and as a person to the organization?
      What are stakeholders role in a shareholders environment?
      Can your project manager be a stakeholder and explain your answer with scenarios.
      What was your role as a business analyst in your previous projects, experience, etc?
      What methodologies have you used, and explain the importance of those methods and methodologies?
      Based on your answer why would you chose on top of another and why do you it is important to this nature of the business.
      You explained about requirements, and its functions, why do you think those requirements analysis is critical to business that you were in and as well as BA,
      What is the difference between functional and nonfunctional requirement, please provide more accurate and realistic answer based on the requirement documents you provided while your stay at your previous employemnt.
      Explain the attributes of business requirements and technical requirement based on your project.
      Have you faced leadership pressure when you have one or more reporting line? Explain the situation with specific examples.
      How well you deal with a complex problem and how would you or have you solved in projects that you have involved.
      Explain your role as a scrum master in your project.
      What extra miles/measures have you gone through for project involving in a group.
      What do you know about estimation and why estimation is important in an agile environment.
      Of all the layers of the OSI model, are they all required or could you make a model with fewer layers?

Behavioral - as far as I could remember

Behavioral "what would you do"s, Logic Brain-teasers
      What do you think an about a career and a job and what will have an impact your life?
      You have said, you was once actively involved in corporate social responsibility, can you elaborate and the importance to you as well as to a corporate like AT&T.
      Can you describe yourself in three words
      Are you going further your education
      What are your interest in your day to life
      Any quotes or advice that you can quote as an example or share with us.
      Difference between a leader and boss
      Have you ever worked with a leader or a boss, explain your situations and difference you have faced.
      How well you cope with stress
      What sort of environment you like to work and you have worked.
      Have you ever taken any quick decision in life, what are they and why would you have to do so.
      Are you a Kickstarter or a self-starter
      Do you believe in success and how would calibrate your success and in what nature?
      What would you do when you have achieved a success what will be your behavior.
      Your transition between corporate to education and now to corporate, Why?
      Can you share your experience in both the industry your point of view pros and cons?
      1 Answer

BSLDP Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at AT&T (New York, NY).

Interview

Behavioral interview process was pretty straight forward. They are going to ask questions about your past experiences, how you overcame them and what you learned. Just be yourself, excited, curious, and make friends with your interviewer. Next step is to see how you act in a business environment. Expect to get pushback from the mock customer and be your best self. Try not to make promises you cant keep, yet bargain to manage the customers pain.

Interview Questions

• Technician didnt show up, two days late and customers business is down due to lack of internet. How do we handle this?   1 Answer

U-Verse Premises Technician Interview

Application

Interview

They had a preliminary technical test for us to take and if you made it past that you had a face to face with a manager that asked some clarifying questions.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you had to deal with a customer that was unhappy. What did you do? And, what was the outcome.   1 Answer

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at AT&T (New York, NY).

Interview

Interviewed over Skype. I was asked about my resume, in particular my past experience. Then I was asked if I had experience with mobile development. Then I was asked why I would want to work for AT&T.

Retail Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at AT&T (New York, NY).

Interview

Manager didn't make eye contact, told me he'll get back with me within two weeks, haven't hearing about from him, that was 3 weeks ago. My classmate told me he went through the same thing

Interview Questions

• Why did I leave my previous job   1 Answer

Communications Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at AT&T (New York, NY) in December 2016.

Interview

The interview was in their local office. The interview took place in a large conference room. It was over the phone. The two Interviewer was in New York which caught me off guard at first because I was expecting to be sitting in a room with physical interviewers.

Internship Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at AT&T (New York, NY) in December 2016.

Interview

Had a phone interview with basic behavioral questions that was later followed up by a technical skype call. All in all, the interviews went well and were very straight forward. Didn't try to trick you, just wanted to gauge your skills to see if you were the right fit for them.

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at AT&T (New York, NY) in November 2016.

Interview

I was contacted by HR in November for a phone screen. Then I had a technical interview which I thought went well and my interviewer was talking about contacting me to come onsite for the next round. Then, I didn't hear back from them for over a month, and sent a follow up email asking about the status of my application. Recently, almost 2 months since the last interview, I received a rejection email.

Interview Questions

• Find two integers in a list that add up to another integer   Answer Question

AT&T Mobility RSC Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at AT&T (New York, NY).

Interview

Be prepared for STAR question. Situation,Task, Action, Result. This is a fairly common interview technique. Feel free to write the question down because it's easy to got lost in your explanation.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about a time when you had to resolve a conflict   1 Answer

Sales Support Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at AT&T (New York, NY).

Interview

Took 3 months, took test, took 2 weeks to here back for an interview. After interviews, shadowed a person for a day. Scheduled for training. Participated in training for 8 weeks