AT&T Interview Questions in New York City, NY | Glassdoor

2.7

172 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Premise Technician Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at AT&T (New York, NY).

Interview

Responded to job announcement for premises technician. Announcement and follow up email stated that the positions were for different specific areas in Alabama. In the preview, before the interview, everyone was told that the job was for Bessemer. The speakers, there were four, proceeded to bash there HR people for messing up and told us no matter what we were told before, the job was only for Bessemer. I was really interested in this job, but the dishonesty and coworker bashing made me really suspicous of this region.

Interview Questions

• Tell of a time that you had a conflict with fellow worker   Answer Question
    • Tell us of a safety issue that you previously dealt with.   Answer Question
    • Tell of a time that you had a conflict with a supervisor, and how you dealt with it.   Answer Question

Student Technical Intern I Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Middletown, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at AT&T (Middletown, NJ).

Interview

The order of interviews:
    Online technical interview -> Behavioral interview -> Technical Interview + 2 Behavioral Interviews
    From the online technical interview to the behavioral interview it took about a week to get a reply
    From the behavioral to the technical + 2 behaviorals took about 2 weeks to get a reply.
    Then it took another week for the offer to come in

Interview Questions

• Write a method that returns a boolean if a linked list has a loop back into itself   Answer Question

Junior Front End Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bedminster, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at AT&T (Bedminster, NJ).

Interview

Application

I applied online. The process was quick only took about 1 week. I interviewed in Bedminster New Jersey.

Interview

The initial interview process was mostly based on a set of questions that ask one to tell about how he or she solved issues when faced with technical and people challenges.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you had to...? How did you address the situation, and what was the outcome? General Questions.   1 Answer

Universal Agent Interview

Anonymous Employee in Piscataway, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at AT&T (Piscataway, NJ).

Interview

The interview was set up by a recruiter. Brought me in for a face to face interview. I was interview by a manager and a team lead that asked me questions about my past work experience and how my past work experience would relate to the current work structure.

Interview Questions

• How would you describe the cloud computing to your grandparents or a child   Answer Question

Part Time Retail Sales Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at AT&T (New York, NY) in October 2017.

Interview

I took the assessment, and then got an email for the video interview. 5 days after I did the interview, I got an email saying I was still being considered. Couple days after that the recruiter called me and a week later I did the in person interview. Did the in person interview on Tuesday and got the call with the offer on Friday! ( Neutral experience because : it took some back and forth for a week with the recruiter to actually get the final interview)

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you persuaded someone to do something.   Answer Question
    • Tell me about time when you dealt with a difficult customer and the steps you took to resolve it.   Answer Question

Bilingual Spanish Part Time Retail Sales Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fort Lee, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at AT&T (Fort Lee, NJ) in August 2017.

Interview

At the beginning, the interview was straight forward; between the Store Manager and myself. Then the Assistant Manager entered the office, to be part of the interview process. The questions were very standard. However, there was a constant distraction from the Assistant Manger. He repeatedly stood up or moved around in his chair, to adjust himself. This wasn't a casual adjustment, it was a deliberate, constant grabbing of his crotch. How are you supposed to look someone in the face when they continuously play with their privates?

Interview Questions

• Their focus is on getting customers to sign up for DirecTV service. One of the questions was to describe three benefits of the DirecTV Now app.   1 Answer

B2B Sales Program Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Newark, NJ

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at AT&T (Newark, NJ) in April 2017.

Interview

The interview process was very quick with them and the recruiter was initially responsive and professional. I applied online and within a few days, I got an email to schedule a phone screen. Afterward a skype interview was scheduled. The recruiter was really nice and asked me a bunch of predetermined canned questions. I told her about my self, my sales experiences, and my marketing and business experience. Which was very extensive for a senior in business school. She told me immediately she liked me and was going to pass me to the final step which was a sales assesment phone call done by a third party. She told me I should expect a call on a scheduled day and I was to pretend I worked for ATT and handle the call. I would get a pass/no pass score and that would determine if I got the offer or not.
    From other reviews on Glassdoor I determined I would be getting 2 kinds of calls. One of an angry customer with a problem you had to fix and another of a prospective customer which you had to sell a service.
    The day of, they give you 30 min to review a bunch of info on this portal, and then when the time is up, you get a phone call. It was an angry customer saying her service was cut. The information doesn't give you any insights as to what to say so you have to make up solutions on the spot. She wasn't happy with any of the solutions provided So I ended up saying I would make sure it was fixed that day. No idea if that was even possible but I felt cornered. So she said ok and hung up. Then I got the other call from the same lady now playing a current customer looking for internet services for her business. According to her info, she had some sort of shop, so I told her about one of the packages that included a website management system that could enhance her out reach to customers. She wasn't interested and ended the call before I could offer her a more basic package. I felt like I didn't even have enough time to talk to them and she seemed rushed. The call is from a blocked number so you can't call back or follow up like you normally would in the real life. Anyway, I week went by and the recruiter emailed me saying I didn't pass the sales assessment. I asked for feedback yet she ignored my email. A few months later I got a much better job offer at one of the Big 4 financial firms. So I am happy I didn't get this job. But I have to say their third party assessment is a great way for them to filter out both good and bad candidates.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you had to deal with conflict?
      Tell me about a time you had to learn a new skill?   1 Answer

Retail Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at AT&T (New York, NY) in April 2017.

Interview

At first the interview was done via on the computer answering virtual questions. The next interview was at the headquarters in ny. The last was at the store. The store interview literally took five minutes. Also the headquarters interview asks you to sell them an app.

Interview Questions

• Why do you think you would be an asset for AT&T?   1 Answer

Production Designer Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at AT&T (New York, NY) in March 2017.

Interview

Met with one of the Studio Managers after speaking with a recruiter. Took me into the conference room and had a one on one talk with me. He had already seen my resume and work prior to the interview, because of the recruiter, so it was more of a discussion to make sure I knew what I was talking about. Spoke for about 10 minutes then he asked if I could come in the next day.

Interview Questions

• Asked if I knew how to run through a mech list and made sure I knew how to clean and comp a project.   1 Answer

Associate Business Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Middletown, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at AT&T (Middletown, NJ) in February 2017.

Interview

Phone Interview: for 30 45 mins;
    In person, Interview lasted for like 2 - 2.1/5Hours
    Interview Question varies from person to person, what I have submitted is my experience based on my previous experiences. There are three phases of interview Phone, and then in person which comprises of Technical and Behavioral.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you came across a difficult situation and how you handled it
      Tell me about a time when you ran into a problem on a project or with a team member and how did you go about solving it?
      What is one of the reasons that motivated you to pursue computer science?
      What are requirements and explain in it your words with examples from your experience?
      What is Business Analysis in your perspective and what would you do as a business analysis for a service industry as AT&T.
      Stakeholder’s role in an organization and the impact they could bring towards and a business analyst.
      In a given scenario, at AT&T you are required to come up with a requirement solution a new application for AT&T Tv box, Ipad, Phone, etc..
      What do you bring and as a person to the organization?
      What are stakeholders role in a shareholders environment?
      Can your project manager be a stakeholder and explain your answer with scenarios.
      What was your role as a business analyst in your previous projects, experience, etc?
      What methodologies have you used, and explain the importance of those methods and methodologies?
      Based on your answer why would you chose on top of another and why do you it is important to this nature of the business.
      You explained about requirements, and its functions, why do you think those requirements analysis is critical to business that you were in and as well as BA,
      What is the difference between functional and nonfunctional requirement, please provide more accurate and realistic answer based on the requirement documents you provided while your stay at your previous employemnt.
      Explain the attributes of business requirements and technical requirement based on your project.
      Have you faced leadership pressure when you have one or more reporting line? Explain the situation with specific examples.
      How well you deal with a complex problem and how would you or have you solved in projects that you have involved.
      Explain your role as a scrum master in your project.
      What extra miles/measures have you gone through for project involving in a group.
      What do you know about estimation and why estimation is important in an agile environment.
      Of all the layers of the OSI model, are they all required or could you make a model with fewer layers?

Behavioral - as far as I could remember

Behavioral "what would you do"s, Logic Brain-teasers
      What do you think an about a career and a job and what will have an impact your life?
      You have said, you was once actively involved in corporate social responsibility, can you elaborate and the importance to you as well as to a corporate like AT&T.
      Can you describe yourself in three words
      Are you going further your education
      What are your interest in your day to life
      Any quotes or advice that you can quote as an example or share with us.
      Difference between a leader and boss
      Have you ever worked with a leader or a boss, explain your situations and difference you have faced.
      How well you cope with stress
      What sort of environment you like to work and you have worked.
      Have you ever taken any quick decision in life, what are they and why would you have to do so.
      Are you a Kickstarter or a self-starter
      Do you believe in success and how would calibrate your success and in what nature?
      What would you do when you have achieved a success what will be your behavior.
      Your transition between corporate to education and now to corporate, Why?
      Can you share your experience in both the industry your point of view pros and cons?   1 Answer