AT&T Premesis Technician Interview Questions | Glassdoor

AT&T Premesis Technician Interview Questions

Interviews at AT&T

2.7

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at AT&T (Houston, TX) in May 2014.

Interview

took 2 weeks, had a test, pretty easy, then striagh to interview. The interview itself was very straightforward, they ask you three questions mostly related to customer service and sales. Make sure you tell them exactly what you have done in the past that will translate into this job.

Interview Questions

• try not to ask too much about the ladders of the company, they tend to get prettty anal about it, focus on the job you are applying for first   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for AT&T

Anonymous Employee in Miramar, San Diego, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at AT&T (Miramar, San Diego, CA) in August 2014.

Interview

Took the test about a week later recieved the email for the interview/RJP and it was one on one only asked 3 questions then its a go or no go but doesnt mean you get the job it just puts you in a pool of qualified canidates then you just have to watch your emails and phone for the call once you do they give you a offer of salary and location and you decide if you want it then its the drug and back ground then you start training at the next available date

Interview Questions

• When last the last time you had to explain something to someone and how did you do it?   Answer Question
    • Have you ever had a rude customer? And how did you handle it?   Answer Question

Negotiation

Just make sure you tell them your experience you have related to the job so you can start at a better pay

Anonymous Employee in Miami, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ months. I interviewed at AT&T (Miami, FL) in January 2010.

Interview

Hiring process is very long. Took 6 months to go through the hiring process. Your given tests that do not have anything to do about the job your applying for. Then you go through about 2 months of endless training. The do poll climbing first week then if you make it through that they do safety next. They say safety is always first, then why make somebody climb a poll with spikes on your ankels with out any safety training?

Negotiation

What negotiation you take what they give you or don't take anything at all

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at AT&T (Austin, TX) in August 2014.

Interview

While applying online, you are given a long personality questionnaire (with many questions about honesty, business ethics, morals, etc). If you answer all that correctly, you are asked to come in for a (group) skills test.

The are very strict about you needing to be on time for the appointment ("one minute late and you'll be turned away"), yet after getting there on time, they make you wait for 30 minutes or more until they get their stuff together.

The test covers basic technical thinking, logic, following instructions, etc.

If you pass that test, you then go through a group "job overview" where they explain things like:

You have to go through ten weeks of out-of-town training (Dallas, Houston, etc)
    If you are late for any reason by one minute more than once, then you'll probably be fired.
    For the first 6 months, you have to accept the schedule they give you - no sick days, work holidays, no change request, etc - no exceptions.

After this, you are given a quick 4-question, one-on-one, interview.

They ask how you handle irate customers, and how you overcome obstacles, etc

If you do well in the interview, they contact you a few days later with a job offer.

Interview Questions

• Give an example where you face a challenge and explain how you overcame it   Answer Question

Premesis Technician Interview

Interview

The hiring process was pretty good, got a phone call back in 4 days after applying for the job and received an offer about 3 days after that. The hiring manager was very friendly and asked basic questions that you would expect during an interview.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Conyers, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at AT&T (Conyers, GA) in May 2012.

Interview

I have been interviewed (and conducting interviews) for more than 15 yrs. While it is quite normal for a hiring manager to lay out some goals and expectations for the job, this interview was like no other I have been to. After arriving at the interview site, I was seated in a room with approximately 10 other applicants. Two hiring managers took turns berating and threatening the applicants assuring each of us that if we did not achieve each of the company's goals and expectations, we would be subject to severe disciplinary actions. They must have used the phrase "you will be terminated" 50 times. Next, they went on to describe the unrealistic goals and expectations. I would describe their overall attitude as condescending and callous. And all of this of course, for a salary comparable to what you could make 'stocking shelves' in a grocery store.

Interview Questions

• No usual questions. Nothing unexpected. Name one thing you could improve at.... What was your biggest accomplishment in a previous job... etc.   Answer Question

See ablove

Anonymous Employee in Baton Rouge, LA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at AT&T (Baton Rouge, LA) in February 2013.

Interview

First was a computer based test which was questions related to electricity and telecommunications. There were also a few problem solving questions. Then an interview which only consisted of three questions about your knowledge and abilities. A medical exam and drug test was conducted as well as a background check.

Interview Questions

• Questions were not difficult, just asked information about the applicants skills and abilities.   Answer Question

Negotiation

No real negotiation, Third party HR company does most of the communications

Anonymous Employee in Cleveland, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at AT&T (Cleveland, OH) in January 2009.

Interview

You initially get called in to take two separate tests. You take these tests with a group of other people that are looking for the same job. The more technical and difficult one is given first. If you pass that test the second test is easy and just basic customer service and common sense type questions. After passing the two tests you talk to the HR guy and a manager. They ask all the same basic background and situational questions that are always asked in interviews.

Interview Questions

• The pre-test before the interview is the most difficult. It makes sure that you have very basic cabling skills and abilities.   1 Answer

Negotiation

They offer you a hourly rate based on experience and education. You either take the offer or refuse it. There is no negotiation.

Anonymous Employee in New Haven, CT

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at AT&T (New Haven, CT) in December 2010.

Interview

You must pass two exams and then once you pass those you do an interview with senior field managers from different garages in the area

Negotiation

They will ask you if you've had prior experience and ask you how much you would like to be paid based on your skills ...only documented skills count

Premesis Technician Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at AT&T.

Interview

Took a long time to hear back about the job. 1st step is the assessment test, which was waved in my particular case. Then they bring you in for a Realistic Job Preview/Interview. Go to this in slacks, a button-up, and tie (equivalent for women). A lot of people showed up in jeans and I doubt they were taken seriously. The interview is a one-on-one with a 1st level Supervisor. They ask four questions and copy down your responses and their scoring for each response on a standardized form.

Interview Questions

• Describe how you would instruct a new customer on the features of U-verse.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Hourly wage is down in steps with step 9 being the highest someone can be hired at. They do give wage credit for college hours and military experience.