AT&T Premesis Technician Interview Questions | Glassdoor

AT&T Premesis Technician Interview Questions

Interviews at AT&T

2.7

Anonymous Employee in Cleveland, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at AT&T (Cleveland, OH) in January 2009.

Interview

You initially get called in to take two separate tests. You take these tests with a group of other people that are looking for the same job. The more technical and difficult one is given first. If you pass that test the second test is easy and just basic customer service and common sense type questions. After passing the two tests you talk to the HR guy and a manager. They ask all the same basic background and situational questions that are always asked in interviews.

Interview Questions

• The pre-test before the interview is the most difficult. It makes sure that you have very basic cabling skills and abilities.   1 Answer

Negotiation

They offer you a hourly rate based on experience and education. You either take the offer or refuse it. There is no negotiation.

Other Interview Reviews for AT&T

Anonymous Employee in Waukesha, WI

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at AT&T (Waukesha, WI) in December 2012.

Interview

The initial testing took around two and a half hours, as you have to wait for all being tested to show up, then a 50 minute test, then waiting while it's graded. About a week later another hour plus of orientation before the live interview. The process goes slowly, as only three or four people were available to interview the 10 of us in attendance. Fair, simple questions about your experience and why you'd like to work for AT&T.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiation. Starting pay rate quoted with automatic raises every six months to max. pay rate. Up to eight weeks training include classroom and on-the-job and are pass fail situations that will result in your dismissal if you do not qualify.

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at AT&T (Atlanta, GA) in November 2012.

Interview

pass assessment test and then you have to pass a 1 on 1

Interview Questions

• what is the most difficult situation you ever faced at work and how did you solve it?   Answer Question

Negotiation

offered me 10.00 and i have experience. i wanted 15 he said only seasoned techs get that much pay.

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at AT&T (Houston, TX) in September 2009.

Interview

Have to take 2 basic reading and comprehensive test. very easy in my opinion

Premesis Technician Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at AT&T.

Interview

Took a long time to hear back about the job. 1st step is the assessment test, which was waved in my particular case. Then they bring you in for a Realistic Job Preview/Interview. Go to this in slacks, a button-up, and tie (equivalent for women). A lot of people showed up in jeans and I doubt they were taken seriously. The interview is a one-on-one with a 1st level Supervisor. They ask four questions and copy down your responses and their scoring for each response on a standardized form.

Interview Questions

• Describe how you would instruct a new customer on the features of U-verse.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Hourly wage is down in steps with step 9 being the highest someone can be hired at. They do give wage credit for college hours and military experience.

Anonymous Employee in Charleston, SC

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at AT&T (Charleston, SC) in August 2010.

Interview

For me it took 3 month to get a interview ...they had us all come in as a group for a rjp and told us what they expected from us and how the company works ..very informative

Premesis Technician Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at AT&T in May 2011.

Interview

Basically since I worked for them before as a term, I simply applied online for the position and received a call from HR a month or so later asking If i was still interested in the job. They will ask you if you can work under some certain conditions and offer you the position which is conditional as long as you pass the background, drug and fitness test.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

The Premises Tech position is a standard pay non-negotiable.

Anonymous Employee in Detroit, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took 8 weeks. I interviewed at AT&T (Detroit, MI) in April 2013.

Interview

1.) Apply For Job
    2.) 2 Weeks later take a Assessment Test
    3.) 2 Weeks later have a in person interview with a hiring manager.
    4.) 1 Week later receive an email if you got the job or not.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Just schedule your orientation date.

Premesis Technician Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ months. I interviewed at AT&T.

Interview

The phone interview asked most of the questions about your previous experience. I actual interview was a group interview with 10 new employee recruits. We were all hired but the interview is really to have you sign some non disclosure forms and to hear an overview of the job duties. They also want to see how you interact with others.

Interview Questions

• None, very few questions were asked. Just basically had to tell the group about myself.   1 Answer

Negotiation

This was negotiated during the second phone interview.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at AT&T (San Diego, CA) in September 2011.

Interview

First thing a prem tech does is take a Logical Test to see if you can understand the concepts that you might be put in front of.

This is just the first step to getting the interview. You then have a one on one interview with the hiring manager. If you pass this you will be sent for a physical assessment consisting of doing a sit-up and holding it in various positions.

If you pass that you will be sent to drug and background screening.

Then after all that is clear you will MAYBE get a job if there is space, just when you think they arent going to call you after 2-3 months you get the call back to start.

Interview Questions

• When you are in a customers house and they ask you to mow the lawn what do you do?   1 Answer
    • If you are giving a piece of equipment that is then asked to be destroyed can you keep it?   1 Answer