AT&T Premesis Technician Interview Questions | Glassdoor

AT&T Premesis Technician Interview Questions

Interviews at AT&T

2.7

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Springfield, MO

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at AT&T (Springfield, MO) in January 2012.

Interview

I was told via email no preparation needed for interview and would take 15-20 minutes. A surprise, multiple choice question test was given upon arrival. 50 min, 50 questions. I failed the test. I have a graduate degree. I am feeling a little deceived and discouraged about the experience. I am over qualified anyway. I am thinking about applying at Verizon wireless now. I really think AT&T should get their hiring process back to human interviewing.

Interview Questions

• Find the right combination of series of numbers to work correctly.   3 Answers
  • Which screwdirver has the most torque strength? (Two pictures of screwdrivers were shown. One was longer than the other.   3 Answers

Other Interview Reviews for AT&T

Premesis Technician Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at AT&T.

Interview

Was asked for proof of college. Since I went to college I just took a pee test and was hired. This may seem awesome until you find out who you work with. Other people get hired the same way and aren't qualified nor are they good employees. I also was lied to about the job I was hired for by the lady hiring me. They needed people this bad i guess. First day of work I almost quit because it was not the job I was told it was by a longshot.

Interview Questions

• Do you have a college degree   1 Answer

Negotiation

A pee test

Anonymous Employee in Indianapolis, IN

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at AT&T (Indianapolis, IN) in July 2008.

Interview

You submit your application online, if interested AT&T will contact you. For my job I had to take a few timed tests to see if I qualified for the job. The building was an older downtown, and the rooms inside were pretty nondescript reminiscent of the 70's & 80's. After passing the written portion of the process I had a personal interview. I was asked about past experience, why i deserved a position, the usual. After finishing that and accepting job I had to go for a physical & urinalisys.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

I was offered top starting pay. There is no wiggle room it's a set payscale.

Anonymous Employee in Conyers, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at AT&T (Conyers, GA) in September 2011.

Interview

Start out by going to the corporate office to take a skills assessment which is basic mechanical knowledge and simple math. If you pass that you are selected for a Realistic Job Preview which is a session that managers come in and say how bad the job is and if you stick it out can be rewarding. If you are selected then go for your Drug Test/Physical then report to training.

Interview Questions

• What do you do if you walk into a house and witness illegal or immoral activities going on while you are performing your tasks?   2 Answers

Negotiation

No negotiation due to no prior work experience

Anonymous Employee in San Ramon, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at AT&T (San Ramon, CA) in September 2008.

Interview

Applied online, after a week I was called in to Oakland Ca. There I took a multiple question answer test on computer skills. Then took a multiple question test on mechanics/wiring.

Negotiation

None, They offered the job and asigned a salary based on prior experience. I was not given a oppritunity to give any salary requirments. They offered the job and either I excepted what they offered or not. They also did not give you time to think about it. You had to provide your answer right then and there.

Anonymous Employee in Memphis, TN

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at AT&T (Memphis, TN) in July 2012.

Interview

My application was submitted around June 1, 2012. I completed all of the steps online quickly and didn't receive a call until around June 15, 2012. Once I got the call, everything moved along. I was advised to take a drug test and then a Mechanical test at an assigned testing center. It took 3 weeks after that though and I was invited to a Realistic Job Preview which was was a general job explanation and then a 1 on 1 interview. I received the next call around July 1, 2012, when I was offered the job and general insurance, salary, etc. information. In that call, I accepted the job and was given information to attend training in Nashville, TN, August 10, 2012. It is a 7 week program, most of which, is in Nashville.

Interview Questions

• Most questions are very simple. There are some that are geared directly to the technical field though. For instance: "When have you encountered a situation where you've had to deal with a difficult customer? How did you defuse the situation?" Like I said, most of it is simple though.   Answer Question

Negotiation

There is very little to no negotiation. They offer you a job and the salary attached to it and you basically accept it or decline. You MIGHT be able to choose the location you work in IF they have space available there.

Anonymous Employee in Roswell, GA

Application

The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at AT&T (Roswell, GA) in December 2009.

Interview

Submitted online application and received email invitation to take qualifying exam. It's a very simple, math structured, test. After passing that test, a drug screen, physical and Realistic Job Preview (RJP) was scheduled. Extensive background check was done verifying all past experiences. After successfully passing those obstacles, another phone interview was conducted. AT&T calls this the CSA-F, Customer Service Assessment – Field and it is designed to see if you are going to represent AT&T well in front of the customer.

I was offered, and accepted, a job.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time that you were distracted by something either personally or professionally and tell me how you were able to overcome that.   1 Answer
    • Tell me something very quickly that you did NOT like about each job that you had.   1 Answer

Negotiation

This job starts at $9 an hour and extends as high as $15. I was told, that if you have little or no experience, to expect to start at the bottom. However, I was able to negotiate to the top of that pay band and I suggest that you try the same. You'll have to have qualifying experiences that you can discuss so BE PREPARED.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at AT&T (Dallas, TX) in July 2010.

Interview

I rec'd a call and was asked the basic questions "Are you willing to work different shifts, working outdoors, inside attics, etc?" All the same stuff I had already answered in their online application. They told me when they get an opening a sr recruiter will give me a call.

Interview Questions

• "For safety reasons, would you say you are over 285lbs?"   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Little Rock, AR

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at AT&T (Little Rock, AR) in October 2009.

Interview

Applies for the job online, Was contacted with in a week about a pre test, then was informed of the real test, it consisted of 2 parts, on a basic knowledge test and a really stupid computer test. If you passed the test then you were send back for a interview. and if hired with in a week you were sent to training.

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at AT&T (Dallas, TX) in August 2009.

Interview

You apply online and in about two weeks they ask you to come take a test. If you fail you can keep trying. If you pass you move on to a customer service knoledge interview which I think is a personality test. At the end of the call they tell you wether or not you passed.