AT&T Retail Leadership Development Program Interview Questions | Glassdoor

AT&T Retail Leadership Development Program Interview Questions

Interviews at AT&T

2.9

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at AT&T (Atlanta, GA) in March 2013.

Interview

Prescreening phone interview with recruiter, webcam interview with recruiter, onsite interview in Atlanta, GA. Onsite interview consists of tour of program facilities, break out sessions with management and directors of program, and one 30-minute interview with one of the directors.

Interview Questions

• Very typical interview questions, read systematically from a list of choices. Interviewer simply records your response. Very little conversation or interaction.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for AT&T

Retail Leadership Development Program Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at AT&T in March 2013.

Interview

I applied online and recieved a call from HR within a week. The college recruiter was a nice lady from Florida, she called on a tuesday and scheduled a webcam interview on friday; she will send a link which allows you to download the AT&T webcam connect. She is very polite, friendly, and makes you feel very comfortable during the interview. I actually thought I was doing very well because she would respond to some of my interview answers, for example, when she asked about a weakness after I explained my answer in detail she told me a story about when she had to interview 500 people. The interview took 30 mintues and after the interview I was allowed to asked questions. I asked about the day-to-day responsibilitites and the next step in the hiring process; I felt like I should of asked more questions. She told me I would hear back from her on Tuesday. I felt very confident about the interview, but on tuesday morning I received a email explaining I didn't meet all of the required criteria for the position. None of the questions were difficult.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about your resume. Why Retail? Why the program? Where do you see yourself after the program? What do you know about AT&T? How do you feel about commission based salary? Are you willing to relocate? Tell me about a time you had to give someone feedback. Tell me about a time you dealt with an angry customer. Tell me about a time you had a successful sell. Tell me about a time you had to help someone through change. Tell me about a challenging obstacle and how did you overcome it. Three strengths and one weakness. A decision you made that you regret. A time you were in an unethical situation and what did you do.   1 Answer

Retail Leadership Development Program Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at AT&T in February 2013.

Interview

I was called the day I submitted my application to set up a time for a video interview. The interview took about 30 minutes and consisted of the basic, standard interview questions. Strengths, weaknesses, why retail, why at&t and so on?

Interview Questions

• No questions were difficult but if there had to be one it would be why retail as I hadn't really considered an answer.   Answer Question

Retail Leadership Development Program Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at AT&T in February 2013.

Interview

Applied through school career network and company website;
    Went to the info session;
    Had interview on-campus

Interview Questions

• When someone to ask you to do something unethical, what did you do?   1 Answer

Retail Leadership Development Program Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at AT&T in February 2013.

Interview

This is my 2nd review. It will cover the 2nd & 3rd interviews. I will type "(repeated)" after questions that were in both interviews. In random order, 2nd interview:
    1: tell me about a sell that was fulfilling to you
    2: your ideal job
    3: tell me about your leadership style
    4: tell me about when you helped peers/cooworkers adjust through a change
    5: tell me about a situation with your most difficult customer
    6: why does this program interest you (repeat)
    7: are you willing to relocate (repeat)
    8: discuss a bad decision u made and how u would handle it differently now
    9: tell me about a time u helped a peer/coworker to better develop themself
    10: a time when u had to confront a group member for working poorly / constructive criticism (repeat).
            This 2nd interview took place at a local store where I was given anipad to conduct it from. I was alone in the manager's office and it took a full hour. Even if you ask questions in the beginning, you must continue with 4+ questions afterwards. He wanted irrelevant questions, such as "how did u get your job". I really don't care. I want to know more about specifics that will be impacting me and my life throughout the program. From my experience, these specific questions were more welcomed at the corporate interview. The 2nd took place about a week after the first. I was notified in 2 days that I had passed the 1st Moving on to the 3rd interview:
    1: tell me about yourself
    2: when u researched at&t, what did u learn
    3: tell me about a time u faced a competition but made the sell anyway
    4: tell me about when u were asked to do something unethical/what did u do (also in 1st interview)
    5: why do u choose the rldp program, how does it fit with your career goals, what interests you most about the program
    6: tell me about a time u went against group consensus
    7: 3 strengths and 1 weakness
    8: what is your biggest obstacle
        This 3rd interview took place at atlanta, georgia. The whole ordeal wasn't so bad. Fyi: the hotel has a stove, microwave, fridge, toaster, coffee pot, free coffee and a bag of popcorn. No blowdryer. You should dress up on your plane ride just in case u end up riding with an executive. You will be relocating more times than you think, and are told to like it or get out. What u dont find out until u speak with mentors, is that 7 weeks into the program, u are relocated for about a month. Then u come back to GA to continue with your classes. After the 6 mth GA program, u are relocated for 6 mths, and then it seems u are given your real position. You will never be in your hometown. I believe this is one of the reasons they are looking for kids still in the beginning of their BAs. You will need to have no situational baggage (kids, home,pets). Say bye to them all, because they don't care 1%. i had never seen so many fake people in my life, but the other interviewees were just the right personality type for it. You must not be a critical thinker. If you are, keep it to yourself. They want someone who will be impressed and say "fantastic" to everything. You will have a roommate for 6 mths at their apartment complex that they'll put u in. They want you to act all energetic and bubbly all day long, if you can pull that off, while saying "yes" to everything, and never really questioning their logic, can handle being relocated a trillion times, can handle working in dress clothes everyday, being around fake people, and having one as a rommate..... Then, this program could be for you. I just returned from GA last night. Offers take up to 2 weeks. Another fyi: I asked my recruiter how many people they were looking for (another dumb question to him), he said that they have room for everybody, so as long as they like u, they will make u an offer. Yes, he seriously said I had dumb questions. I will quote for you so that you can avoid this.... I had previously asked "at what point during the 6mth GA program are we notified about where we will be relocating to?". Ok, when he called to review things before my flight to GA, he referenced that previous question and said "you don't want to ask questions like that, you want to ask Smart questions, like 'how did u get your job with att'? ". Yes he did say that. And no, I don't like him. The only genuine person i met on this trip was the driver, and possibly one of the current program students.

Interview Questions

• When u helped coworkers through a process of change   1 Answer

Retail Leadership Development Program Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at AT&T in June 2013.

Interview

After submitting an online application I received a follow-up email inviting me to a web interview. The web interview was with a recruiter and is basic first interview with questions about previous experiences, why you'd be a good candidate, etc. They do ask over and over if you are willing to relocate.

After the web interview, I was invited to an Interviewing Event in Atlanta, GA. Where the Mobility HQ is located. The day was very fun! Fast paced and very informational. After the interviewing day I was contacted by phone and offered the position.

Interview Questions

• No question was unexpectedly difficult, they do expect you to have many questions prepared for them though.   Answer Question

Retail Leadership Development Program Interview

Interview

you initially do a virtual interview after completing that phase you get a web cam cam interview. i did not make it past that phase

Interview Questions

• STAR - questions make sure to use situtation, task, action, result   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at AT&T (Atlanta, GA) in October 2013.

Interview

Applied on the AT&T website & received an email one day later inviting me to a virtual interview. One day after that I received a call from the recruiter setting up a phone interview. I made it to the third round of interviews at the Headquarters event in Atlanta, GA. The process was really nice, but the job wasn't for me.

Interview Questions

• Demonstrate your selling abilities using something in this room.   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at AT&T (Atlanta, GA).

Interview

Phone Interview
    Skype Interview
    Executive Interview in Atlanta

Interview Questions

• All easy- Use STAR method when answering questions   1 Answer

Negotiation

None

Retail Leadership Development Program Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at AT&T in February 2014.

Interview

pretty much the same process as everyone else previously stated. I applied and received an email for a virtual interview. Two weeks later had a phone interview with a recruiter. She said I did a good job. That same day I got an email saying they were going to pursue other candidates because they may or may not have more 'experience'. Its a recent graduate program so the point is to get experience

Interview Questions

• behavioral questions. What was your best sale? How do you deal with difficult customer? Your hardest obstacle?   Answer Question