AT&T Retail Sales Associate Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Oct 17, 2017

2.7

30 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fort Wayne, IN

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at AT&T (Fort Wayne, IN) in September 2017.

Interview

Drawn out and a waste of time. I've interviewed 4 times over the past 3 years with them and all they've ever done is waste my time. The processes have taken 3-4 weeks each time. Please tell me why they've called me in for 4 separate interviews only to waste my time and tell me I'm not "qualified" enough when I have 3 years of wireless sales experience. They review my resume each time before they call me in so they know what to expect as far as my qualifications go. Overall just a waste of time. Go work for Verizon or Sprint.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for AT&T

Anonymous Employee in Chino Hills, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at AT&T (Chino Hills, CA) in September 2017.

Interview

The interview process was very easy and in a comfortable setting. There was two people that interviewed me at once and they were very nice and knowledgeable. I stumbled at the end when they asked me did I have any questions lol I pretty much stumbled over the words of my question but they seemed to understand. I left the interview very confident however I was upset with myself over that. I was very pleased that I got a phone call 5 days later with a offer! The Background check and drug testing took no time so overall the interview process went very well and pretty quick. Down fall is I got the job offer early, close to mid September and at first I was told that I would start work on Oct. 2nd but I don't start until Oct. 6th. Pretty common for my work background but I am just ready to work and meet my new team!

Interview Questions

• I was asked to sale my Fitbit Blaze that I was wearing at the time.   1 Answer
    • How do you position sales to customers?   1 Answer

Retail Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at AT&T in August 2017.

Interview

I completed the online application Friday, a few minutes later I received two emails. One of the emails required me to do an online a pre-employment assessment. By Monday I received a phone call to set up a phone interview.

Retail Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at AT&T in August 2017.

Interview

Very quick process upfront with assessments and recorded interview. The 2nd phone interview is where they make the hiring decision. I could hear someone in the background saying "very good" after each answer. Had a splendid interview face to face with the manager, then after 3 interviews in 3 days came a lapse in time. Waiting weeks for a decision. Still waiting...

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chattanooga, TN

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at AT&T (Chattanooga, TN).

Interview

Applied online and was sent two assessment tests by email. Next I received an email for a video interview. It had 8 questions. The video interview is not live but recorded. After the question is asked a timer counts down to start recording your response. You have the option to preview it, retry or continue to the next question. I've read that the purpose of the video interview is to find out if you speak clearly and are easily understood. I just finished the video interview and am waiting for an email to let me know if the interview process will continue.

Anonymous Employee in Nashville, TN

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at AT&T (Nashville, TN) in April 2017.

Interview

I applied online twice, the first time I didn't have open weekend availability, which I believe was the key to not being asked for an interview. The second time I put my hours as being fully open. Within just 2 or 3 days I had a phone call for a screening where I briefly described my work history. I didn't have to talk too much about details and what exactly I did, basically just explained how long I'd been in customer service roles. By the end of the phone call, the interviewer told me she wanted to schedule me for an actual phone interview. A couple days later I had that interview. The interviewer was about 15 minutes late calling, but once we started talking, the interview lasted about an hour, talking a lot more about work history, and asking specific examples (handling conflict at work, with customers or with coworkers, why AT&T, why are you wanting to leave your current job, etc.). During this part, make sure you have specific moments to talk about, rather than speaking in a general sense. At the end of this phone call, we scheduled a 'Realistic Job Preview' in the store location I was interviewing for. I went to that, and at this stage, they expect you to be asking them questions. I was prepared for this because my phone interviewer had given me a few examples of questions to ask (commission goals each month, asking them about best parts of the job, just questions to find out a little bit more about the actual store).
    After this I did have a while before I heard back, it took about 2 weeks, and I called the store to try to talk to the manager I'd interviewed with, but wasn't able to get him, left a message, didn't hear back. A week later, the phone interviewer called me, apologizing for the delay in response but there'd been an issue in their system, but she told me the interview had gone well, and I would be hearing from them either way within a week. A week later I got a phone call from the first phone screening person offering me the job, and then I started on the paperwork part of the process (background check, drug test).

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Savannah, GA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at AT&T (Savannah, GA) in April 2017.

Interview

The process was very fast and casual. District manager interviewed me, basically explained that you get as much out of the company as you put in. Asked a few questions about my previous sales experience, how I would fit into the company.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Birmingham, AL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at AT&T (Birmingham, AL) in April 2017.

Interview

The inteerview as done online and recorded. The problem is the recording software blacks out your own camera while recording, so you can't see yourself as you're speaking. This lead to multiple retakes and reshoots, for which I was penalized and didn't get the job.

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at AT&T (New York, NY) in April 2017.

Interview

At first the interview was done via on the computer answering virtual questions. The next interview was at the headquarters in ny. The last was at the store. The store interview literally took five minutes. Also the headquarters interview asks you to sell them an app.

Interview Questions

• Why do you think you would be an asset for AT&T?   1 Answer

Retail Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at AT&T.

Interview

I Applied online and took an assessment test was called in a few days later for a 1:1 interview. Interview was scheduled very far from home and had to pay parking fees!

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you had a difficult customer and how did you handle it.   Answer Question