AT&T Retail Sales Associate Interview Questions | Glassdoor

AT&T Retail Sales Associate Interview Questions

Updated Feb 9, 2017

2.8

Retail Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at AT&T.

Interview

I Applied online and took an assessment test was called in a few days later for a 1:1 interview. Interview was scheduled very far from home and had to pay parking fees!

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you had a difficult customer and how did you handle it.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for AT&T

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at AT&T (New York, NY).

Interview

Manager didn't make eye contact, told me he'll get back with me within two weeks, haven't hearing about from him, that was 3 weeks ago. My classmate told me he went through the same thing

Interview Questions

• Why did I leave my previous job   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Las Vegas, NV

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at AT&T (Las Vegas, NV) in October 2016.

Interview

Walked in on the 14th to pay my bill and asked about any open positions. Manager on duty gave me his card and told me to fill out an application. I did so and told him the next day about it. Had a phone interview for Monday the 17th and my final job offer on the 21st. Heading to the location on the 26th to finish paperwork and will officially start training on the 31st. Overall, very speedy process compared to ones I read about, but being referred to by the manager probably assisted in that.

Interview Questions

• Describe a moment where you had to show compassion for someone. What was the situation and how did you respond?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tustin, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at AT&T (Tustin, CA).

Interview

It was about a 25 minute interview. The recruiter who interviewed me was very nice and made me feel very comfortable, she asked about different scenarios I have been in with sales and customer service. I think I did pretty good

Anonymous Employee in Santa Cruz, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at AT&T (Santa Cruz, CA) in March 2015.

Interview

I had made acquaintances with one of the store manager before he got promoted. As soon as I found out his new number, we conducted our interview over the phone, then another followed with the current store manager. The questions we went over during the phone interview were pretty straightforward: How has your past job/school experience prepared you for this position? What positions have you held in the past? Have much experience do you in customer service?, etc.

The actual face-to-face interview with the manager went a bit different, but about half of the questions asked were targeted towards more specific scenario type questions. Be prepared to use the STAR interview answering method to answer these questions. You want to come in to this interview 110% prepared. Remember all of your answers as if they were written right in front of your face. If you stutter, think too long or hard, or budge, they're most likely going to go with a more qualified candidate. There's little room in the final interview to express your personality because the questions are very technically-based. It's all about your confident delivery and how you phrase the information. Good luck.

Interview Questions

• To name a few:

Why should we hire you?
      Why AT&T?
      Give a specific example when you over-exceeded (or went above and beyond) your customers expectations?
      Answer Question

Retail Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at AT&T.

Interview

They mostly asked behavioral type questions, like how you performed under deadlines, in stressful situations, or those requiring to deal with difficult people. I thought the interviewers were very competent. They also provided lunch, which is always a nice touch. I would recommend them to any other high school grads who are working part-time in college.

Interview Questions

• Describe to me how you would sell a product to a most difficult potential customer?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Jersey City, NJ

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at AT&T (Jersey City, NJ) in January 2015.

Interview

I was asked about my experience and provided info on what working for AT&T involved. I was given information on the training process and what it would entail. Then, I was set up to begin training within a matter of days. It all went smoothly.

Interview Questions

• How do you rate your communication skills on a scale of 1-10   1 Answer

Retail Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at AT&T.

Interview

Took 3-4 weeks from the initial application to start training. About 12 business days till contact. Scheduled sit down interview within a few days and started training about a week and a half later.

Interview Questions

• Bunch of irritating psychological questions like " tell me about a time where you were faced with a customer who had many challenges and how did you overcome those challenges while making the customer delighted with joy and shooting rainbows out of their butts with pure joy when they left the store"   Answer Question

Negotiation

None

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Anaheim, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at AT&T (Anaheim, CA) in September 2014.

Interview

Too many questions, I thought it was going to be positive but it turned out to be negative, because I did not get the job!!! The lady who did the interview was very nice and helpful so I believe that if you prepare more and are really familiar with the way it works in that type of environment you have a chance as for me it was my first time trying out in that area.

Interview Questions

• tell me about yourself? what is integrity? tell me about something that you're passionate about?   Answer Question

Retail Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at AT&T.

Interview

Applied online, took 45 minute assessment.. Attended Hiring event and interviewed with three managers; 2 Store managers and a district manager (whom is really great by the way).. Received a phone call from a +00 number for another interview with a store manager... Interview is next week...

Interview Questions

• Name a time when a technology problem frustrated you?
      Most difficult situation and how did you handle it?
      how do you handle a customer who only wants to pay her bill?
      Tell me about yourself?
      Why AT&T?
      What do we do different than other cell phone companies?
      What do you do if you are not meeting your quota(goal)?
      what kind of starter are you? Basically are you a self motivator or do you need to be pushed!
      1 Answer