AT&T Retail Sales Consultant Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Dec 6, 2017

2.7

356 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Employee in Charleston, SC

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at AT&T (Charleston, SC).

Interview

The interview process included a phone interview with basic questions, a face to face with a recruiter, then a face to face with a manager in the store. The worst part was the application process online. After that it was pretty normal. I felt like the face to face with the manager in the store was the make or break portion.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for AT&T

Retail Sales Consultant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at AT&T.

Interview

So far I have only completed the video interview. It was easy to set-up and there weren't any issues using the required app from my phone. Fortunately it wasn't a live video interview, and I was able to redo an answer if I messed up.

Anonymous Employee in Crawfordsville, IN

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at AT&T (Crawfordsville, IN) in September 2017.

Interview

- online application
    -after a week, email to complete online webcam prerecorded interview
    -receive email letting you know you're still in the running
    -after about 5 days, you'll get a call to set up face to face interview with store manager and area manager at the store
    -will be called within 72 hours of interview for job offer

Interview Questions

• Describe an unsuccessful/negative experience you had with a customer and how did you deal with it?   Answer Question
    • Why do you believe you're a good fit for AT&T?   Answer Question
    • How could you apply what you've learned at past jobs to this current position?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in New Bern, NC

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at AT&T (New Bern, NC) in August 2017.

Interview

Application; pre-assessment; assessment; phone interview; store interview... Awaiting response... The application process went really fast for me, after I submitted my application I received a recorded interview invitation after completing that I received a phone call from HR the next morning she scheduled a phone interview with the Regional Hiring manager for a few days away after that interview a week later I received a in store interview offer by HR for the next day, I went in for that interview today and It went extremely well. Hoping that I receive a job offer!

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Harvey, LA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at AT&T (Harvey, LA) in August 2017.

Interview

Applied on a Thursday and got a phone call for an interview that Saturday for Monday. Interview went fast and I was prepared for all but one of the questions I was asked and I thought it went well. Tuesday night I received an email to complete an online interview and I did it that morning. I was supposed to get an email stating they received the interview... never did. Today I got the "thanks but no thanks email" The online interview was 10 questions for me with the last 5 being "what would you do in this situation" type questions.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself   Answer Question
    • What's your availability   Answer Question
    • Name a time you were able to help someone with a new device [online interview]   Answer Question
    • Name a time you helped a difficult customer [online interview]   Answer Question
    • Name a time you were given an assignment at work that you didn't agree with in details, what did you do and what was the outcome. [online interview ]   Answer Question

Retail Sales Consultant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at AT&T in August 2017.

Interview

I applied online through the AT&T website on a Tuesday. The next day, I received an email to complete the recorded video interview. For this position, it was 10 questions about your experience and why you believe you are a good fit for this position. I submitted mine by Thursday. After I submitted that, I received a call from the hiring manager the following Monday. He offered an interview with the Store Manager the next day, but I had to wait until the following week since I was traveling from a city 3 hours away. I had 2 interviews the following Tuesday. Received the job offer call that Thursday.

Interview Questions

• What's something you do outside of work?   1 Answer
    • Tell me about a time you received feedback from a manager. How did you react?   1 Answer
    • Tell me about a time you were told to do something by a manager and you didn't agree with the details.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Dayton, OH

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at AT&T (Dayton, OH).

Interview

Very easy depending on who is interviewing you. Mine was by a ARSM that was on his way out leaving and really he made an offer on the spot.

Anonymous Employee in Charlotte, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at AT&T (Charlotte, NC).

Interview

I submitted my application online and a few days shortly received an email asking me to do a video interview. It takes about 10-15 minutes and they have about 5-10 prerecorded questions loaded on the screen that you have to answer. After that I received a call where I was scheduled for a phone interview for the following week. That phone interview was with the regional hiring manager and it was half her asking some job experience questions and then half giving me a lot of information about the position and what it entails. She then schedules me for an in store interview with the hiring manager.. the interview itself took about half an hour and it was pretty informal. Mostly just discussing my job experience and him going over what the position entails in his store. The day after I received a call with the offer. The entire process was long, it took about a month from the day I applied until I received an offer.

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at AT&T (Dallas, TX) in July 2017.

Interview

I applied online. I filled out basic information, included past work information, and resume/coverletter/references. Then there was a skill assessment. I got a call about 2 weeks later. There was a short phone interview. They asked if I could shadow someone at AT&T, I said yes. Then after the shadowing the manger asked me if I would like to join the team.

Interview Questions

• Describe a situation when you had to accomplish a goal with team members?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Tucson, AZ

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at AT&T (Tucson, AZ) in July 2017.

Interview

I applied for the full-time position and had to take a couple assessments as a pre-screening process. I passed that then got a call about a week later where they asked me about my experience and gave basic information about the job. We also scheduled a phone interview since the in-person interview would have to be in Mesa, Phoenix but I am from Tucson. I just finished the phone interview where the interviewer explained more about the job, benefits, commission, etc. We then moved onto behavioral interview questions. The woman on the phone was very friendly and the interview process went well as she made it easy to talk to her. She explained how if I were to get recommended to the store manager, I would get a call next week to schedule an in person interview.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you had to persuade someone to do something.

Tell me about a time you had to show someone how to use a certain product involving technology.

Tell me about a time you went above and beyond for a customer.   Answer Question