AT&T Retail Sales Consultant Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Aug 19, 2017

2.7

339 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Port Orange, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at AT&T (Port Orange, FL).

Interview

A lot of "where do you see yourself in 5 years" type questions. Had an initial interview with HR rep and then another interview about a week later with the area manager, the store manager, and an HR rep.

Interview Questions

• What would you do if you were not getting along with a manager?   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for AT&T

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lafayette, LA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at AT&T (Lafayette, LA) in February 2016.

Interview

1) Applied on-line
    2) Took Several personal Assessments
    3) Phone interview(ask about work history and resume)
    4) In store interview with Regional Hiring Manager
    5) Interview with 2 store managers
    6) Waiting on offer

Process started very quick my understanding was store very short on staff. The process took about 1wk and a half.

Interview Questions

• Why At&t

Role play... walk me through one activate your good at.

Tell me a time you weren't able to help a customer meet his needs.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Scott, PA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at AT&T (Scott, PA) in February 2016.

Interview

Had a phone screen with a recruiter, then a phone interview with an HR manager for over an hour which seemed to go well. He said I should hear back about my next steps within a week. Well, two weeks later I got another call - from another recruiter, trying to set me up for a phone interview again. When I told her I had already done a phone interview with that HR manager, she was confused and said the HR manager hadn't keyed any notes in my profile about me or even verified that we had spoken at all. Thanks a lot, AT&T. Big waste of time.

Interview Questions

• They asked me to walk them through a typical day of work at every position I've ever held.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at AT&T (New York, NY) in February 2016.

Interview

Applied late Jan. Got an email 1-2 weeks later to set up an 1:1 interview with a hiring manager. She set up me for an in-store interview with the store manager the very next day. I went in, took in my resume, interview was very comfortable. I try to interact with the employees there so they know I'm out-going and compatible with the team. Store interview didn't ask as much questions as the first, just details the role of the position I applied for. Went well!

A week later, I got the phone with an offer, plus the details on background and drug test. A week later, was clear for hired. Lengthy, but worth it!

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at AT&T (Dallas, TX) in February 2016.

Interview

I applied for the position on Feb. 1 2016, received a call 5 days later, a week after the call, had an interview. I studied what was said on here, just basic inverview questions plus At&t gives you advice on how to practice for your interview.

Interview Questions

• Where do you see yourself in 7 years?   1 Answer

Retail Sales Consultant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at AT&T.

Interview

Quick phone interview followed by interview with Hiring Manager on location. He ask basic behavior questions. I was called back to interview once more with a manager of a store. Soon after, I received an offer.

Interview Questions

• Name a time when you had to show leadership in a tough situation.   2 Answers

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Philadelphia, PA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at AT&T (Philadelphia, PA) in January 2016.

Interview

I applied online back in September, a week before the Pope came. I can't remember the exact day, it was a Saturday. After the application I was sent a email to do a test online that Sunday. Monday I received a call from a recruiter whom briefed me on the job details and to set up a over- the-phone interview/screening with the Regional Hiring Manager. Then she setup and in person interview about two days later. I went there met with the store manager... that interview went great. About 1 and 1/2 hours after I left, the store manager called me and asked if I could meet with the Assistant Store Manager at another location. So I drove over and had a interview with 2 people. Now the Pope came and shut the city down so everything was at a stand still.. I waited about two weeks when I followed up the Assistant Store Manager told me the first store manager was looking for a male and that's why he sent me to him... And he needed to talk to his Store Manager to see how things were going... I really was excited about the job so weeks later I checked online and a different location was I hiring I applied for that location and the Regional manager called me back and said thank you for applying, I'm happy that you did. So I had a interview at a different location with the Regional Sales Manager... that interview was tuff he didn't smile or seem friendly at all. After a week not hearing back I called to follow up and was sent to another store to do another interview with the store manager on City Line Avenue by now it is December. Two days later the store manager calls me back to tell me they promoted someone within that store, and they wanted me to go back online and apply for a different position.

Interview Questions

• Why do I want to work for the company   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cerritos, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at AT&T (Cerritos, CA) in January 2016.

Interview

Process took about 3 months, and boy what a WASTE of time, first interviewed with someone from ATT Staffing, was then directed to meet with a Hiring manager on January 25th , interview was basic star questions, she had then informed about the pay and benefits, she had then informed me that she would like to pass me on to a second interview with a store manager, she said look out for an email. A week went by and no update what so ever, (by the way communication with staffing is vague and misleading). After a week of not hearing from her, I sent her an email to find out what the status was, she tells me that she was still trying to find a manager available for the second interview. A few days later I got an email saying that they had chosen another candidate for the position and was disqualified. I called her back and asked her why I got this email. I asked her what about my second interview? her response was NOTHING WAS PROMISED. WHEN I HAVE AN EMAIL OF HER RESPONSE AGREEING THAT I WAS GETTING A SECOND INTERVIEW. She then stated and I could attend a hiring event that was available to 100 plus candidates. I met her at the event and she passed me on to two store managers, who were well respected and hire up with ATT. Interview was about 20 minutes, they asked me different scenario questions. At the end of the interview, both of them asked if I had any questions, I said no, they then said to wait while they go talk to someone. They come back and walk me over to the staffing manager. They said congratulations, shook their hands, smiled and then passed me on to the staffing manager which said congratulations as well. She said wait for a call or email. After not hearing anything after a week, I called and they informed me that I did not qualify for the position. All I have to say was the process was very MISLEADING and a BIG waste of time. Why would you tell someone congratulations and not offer them the job?

Anonymous Employee in Fort Collins, CO

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at AT&T (Fort Collins, CO) in January 2016.

Interview

Submitted application with cover letter, resume and references. Then after submitting you take an assessment (very easy but lots of questions).. I had two interviews one over the phone with the hiring manager for that district and one in store. From submission of application to offer; the whole process took about 3 weeks.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

If you have previous retail/ cellphone experience and can prove you'll be a true asset they will start you hiring then most. But every 6 months they will give you a raise and they also do tuition reimbursement. They'll actually pay for your college education. Advice: submit a personalized cover letter. It makes you stand out.

Anonymous Employee in Tyler, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at AT&T (Tyler, TX) in January 2016.

Interview

Had to wait a couple of months before getting an interview. Had to do a phone interview which was fairly easy and then i went through a blitz interview 1 on 1. Its when a bunch of people come in at once and f2f interviews are back to back.

Interview Questions

• How much do I know about AT&T?   1 Answer