AT&T Retail Sales Representative Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Sep 22, 2017

2.5

68 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Birmingham, AL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at AT&T (Birmingham, AL) in September 2017.

Interview

The interview was actually by watching a video of questions and then recording answers and uploading them. The problem was their software wouldn't pick up my ATR2100 microphone and instead only used my webcam mic and it sounded like a was in a cave and speaking faster than the video.

Interview Questions

• Why do I think I would be good for the position?   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for AT&T

Anonymous Employee in Hartford, CT

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at AT&T (Hartford, CT) in March 2017.

Interview

I applied online, the next day I got an email with an online assessment, I took the test and after a few days I got another email saying that I'll be contacted soon to scheduled an interview and i did. I'll have my interview two days from now in an AT&t Store.

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at AT&T (Dallas, TX) in February 2016.

Interview

There was three interviews total. The first was over the phone with the recruiter. This was where expectations were set, but didnt follow through. The base salary that was promised was significantly reduced. The later interviews couldn't verify my salary because it wasn't in there department. The second and third interview was back to back. They accomidated my situation and moved the interview forward, that was a bonus I didn't anticipate. The second interview was in person in a Dallas retail store. The recruiter asked very standard interview questions. The one curveball that he threw at me was asking me to teach him something. The third interview was again standard, but with the store managers that I would be working with.

Interview Questions

• What do you know about AT&T?

Why choose AT&T?

Describe a time where you faced adversity in a team environment.

Teach me something I don't know   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at AT&T (New York, NY) in February 2016.

Interview

The interview is made for the manager of the store that is looking for a Salesperson.
    First, they call you they did some questions about your actual situation if you have a job or not. where do you live, after that they said they gonna call back and set up an interview.

Interview Questions

• Basically, they ask you for your pass jobs and they want to know if you are a good sales person and if you are good with people and resolve problems.
      You need to show that you are aggressive in sales and that you love to reach goals and want to make money.   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at AT&T (Los Angeles, CA) in January 2016.

Interview

recruiter called me and we did an phone interview. We did a phone screening and i then interviewed with the store manager who i would be reporting to. recruiter was very nice and the store manager was more afraid i will take his job one day. overall it was a good experience.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Evansville, IN

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at AT&T (Evansville, IN) in December 2015.

Interview

Applied online, got an email, scheduled an phone interview, waited 2 weeks for reply if I moved on, scheduled in store interview. Now I'm waiting to see if I get an offer.

Interview Questions

• How do you use technology in your everyday life? Whats your experience in retail?   Answer Question

Retail Sales Representative Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at AT&T.

Interview

Typical interview questions. Asked a lot about sales techniques. I think they liked how I talked about my experience in conveying value quickly and efficiently to the consumer. Having previous sales experience was probably the most important thing, besides already knowing a couple employees (including the manager).

Interview Questions

• What made you want to apply for a job here?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Fayetteville, AR

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at AT&T (Fayetteville, AR) in March 2015.

Interview

Long and drawn out; it took about two months to finally get an acceptance. Met with HR rep, then a manager, followed by another manager. Once the final offer was made, it took a month to finally get into training.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Indianapolis, IN

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at AT&T (Indianapolis, IN) in December 2014.

Interview

Horrible and rude experience with the redhead lady from hell. She doesn't smile, she asks the same typical questions about your sales background and has you sell or teach her something new. If this is the kind of personalities at&t are looking for than there's no way I'd want to be a part of that. By the way, if your hired you get the leftover shifts that people don't want, until you have been there the longest.

Interview Questions

• Tell me a time when you overcame a problem with a customer?   1 Answer

Would never have a say on my schedule. All weekends and always closing, no thank you!

Anonymous Employee in Aurora, IL

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at AT&T (Aurora, IL) in December 2014.

Interview

Applied at job fair. Straight forward questions. One on one with recruiter or HR rep for the company. After a few questions asked to come in for another face to face at a local store.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiating for the position.