AT&T Sales Associate Interview Questions | Glassdoor

AT&T Sales Associate Interview Questions

Updated Jan 10, 2017

2.7

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Omaha, NE

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at AT&T (Omaha, NE).

Interview

Phone interview followed by in-store interview. The phone interview talked a lot about personality and approaches to diversity. We talked at length about dynamic scheduling and the pros and cons versus having set schedules. I challenged my interviewer on some negative aspects of the job I read about but he didn't mind and acknowledged some truthfully and denied others.

Other Interview Reviews for AT&T

Anonymous Employee in Greenville, SC

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at AT&T (Greenville, SC).

Interview

You have to take an online personality assessment and take a brief skills test- reading, math, typing, etc. If you pass the assessments then an interview is scheduled. The interview is pretty standard- scenario questions, expand on your resume and past experiences, education, etc. The interview is one on one style. The interview is usually with a sales manager or sales director. You may be asked to pick your favorite thing and then to try to 'sell' it to the interviewer.

Interview Questions

• tell me about a time that you had to persuade someone to do something that you may not want to do yourself   Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at AT&T in June 2016.

Interview

The interviewing process was smooth. Gotta call back the next day. I was already familiar with sales. They asked me a lot of personal questions they made it very personal.

Interview Questions

• What does customer service mean to you?
      How will you successful at this company?
      What is your expected base pay?
      How much do you want to make a year?
      Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Salinas, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at AT&T (Salinas, CA) in May 2016.

Interview

Lengthy - multiple phone interviews with multiple different people.First interview went great, 2nd interview went well, 3rd interview was rushed and it seemed like the person just wanted to be done. I felt like the third person didn't like me right off the bat and didn't really want to do the interview. I also got the impression that even though I was overqualified for the job the other two people I spoke with were very impressed with me and thought I would succeed there.

Interview Questions

• Can you handle multiple interruptions during the day? Detail?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at AT&T (Los Angeles, CA) in May 2016.

Interview

There was a brief over the phone interview that asked simple personality questions. Then I received an in-store interview that went over that particular stores goals and standards. The manager asked me general sales questions about my previous employers. They asked about my knowledge of brands and cell phones but never asked a specific questions to test me. I had great sales experience but the manager was tired and we didn't really have that great of chemistry. They'll give you an interview if you have the experience but they'll give you the job if they like you, which is standard for most places.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Miramar, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at AT&T (Miramar, FL) in April 2016.

Interview

I submit an application to Carnival and had a phone interview. the question were very basic and and the recruiter offer me to come in for a in-person interview. When i got there the interview process took about an hour, you spent 30 minutes listening on a call and the remaining half with the interviewer. I was a bit nervous and I didn't answer the question to the best of my ability. I waited for there response, but even though I have over 14yrs of experience I learned my lesson you have to Ace the interview else you wont get the job.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Annapolis, MD

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at AT&T (Annapolis, MD) in September 2015.

Interview

Applied online. Had initial telephone screen within a week, then went for in-person interview. Also had to take online personality assessment. Overall, it was pretty average. Got two automated messages after the interview, one that I was selected to move on to the next interview and then one that said I was removed from further consideration.

Interview Questions

• Pretty standard interview questions, strengths and weaknesses.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Honolulu, HI

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at AT&T (Honolulu, HI) in August 2015.

Interview

I got a phone call from the regional HR manager and scheduled a phone interview for the next day. I was so nervous but she made me feel calm and was very thorough throughout the process. She asked behavioral and personality questions. Easy stuff, but be prepared and study. Know the history of this company and the job description you are applying for. Try to sell yourself and convince them that you deserve the job.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Rochester, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at AT&T (Rochester, NY) in July 2015.

Interview

Interview office location was quite difficult to find, interview room was probably 80 degrees. Sat with interviewer and listened for 10 minutes to a clear and concise description of her background and an explanation of the entire on-boarding process for AT&T. Was told that I would not have a choice in choosing job location, could be anywhere in greater Rochester area. Would have to travel during on-boarding process as far as Boston or NYC with expenses paid. Really not a great flow, didn't seem like a conversation just various random questions and then it was over.

Interview Questions

• Give us an example of an interaction with a customer who was upset with the service you provided   Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

Interview

Interview was easy process. Applied one time for position. Interview question were very easy. Was able to apply my previous skills the the interview questions that were asked. Also completed a basic knowledge test on computer and that had basic math and customer service skills.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Yes the process was easy. I also started at a lower per hour and a temp. After 6 months I was hired permanent and received a $7.00 pay increase.