AT&T Sales Associate Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Sep 18, 2017

2.7

59 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hagerstown, MD

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at AT&T (Hagerstown, MD) in April 2017.

Interview

It was a facetime interview. The interviewer was laying on her couch and I could see the TV flickering in the background, literally. She put alot of emphasis on commision and I honestly felt like she had already made her decision prior to interviewing me because she kept asking me questions like "are you SURE you can meet sales goals?" Over and over. She wasn't rude but definitely made me second guess whether I wanted the job.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for AT&T

Anonymous Employee in New Haven, CT

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at AT&T (New Haven, CT) in March 2017.

Interview

I went to a hire fair they were holding in rocky hill, ct. pretty straight forward I filled out a paper with personal info then I had a 10 min interview with one person. I answered every question very quick did research before the interview and I was called 2 days later saying I got the job.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for us?   1 Answer

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at AT&T in March 2017.

Interview

After completing the online tests, an interview was scheduled with two local managers. General interview questions, STAR method-like. They explained about the company, the position, the training, etc. They asked about how I would handle certain situations, if I felt uncomfortable trying to promote products that the client might not be interested on, etc.They mentioned that it could take several weeks to receive a response. After a couple of weeks I got one of those automated "thanks, but no thanks" emails.

Interview Questions

• What do you know about the company? What motivates you? etc.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Omaha, NE

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at AT&T (Omaha, NE).

Interview

Phone interview followed by in-store interview. The phone interview talked a lot about personality and approaches to diversity. We talked at length about dynamic scheduling and the pros and cons versus having set schedules. I challenged my interviewer on some negative aspects of the job I read about but he didn't mind and acknowledged some truthfully and denied others.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at AT&T (Dallas, TX) in September 2016.

Interview

Applied online and took a test. Got an email and set up a interview about 1 month after applying. Went into a at&t store and interviewed with a manager.

Anonymous Employee in Greenville, SC

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at AT&T (Greenville, SC).

Interview

You have to take an online personality assessment and take a brief skills test- reading, math, typing, etc. If you pass the assessments then an interview is scheduled. The interview is pretty standard- scenario questions, expand on your resume and past experiences, education, etc. The interview is one on one style. The interview is usually with a sales manager or sales director. You may be asked to pick your favorite thing and then to try to 'sell' it to the interviewer.

Interview Questions

• tell me about a time that you had to persuade someone to do something that you may not want to do yourself   Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at AT&T in June 2016.

Interview

The interviewing process was smooth. Gotta call back the next day. I was already familiar with sales. They asked me a lot of personal questions they made it very personal.

Interview Questions

• What does customer service mean to you?
      How will you successful at this company?
      What is your expected base pay?
      How much do you want to make a year?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Salinas, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at AT&T (Salinas, CA) in May 2016.

Interview

Lengthy - multiple phone interviews with multiple different people.First interview went great, 2nd interview went well, 3rd interview was rushed and it seemed like the person just wanted to be done. I felt like the third person didn't like me right off the bat and didn't really want to do the interview. I also got the impression that even though I was overqualified for the job the other two people I spoke with were very impressed with me and thought I would succeed there.

Interview Questions

• Can you handle multiple interruptions during the day? Detail?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at AT&T (Los Angeles, CA) in May 2016.

Interview

There was a brief over the phone interview that asked simple personality questions. Then I received an in-store interview that went over that particular stores goals and standards. The manager asked me general sales questions about my previous employers. They asked about my knowledge of brands and cell phones but never asked a specific questions to test me. I had great sales experience but the manager was tired and we didn't really have that great of chemistry. They'll give you an interview if you have the experience but they'll give you the job if they like you, which is standard for most places.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Miramar, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at AT&T (Miramar, FL) in April 2016.

Interview

I submit an application to Carnival and had a phone interview. the question were very basic and and the recruiter offer me to come in for a in-person interview. When i got there the interview process took about an hour, you spent 30 minutes listening on a call and the remaining half with the interviewer. I was a bit nervous and I didn't answer the question to the best of my ability. I waited for there response, but even though I have over 14yrs of experience I learned my lesson you have to Ace the interview else you wont get the job.