AT&T Sales Consultant Interview Questions | Glassdoor

AT&T Sales Consultant Interview Questions

Interviews at AT&T

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Grand Rapids, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at AT&T (Grand Rapids, MI) in October 2009.

Interview

The first steps are basic personality and intelligence tests done online. The you get an email saying you have been chosen to move on to skills testing. You go to an ATT location and take a skills test where you role play acting as a customer service sales consultant who answers customer calls about their accounts. Once you pass the skills test you are asked to come to a face to face interview. In this interview you are asked a list of standard questions "tell me about a time when..........", then you are given a product description and a list of options. When they re-enter the room it is your job to role play a phone call where you are trying to find the appropriate product to sell to the client who has called concerning another issue. You are never asked any questions about yourself personally, your work ethic or values.

Other Interview Reviews for AT&T

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fresno, CA

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at AT&T (Fresno, CA) in August 2009.

Interview

I was only asked 4 questions during the interview, which are the following:
    Are you currently employed?
    What experience do you have in sales?
    Tell me about a time you use your sense of humor to difuse a situation at work.
    Are you competitive?
    I must warn you I was only asked very few questions because I was completely unprepared for this interview!

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you used your sense of humor to difuse a situation at work?   2 Answers

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Louis, MO

Application

The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at AT&T (Saint Louis, MO) in November 2010.

Interview

Hiring is a slow process. Patience is required. Online submissions receive acknowledgment, but watch for e-mail requesting info about sex, race, and privacy disclosure. NO access to internal HR personnel to inquire about questions or application status. Interviews are SOAR format and easy if you are highly qualified. Good luck!

Interview Questions

• Describe what you liked least about your former job and boss, how did you deal with the situation, and what would you have done differently or changed?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Arlington Heights, Cook, IL

Application

The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at AT&T (Arlington Heights, Cook, IL) in March 2009.

Interview

First your screen online for qualifications, you must answer all questions from the companies perspective to be interview. Then you are invited onsite downtown Chicago, for a large group skills testing. If you pass you are assigned and interview date at the local office you've applied to. At the 1 on 1 interview, you speak to a manager or supervisor. they aske behavioral questions and questions based on actual experiences. The will give you an inkling if they like you and I was told, I pretty much had the job, They dont hide that well if they are impressed. Also you want to engage the interviewer and ask friendly question to show your level of interest.

Interview Questions

• explain a time, where you didnt agree with a company policy, how did you handle the situation?   1 Answer
    • Explain a situation where you had to work with a difficult customer, how was the customer difficult and how did you handle the situation.   1 Answer

Negotiation

There's no negotiation needed. This role starts at 34,000 if you are college educated, and commision can land you at 100,000 realistically if your maintain top sales ranking.

Anonymous Employee in Southfield, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at AT&T (Southfield, MI) in March 2008.

Interview

applied online, got interview interviewed with 3 diffrent managers in one day, was offered job same time, and took drug test. Sent to training 2 weeks later.

Sales Consultant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at AT&T in September 2009.

Interview

Applied online, called by a recruiter and went to an interview. Was told I had the job about a week later. I was supposed to get my new hire paperwork in the mail within a couple of days but when it didn't come I called the recruiter. I didn't get a hold of her until 3-4 days later and when I did she told me the position was "cancelled". I had already turned down other positions because I accepted this one. They eventually re-opened it and I noticed it online so I called my interviewer and he then told me to re-apply and I got the job that time.

Interview Questions

• What is a negative characteristic you possess?   1 Answer

Negotiation

No, the starting pay was set.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at AT&T (Houston, TX) in August 2011.

Interview

Well it pretty much goes like all the other postings around this website. A phone interview, personality test, and then 1 on 1 interview.

The interview is pretty basic and easy when you actually apply for it and get all the way to the actual interview. The only problem was that I had previously worked at a store and I was coming back to work for the company after a year. Everything was clear up my backgrounds, re hire status, etc.. The only problem that I had about this position was that I was interviewing for a full time position rather than a part time. Which in order to be a EOE a company must interview outside candidates for any job posting. Which in my situation I was interviewing with a current PT employee who was already working at the store. So obviously I didn't get the position because it make no sense to hire someone, train them, and assimilate them with a new team. I just thought it was straight up waste of time, effort, and money to have gone through the whole process. So I'm pretty much going to tell you about the position and the company because I'm never going to work at this company ever again nor waste my time ever applying to a position even if its that last job on earth.

1. Expect to work Retail hours and have no life. Why?. they over work everybody and they don't necessarily care because they have a high turnover for this position. 110 hr every 2 weeks is normal.

2. Expect to never grow or move up unless your planning on working for the company for 6 plus years. Every position is based on seniority doesn't matter if you nail the interview to move to another position.

3. They have a union which pretty much makes every thing worse. You have lousy, unmotivated, uneducated, bitter people that you will have to work with. Could benefit you could not depends on the store. If you are in a HIT store basically don't apply unless you can speak fluent Spanish. Remember its SALES!

4. The company has horrible benefits especially for PT workers. Pretty much all of your paycheck goes to cover those costs if you have kids forget about it. Plus you are commission which is taxed by uncle sam like crazy!. But you make 16-18 and hour depending on your location. Also you have to pay the Union. Which helps out allot especially if you have douche bag Managers who write you up for being 5 mins late.

5. You have point system which is 5 points and termination after. They are removed 6 months after the actual date you were late. 1 point for not showing up or being 30+ minutes late. Basically don't show up to work if your an hour late.

So if you are a looking for a job you think the above stuff is ok with you then apply. I just think that its my duty to make sure you guys have an idea of what your getting yourself into. Hope this helps.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cedartown, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at AT&T (Cedartown, GA) in June 2011.

Interview

Filled out online application,yhe next morning had a email stating I was set up to do testing the next week to foward my name and the email back to them.went in tested passed and2 months later received a call to come back in for a facve 2 face interveiw thats were I stand atm.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 8+ months. I interviewed at AT&T (Chicago, IL) in February 2012.

Interview

I applied for AT&T about 8 months before. I received an Email telling me to call for an phone interview. During the phone interview, I was asked some questions about how my past work experience will help me at AT&T. At the end of the phone interview, she then scheduled me for an 1 on 1 interview. The 1 on 1 interview consisted of questions like why did you choose to apply for AT&T, describe a time you wish you handled a situation at work differently and other similar questions. I was also asked to sell them an item. At the end of the interview I was told I would hear from them in the next couple of days if they choose to schedule a 2nd interview. I thought the interview went well, I felt like I answered all the questions correctly and got a good vibe both managers who was in the room that they liked what they was hearing. Howeverly I did not recieve a call back and went online to check my job status and seen that they had choosen somebody else. A few people have told me that its pretty difficult to get hired unless you know somebody who works for the company. Idk how true it is but after what I thought was a good interview on my behalf, I can certainly believe it.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time where you have to show extra emotional support for a coworker.   Answer Question
    • Describe a time when your work was critized and how did you handle it.   Answer Question

Sales Consultant Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at AT&T in June 2014.

Interview

Manager was an hour late to interview. I was offered a position and didn't accept bc of this treatment. The interviewer didn't have any eye contact or want to be conversational during the process. He sped through it.

Interview Questions

• Describe a situation where you had to overcome a difficult task and did so successfully. Explain the steps   Answer Question

They just want warm bodies. I was treated as a number during the interviewing process. Person interviewing me was an hour late. They have some crazy base pay plus commission - base pay. I want a percentage of what I sell