AT&T Sales Support Representative Interview Questions | Glassdoor

AT&T Sales Support Representative Interview Questions

Interviews at AT&T

2.6

Anonymous Employee in Greensboro, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at AT&T (Greensboro, NC) in February 2011.

Interview

The hiring process at At&t Wireless is a little more intense than I had previoulsy anticipated. I filled out the application on-line then played the waiting game. I checked almost everyday to see if anything in my "status" had changed. One day out of the blue I received a call from a lady in Puerto Rico and it was a preliminary interview for At&t. She just basically asked me the same question that pretty much every other interviewer had asked "how have you went above and beyond for a customer?", I answered with a specific scenario and even names, and she told me that the hiring manager in my area will be contacting me the next day. He called @ 3pm and basically he was explaining the benefits and perks of working for At&t (which I thought were fabulous) and also what they were looking for in an SSR. This went extremely well, and he said he would contact me within the next couple days; it wasn't until a whole week and a half that I heard back from him wanting me to go in for an interview at the store with the Store Manager. I arrived early to my interview (they really value timeliness) and waited for the Manager. He was very nice and polite, but the interview was pretty unorthodox. He asked questions to get an insight on my personality as opposed to what I had previously done. This went well, and I received a call from another Hiring Manager; she told me the Manager was higly interested in offereing me the position but before she gave me the offer I had to verify some information. I verified the information and they sent me an offer letter (which I was very satisfied with), and I started the background check with HireRight, took a drug test within 48 hours, and now I'm waiting on them for the accomodation information for the training (which is out of state). Overall the experience was very positive as I got to work with a group of very professional individuals that knew what they were doing.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No room for negotiation (at least for me). Based on one's experience and education they make you an offer. Don't know if it's take it or leave it, being that I just accepted.

Other Interview Reviews for AT&T

Anonymous Employee in Winston-Salem, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at AT&T (Winston-Salem, NC) in June 2008.

Interview

This was a long interview process. There is a 250 question personality test that most people don't even complete. The reason it is so long is just to measure your persistence. Also I would suggest that bring your resume by the location that you are considering. It will take along time for them to get back to you. Just be persistence and apply multiple time that will get you noticed.

Interview Questions

• What was something that you could have a handle differently at your last job?   Answer Question

Negotiation

No it a Union job.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Grenada, MS

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at AT&T (Grenada, MS) in March 2017.

Interview

Unprofessional, Rude. Interview was never one on one, Manager kept viewing the monitors and spying on the employees and running in and out of the interview. He kept blasting the former employee that she was an under performer, not energetic, lacked personality because she was too pretty and pregnant, etc. Overall I was not impressed and never felt comfortable that I was in the running for the position. In addition, he kept throwing other positions at me to consider instead of what I was being interviewed for. His youth and inexperienced at management and very unprofessional. Floor sales reps didn't care to speak more about the position other than it was "A JOB TO PAY THE BILLS". In my opinion, the store is nice, floor sales reps were helpful, but the manager skills need improvement.

Interview Questions

• Have I considered the Retail Sales Consultant position?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at AT&T (Chicago, IL) in August 2016.

Interview

The Interview process was overall pretty simple. In total, the whole process only took about two week. However, the total number of interviews, both on phone and in person, seemed to be a quite a lot.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time where you had to make a situational decision that may have been in opposition to policy or procedure set in place.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Palm Beach Gardens, FL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at AT&T (Palm Beach Gardens, FL) in May 2013.

Interview

Brief phone interview followed by a face to face interview with hiring manager. If you passed that the hiring will reach out to you to have a interview with the store manager and continue from there.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time where you hand to deal with an angry customer and what was the outcome?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Little Rock, AR

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at AT&T (Little Rock, AR) in March 2016.

Interview

Very easy. Applied online. Had phone interview the next day, went for in person interview the following week, went for another interview with store manager a few days later, got phone call offering position within a week. Had to do drug screening and background check. Two weeks of training starting in two weeks in Houston.

Interview Questions

• Name a time when questions...   1 Answer

Negotiation

Non negotiable .

Anonymous Employee in Brooklyn, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at AT&T (Brooklyn, NY) in April 2016.

Interview

Very easy-going, laid back. They tried me to understand the character of this position. I tried to explain why I don't have a lot of experience. I liked the way how they do that, as we were the friends

Interview Questions

Negotiation

There was no this phase

Sales Support Representative Interview

Interview

Phone interview first then go to hiring mgr then retail store mgr. they will ask very specific questions in interview, must be a quick thinker and not be vague. They use an interview guide after building some rapport. Bring resume.

Negotiation

N/A did not negotiate.

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at AT&T (Dallas, TX) in September 2013.

Interview

I applied, got a call around 7:45 pm one night about a week later for a phone interview which I had heard nothing about. It went well and luckily I wasn't out and about since I had no warning of it. She said I should have received an email but I never did, I still think it was odd that they called so late & with no coordinating of times on my part. Oh well. A few days later I received an email (or maybe a phone call I can't remember exactly) for an in person interview. I met with the district manager, it went well, very laid back interview. I don't even remember what he said it was more or less chit chatting about prior experience and he asked me a few questions but nothing too stressful. He said he thought I would be a good fit for the company but wanted me to meet with the manager of the store I would be working at.. he asked if I could do an interview with the store manager about an hour later and 40 minutes away from the initial location. I agreed, met with the store manager. Pretty laid back experience again. I had a lot of customer service experience and so I think I was more than qualified they just wanted to see my personality. I was offered the job in the interview and started about a week or two later after my drug test and background check came back. The background check was extremely lengthy and detailed, ALL work experience with contact info, ANY ticket you have ever had and the specific dates/county. I had to call the cities where I had gotten tickets (speeding, registration, nothing major) to get the dates.. And the background check company had no clue what to do when I had no contact info for a business I had worked at that was closed. They still wanted to talk to someone (not sure who because the business doesn't exist) and verify my employment. The background check process was so grueling I almost gave up on the job all together.. And I have NOTHING on my "background" besides 2 speeding tickets. So be prepared for that. All in all the actual interview process was a piece of cake, but potentially be prepared for a surprise phone interview and the background check.

Interview Questions

• Tell me a time where you dealt with an upset customer, how did you handle it.. Basic interview questions.   Answer Question

Sales Support Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at AT&T in May 2016.

Interview

Online Application + Profile Completion then you will receive an emailing stating you need to complete an assessment, in which you will fail and not be considered if your honest. Google "How to pass online ____ test"