AT&T Software Engineer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Nov 9, 2017

2.7

22 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at AT&T.

Interview

The "pre interview" process was not very pleasant, the people in the career fair was not patient enough to listen to you what you are talking, they showed up in the career only for company visibility, waste of time.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for AT&T

Software Engineer Interview

Interview

I received a phone screen from a recruiter. They only asked typical behavioral problems. The recruiter told me that I would receive a technical interview after that, but they emailed me a few weeks later telling me that I will not receive anymore interviews.

Anonymous Employee in El Segundo, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at AT&T (El Segundo, CA) in March 2017.

Interview

Took a very long time, but hiring managers were very nice. First I applied online, then it took about 2 months for them to get back to me. I then had three phone screens (1st was behavioral, then they were background checks). The last interview was onsite, and was background check by the team and technical questions.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at AT&T (San Diego, CA) in January 2017.

Interview

I applied online on the AT&T website in late October, and in the middle of November, I get an email from a recruiter to schedule a phone screening interview. This interview was just behavioral, so we mostly talked about my resume, personality, why I got into computer science, etc. Then, they talked about the positions that I would be interested in, so she got me in contact with another recruiter at the specific location/position.

The second recruiter contacted me for a phone interview and also asked me some more behavioral questions, and from there, they decided to put my resume forward for some hiring managers who would be interested. It took a couple of weeks before I heard that a hiring manager was interested. We set up a Skype group call (since I could not make an in-person interview) and this group asked a mix of behavioral, personality, and basic technical questions.

The Skype group call was about a month ago, and as of now, I have not heard back from them.

Interview Questions

• What is one of the reasons that motivated you to pursue computer science?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at AT&T (New York, NY).

Interview

Interviewed over Skype. I was asked about my resume, in particular my past experience. Then I was asked if I had experience with mobile development. Then I was asked why I would want to work for AT&T.

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at AT&T (Chicago, IL).

Interview

Applied online and was contacted within 3 weeks. One short phone interview and then an in person interview at their office which consisted of an hour of walkthrough/questions/behavioral and then an hour of technical questions.

Software Engineering Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at AT&T in December 2016.

Interview

The process was very simple. After submitting my resume and applying online, I got an email from a recruiter to further gauge my interest and set up a skype interview. Very straight forward and normal behavior questions.

Interview Questions

• Why AT&T? Walk me through your resume? Talk about your previous work experiences. Etc.   Answer Question

Software Engineering Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at AT&T in November 2016.

Interview

I had a screening interview at a conference with a recruiter. Then, I applied online and heard back two weeks later requesting to schedule an interview. The interview was around an hour and a half; just behavioral, mostly the interviewer talking at me. In the interview, the interviewer told me that 6 out of the 8 positions were filled, and that the remaining 2 already had offers out.

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at AT&T (Atlanta, GA) in October 2016.

Interview

3 Step Interview process. First phone call with recruiter had no technical questions. Next call was a phone screen where I was asked a broad range of programmings basics. The Interview lasted about 40 minutes. Afterwards I took a coding challenge which was to build a mini web-app with flask or django and submit the github link. I then went for an onsite Interview which was mostly behavioral questions, past work experience etc..

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at AT&T.

Interview

I was contacted by a recruiter and began the interview process after exchanging a few emails. I completed two rounds of interviews, one phone screen and one Skype. I was told that I had done well and would be contacted within two weeks by a hiring manager with further details. Three weeks later, after a few failed attempts to contact them, I was finally contacted with the news that all of their onsite slots had been filled. Their lack of communication was completely unprofessional and the entire process was an unorganized joke. I have friends who had similar experiences, so this train wreck of an interview process seems to be their norm.