AT&T Wire Technician Interview Questions | Glassdoor

AT&T Wire Technician Interview Questions

Interviews at AT&T

2.3

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at AT&T (Atlanta, GA) in November 2012.

Interview

Had to take a test to even qualify to get the job. Passed the test and go to the RJP, If you make it to the RJP you pretty much have the job, but I have a cousin who is actually in the AIr Force that I refereed and he went to his RJP and the decided he wasn't qualified... Why I don't know because he's a healthy male that's a sergeant in the Air Force, but not good enough to work as a wire tech for AT&T?? Beats me.. So I think it depends on where you go race and who's doing your RJP. Sad that I say that in this day and time about a company as re-noun as AT&T but it is true. If you make it through the RJP which is just basic what you wanna do can you do this and customer service based questions like are you personable and sane enough to have personality to make irate customers feel comfortable with you then you pretty much get the job! Enter at your own risk though... But best of luck to any that have gotten to this point

Interview Questions

• Nothing to hard.. Important to talk about your people skills   Answer Question

Negotiation

you want to ask for as much as you can and use your college credits prior experience as leverage. They will meet you somewhere where you will be satisfied, but they will low ball you $9-$10 an hr too if you take it that's your fault!! IMPORTANT!!! because it will not change!

Other Interview Reviews for AT&T

Wire Technician Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at AT&T.

Interview

Online application, phone interview, in person interview, background check, job offer then 9 weeks of training out of town

Interview Questions

• overall the interview is easy almost everyone gets pushed through to the next step they need so many people   Answer Question

Negotiation

The offer is usually cut and dry no need to negotiate

Anonymous Employee in North Charleston, SC

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at AT&T (North Charleston, SC) in April 2014.

Interview

This is going as best as time permits. The slow responses have to do with the recruiters not getting back to the applicants in a timely manner(post testing/assessments/drug screens/medical/background). Are they overwhelmed or is no other person assigned to cover for their absences?

Interview Questions

• Explain how you resolved a problem from a customer.   2 Answers

Negotiation

Everything were spelled out prior to the offer. There is no reason to negotiate. You have the option to withdraw at every stage of the process so, at the end it is either yes or no.

Wire Technician Interview

Interview

Had to wait a month or so for them to contact me but once they did, it moved pretty quickly. It was a fairly simple process once I got my resume uploaded. All of the testing info is available online. It would be more beneficial to an applicant if they knew the salary sooner in the game.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time you had to deal with a difficult customer   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Baton Rouge, LA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at AT&T (Baton Rouge, LA).

Interview

Lengthy hiring process. It took about a month and a week to get hired on. I took the assessment and found out that I was qualified. I then went to a recruiting event at a local hotel which just happened to be the same day as my assessment. I was hoping that this would expedite the interview process, which it did. My interview was very short since it was conducted at a hiring event. I thing my case was a bit uncommon; the interviews are usually longer than the 10 minute one that I had.

Interview Questions

• The questions were all very standard and I was not asked many since my interview was so short. If you Google common interview questions then you will likely find every question that I was asked online somewhere.   1 Answer

Negotiation

I topped out for this position so there was no room for negotiation. I have heard that even if you do not start out at top pay, there is not much room to negotiate your salary.

Wire Technician Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5+ months. I interviewed at AT&T.

Interview

Took AGES to get an email for an interview. I applied in August and heard back in January. I ended up having another job already but the long application process almost wasn't worth it. I filled out pages and pages of application, just to get a chance to go to a testing center.

Interview Questions

• The test i had to take before I even interviewed was hardest. There were a few riddle type problems.   1 Answer

I got a job at USPS

Wire Technician Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at AT&T.

Interview

Will be emailed to take a test at a Pearson testing center, will get a call to screen for any kind of knowledge ( this is to decide your starting pay)

Wire Technician Interview

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at AT&T.

Interview

Do 10 question phone interview, passed. Given date to take general aptitude test, basic electricity test, and generic physical agility test, passed. Was conditionally hired subject to passing weeklong pole climbing class, passed. Given an offer rate, but was able to increase offer with certain verifiable skill sets ex. Customer service. Offers are lowball, but pay raises were guaranteed every six months and were substantial; .50/hr, 1.00/hr etc.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

HR calls and gives you an offer, usually low. Ask if there is some skill that could increase your beginning pay.

Wire Technician Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at AT&T.

Interview

About 4 or 5 managers get together and have a group " realistic interview" in which they are supposed to try and talk you out of joining. They tell you how your working in all kind of weather, pulling cable, working under homes and in attics and that you can get all the overtime you want. What they don't tell you is that overtime is mandatory and you will work until they tell you to stop. After that you meet with one of the managers for a one on one and ask the basic questions like why your a good fit and where you see yourself in 5 yrs. The one on one is no big deal the determining factor to get the job is simply passing their assessment. You do that, the rest is formality.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiations, your pay is mostly based on the area you live in and what you may have made in your last position.

Wire Technician Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at AT&T.

Interview

The Process was very slow, took about 4 months total. This involves testing, physical and drug test. You will then go in for a job preview to explain the job as well then the interview is performed. The interview was very basic, explain a problem you had and how you solved it, Why are you qualified for this job etc.

Negotiation

No Negotiation, however they gave me credit for former experience and degree.