ATCO Interview Questions | Glassdoor

ATCO Interview Questions

2.3

Engineer In Training Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Red Deer, AB (Canada)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at ATCO (Red Deer, AB (Canada)) in February 2012.

Interview

The interview was behavioral with a lot of questions where I had to describe a situation in which I had to deal with this blank blank or faced these blank blank challenges. The interview was about 50 minutes long and there was an HR person and an engineering manager. The HR person was asking most of the questions.

Interview Questions

• Were you ever in a situation during your work internship that you had to improvise on your work?   Answer Question

Distribution Planning Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Calgary, AB (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at ATCO (Calgary, AB (Canada)).

Interview

Typical interview questions with no real surprises. A lot of behavioural questions asking about past experiences to match the position. Offices seemed very old fashioned and looked like a time warp to the 1980s. Interviewers did not peak my attention for this position and I ended up taking a position with a more prominent company.

EIT Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Calgary, AB (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at ATCO (Calgary, AB (Canada)) in October 2015.

Interview

Got phone call after 4 days of applying online and scheduled for interview after 3 weeks.
    The interview was half an hour late. Interview was with engineer manager and HR. No technical questions asked. All HR related questions.

Interview Questions

• Example of informal and formal presentation.
      Example of written communication skills
      Example of a difficult decision   Answer Question

Mechanical Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Lethbridge, AB (Canada)

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 6+ months. I interviewed at ATCO (Lethbridge, AB (Canada)).

Interview

one on one with manager, very casual and friendly, Asked what i knew about the Company and what my future plans were within the company, Reviewed my education and related experience.

Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at ATCO in April 2014.

Interview

Received email and call for an interview after four days of application submission. Interview was scheduled after 3 weeks. They asked me to provide for few documents such driving abstract etc. They asked general behaviour questions for roughly 30 minutes. The environment in the interview room was very friendly and relaxing. Overall it was very good experience.

Engineer In Training Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Calgary, AB (Canada)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at ATCO (Calgary, AB (Canada)) in March 2013.

Interview

I got the interview as my friend referred me. The interview was based on personality assessment. General HR questions like, tell me about yourself, what would you bring to the company, how did you utilize your leadership skills, how was your behavior with your colleagues, what you know about ATCO gas. It lasted for about an hour and a half.

Interview Questions

• Nothing was difficult. The only thing that surprised them was that I am not a Permanent resident of Canada.   1 Answer

Quality Inspector Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sterling Heights, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at ATCO (Sterling Heights, MI) in January 2012.

Interview

I applied for a quality inspector job but the position changed to one of site administrator. I was not made fully aware of this till the day of the interview. The building and all the people I met were nice. I arrived at the facility and filled out an application and then was led to another room for the interview. There were three people present and the owner. Everone was very professional except for the owner who never got up from his desk and he had a look on his face like I owed him money. The interview seemed to go well until the owner announced he was done and that was the end. If company culture starts from the top and goes down then I would have to say ATCO is probably not a good place to work.

Interview Questions

• Since I thought I was interviewing for a different position the most difficult question was the one about how I would handle a team member who was not carrying their own wait.   Answer Question

Electrical EIT Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at ATCO in February 2011.

Interview

I got a call to come for an interview two days after the call. When I went in for the interview, two ladies from HR asked me a bunch of general personality/skills questions. They also asked me to explain in layman language some sort of a system..so I explained the Power Systems to them. The interview went quite well. Just two days after I got an email saying I was not chosen for the employment - I found it quite weird and have no clue why? Will probably try to get back in touch with them to find out the reason.

Interview Questions

• Describe a situate where you had to make the right choices   Answer Question

Facilities Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Calgary, AB (Canada)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at ATCO (Calgary, AB (Canada)) in March 2015.

Interview

It was a straight forward interview which lasted about 30mins. I was interviewed by 2 Engineers and a Human Resource personnel. The Engineers and HR personnel who conducted the interview were very easy going and nice, which made me feel more relaxed. A few minutes into the interview, it felt more like a nice conversation than an interview.

Interview Questions

• Mostly behavioral questions on how you have coped with various situations in your past jobs, with a few technical questions.   Answer Question

Analyst Interview

Application

The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at ATCO in July 2008.

Interview

First interview consisted of a group of management people who asked a wide range questions from personality to technical skills. The personality questions focused on team work and dealing with work conflict; the techinical questions included statistical tests, such as how to decide whether the variable should be included in the statistical model and what determined whether it was a good model or not. Second interview was to write a report based on different econometrics model, which one was a better model and why.